Setups for rFactor 2 cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bram, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Bram

Bram Registered

If you have difficulties controlling some of the default in game cars in the beta test don't worry there is a solution :)

We have created setups for all beta cars & tracks and you can download them here in our rFactor 2 forum.

Of course its unnecessary to say that if you wish to add your own setups the community will applaud you for it.

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

What's to say if the times your people got creating these setups are faster/more stable/better than those setups we develop? I expected hotlap times or average times in a run to be included with these setups so we can compare to our own times.

Are these hotlap setups?

Are these short race or long race setups? In rF2 with track rubbering in tires heating up like they do, a setup for a short race is useless in a long race as the car balance changes drastically with track conditions. In rF2 to say "here's a setup" is only of limited worth because different race conditions require very different setups.

3. LeZaz

LeZaz Registered

I've tried quite a few from Ramon and I can tell you they are quite stable (a lot more stable than the one by default). It did help me to learn how to manage my gas pedal (that's all the difference between the modern formula and the GPL type formula).

And by the way, I want to use this forum to thank him for his efforts. I know it's not easy to do and we need a lot of spare times to be able to do that.

More and more I love rF2:D

LeZaz

4. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Dude, why the hostility? You make it sound like "us vs them" lol. Everyone at RD who made setups are in the beta just like "us".

ISI doesn't have a setup section. RD does. And Bram was nice enough to come over here and share.

Thank you for the link Bram :D

5. ROON

ROON Registered

Talk about biting the hand that feeds. If you believe your setups are superior then by all means continue to use them, however there are many sim racers out there who aren't confident enough to develop their own or lack the understanding required to do so. For those people, a setup database is invaluable.

Look at the 'language' field in his profile, 'nuf said. :)

6. ethone

ethone Registered

Thanks Bram!

7. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

thanks for sharing! I'm noob at making setups, maybe this is a good place to start. I'll compare yours with the defaults and see what changes... :)

8. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

I really like when I make the best time and people ask about setup only because Im first. My answerer is "I use default" lol
    I can do 1:015xx m with renault in sepang with default and Im not even a pro. just know the track.

9. ROON

ROON Registered

Yeah, true that. Having a good understanding of the circuit is essential. I'm really comfortable lapping around Mills MetroPark in the Megane's, I did a lot of practice offline after getting pummeled in some servers. In about an hour and a half I shaved off 11 seconds from my previously best lap. The setup counts for a bit, but mainly knowing the circuit and it's limitations is where the real fast laps come from.

10. naifexx

naifexx Registered

Thanks for the setups Bram!!! :cool:

11. isamu

isamu Registered

Thanks!

12. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Thanks Bram, going to use them as I don't have time anymore for it myself........
    I am doing a teachers education and that's a lot of work; RF is now only to blow off steam ;)
    In "the good old days" THAT was the game for me; making setups and studying the data; hardly ever driven a good race other than to test my setup. Now, I just want to race a few laps and this comes in pretty handy!

@ Guy Moulton; dude, you don't HAVE to........and the guy said: "If you have difficulties controlling some of the default in game cars"
    So I just want to say: WTF??

13. CraigT

CraigT Registered

Richard...He was just trying to be helpful. I have used some of those setups and they are quite good.

14. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Yeah, You gotta love that feature.

Thanks Bram. And thanks to those who have shared their setups.