this is a conversion im working on for personal use but i have some sceeen shots

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by les, Jan 30, 2012.

1. les

les Registered

ok guys screen shots this track is a rf1 track dover yea i know another left turn lol

i do have problems the fences are not transparent View attachment 930

2. les

les Registered

3. sothis

sothis Registered

Looks good.

But, why post screenshots of something that you'll keep to yourself in this regard? :) Just wondering.

4. SmokinJo65

SmokinJo65 Registered

5. les

les Registered

why did i post screen shots well

i posted a coupleof pictures to show what rfactor2 will look like with tracks that are well known like dover
    that is the only reason these tracks are not mine so i would not feel right taking someone elses work and giving it out

the potential for rf2 is there, rfactor2 can be the best im not an expert on textures but i wanted you guys to see even for a rookie like me the track looks pretty good

6. les

les Registered

thanks smoke

7. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Set the buildings objects shading as "Facet" in plugin panel. They'll look much better.

8. SmokinJo65

SmokinJo65 Registered

Thanks Satangoss, it's hard to know which stuff to use in the export panel as I have not seen a website yet that tells what to use and obviously there are THOSE of us here that have not worked with this stuff yet.

9. les

les Registered

thank you that made it alot better

10. les

les Registered

11. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Nice buildings textures.

12. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

It's getting nice. Try to use vertex paint modifier on the buildings to emulate a ambient occlusion. I would detach some parallel walls, set the wall colour vertexes as a any gray tone different from the default white and re-attach again. It will create a fake shadow which improves the visual aspect.

After that, select all vertex and click on "weld" to kill duplicated points (0,1 m tolerance would be enough at least you have too much detailed objects, if so you should decrease value).

Vertex close to the terrain also deserved a vertex colour a bit darker than white.

Edit = grey = gray (illiterate)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
  13. les

les Registered

im not getting what your meaning i know the basics in max so what you said satangoss i have no clue

14. ethone

ethone Registered

When you start vertex painting make sure to leave the Vertex Alpha channel alone if you want to put some blending onto that object.

15. SmokinJo65

SmokinJo65 Registered

LOL.. Yeah I know Les, it's like there trying to teach us how to use Max but a lot of new people don't understand typing, they need a video to understand. :cool:

What Satangoss and ethone said flew right past my head, look it up on youtube though.

You can check this site also as it has some video tutorials on it.
    http://www.mbdevteam.com/download/Tutorials/index.html

1 person likes this.
  16. blakboks

blakboks Registered

I thought I read somewhere pre-beta, perhaps when the December screen shots were released, that we are going to be getting SSAO (or some sort of AO technique) at some point. So, it might not be a good idea to 'fake' the AO quite yet. But, I suppose as long as you don't collapse the Vertex Paint modifier, you can always just delete it when the real AO is implemented (or even select all vertices and set them back to 'white' if you do happen to collapse the modifier).