rF2 screen shots.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by F1lover, Jan 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

thats good!!!

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

No..you-re not the only one...and the rF2 actual gfx is much more solid than SHIFT. ;)

BTW...are those shots taken from a video sequence? I see motion blur in the first shot...like a sort of frame interpolation.

EDIT> nevermind...I see you-ve changed the first shot. :p

3. FONismo

FONismo Registered

Did you mean the modern F1? Yes that is from a video i am making and has effects on it hence the blur. :cool: I have to keep pinching myself, these physics, this FFB and now even nicer eye candy, rF2 is growing into a beast

4. tjc

tjc Registered

Wow!

Those are pretty spectacular Nismo... :cool:

I`ve never seen it like that yet... the wet surface and reflections are quite amazing. :eek:

I know what you mean too about the combo... all I`ve driven since the update is the BT20 and Monza.

5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

eh eh....my eyes are still working fine...:cool:

Stunning work as usual...

6. FONismo

FONismo Registered

It's an amazing sim car it really is. Also, it is great at SPA. Now if they can just tweak the AI some more at SPA, it will be amazing. They make too many mistakes for me still. Spent a good 2 hours earlier trying to get a video but every race some AI made a mistake and every time i always ran into it. It's like your car is a magnet for trouble when things go wrong ahead. If your not hit by a car you can be sure a hay bale will strike you. Love it still...haha

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh I`ve noticed the AI snag myself man and it can be a pita, I make enough mistakes myself without them helping lol but it`s something that will be addressed for sure.

Still, it keeps you on your toes. :D

Got to agree with you on the BT20 being an amazing sim car too, as I`ve said that combo is pretty much all I`ve driven since the update and loving every minute of it, can`t get enough ha!

What ToD/weather settings did you have in those shots as I`d love to see it for myself as it were.

:)

8. RafBR

RafBR Registered

No you are not! I knew it already, rFactor 2 have all the potential to get there graphically as well ;) .I notice it in every build, it being more smooth or "eye candy".

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Very impressive especially that last one. Just wondering, why does the game make everything look so much smaller and farther away as its going off in the distance. Is this just a fov of the camera thing or something to do with the games world proportions and technical stuff like that

Edit: Nevermind now that I think back to being at tracks myself in real life, I'd have to say the rFactor way is actually more realistic in regards to being there in person. I think the real life camera just makes things seem closer when they really arent, just like when watching on tv, you dont realise how huge a track is until you go there in person.

10. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Indeed, graphically rF2 looks cuter now (kawaii!). And I really don't mind. Combined these enhanced graphics with the new physics plans (combustion engine, etc), and ISI will hit gold. :)

And as always, great shot FONismo.

11. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

It's just a matter of FOV angle set in rF vs FOV angle in a camera.

12. Ivan Baldo

Ivan Baldo Registered

Impressive! Thanks for taking the time and work for doing it!
    Maybe you can try to reduce the FOV (Field Of View) in rFactor2 and put the same hour and similar weather condition as when you took the photos to have more similarity!
    Again, thanks!

13. FONismo

FONismo Registered

14. Twista

Twista Registered

It took me a moment to realise this was in game. God damn, man. That's impressive.

If this game had DoF and motion blur it would be perfect.

15. RafBR

RafBR Registered

If you could turn off (I dont know if it is possible) DOF and Motion Blur from pCars, it's graphics would not be better than rFactor 2's.
    edit: Even with those Fx (IMHO) pCars loses graphically.

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

+1

17. RSR_Shags

RSR_Shags Registered

Sadly my Nvidia GTX 550 Ti 1gb barely runs this game.

The graphics have really stepped beyond the capabilities of that particular card...

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

u want to swap? I have a 9800gt 500mb here lol

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Very interesting, how are there 2 different field of views one for the "angle set" (whatever that means) and one for the actual camera?....

Is angle set some kind of hardcoded fov of the world and would therefore be the reason why all games that take accuracy and proportions seriously still look different even when they are all set to the exact same fov??...

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Just curious how would the DOF make it perfect?

Are you talking about in replay mode so it gives it more of a televised/filmed look? Or do you mean by how the DOF gives the "illusion" of better graphics because it hides jaggies, crappy looking objects, textures and any other not so great graphics things because its all blurred out and you therefore cannot notice if the graphics behind the blur are great or not....

Just curious how DOF would make it better in your oppinion thanks :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.