Pedals overlay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by epc1, Jan 13, 2012.

1. epc1

epc1 Registered

Hello guys , simple question is there a way to enable a pedals overlay?. I´d like to see what my inputs are.

Thank you.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I don't know but I've always liked this feature as well.

3. tweaq

tweaq Registered

Ditto. Would be nice for replays as well to show how much throttle control some of the cars need

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I need this very much too. Please ISI, add pedal indicators some where in the corner (or configurable location on screen).

5. krivjur

krivjur Registered

+1. I think there was some plugins on rF1 which worked with real time telemetry, but haven't seen anything for replays.

6. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

Trying not to promise too much, but this is definitely on our list. BTW, would it be cheating to be able to see this for your multiplayer opponents?

7. Deci=EWE=

Deci=EWE= Registered

I see no problems with it for my own hud , just not on replays for mp players that would be like stealing motec data from Ferrari if you drove for Williams

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

If we are talking about live session, then probably we should not be able to see others pedals when we are in pits and following other car on "TV".

But in replay, there is a solution. In replay options there can be button "Allow pedal movement recording". If checked, player would agree that others will be able to see his pedal work. This is very flexible, because we can turn this on for some sessions (if we willing to show to others pedals on replay) or turn this off when we do not want to show.

9. shivanandrs

shivanandrs Registered

+1

I don't mind allowing others to see my input but it's better to have options.

10. krivjur

krivjur Registered

Thanks. As said above it could be by opt-in basis (for both parties, if you like to reduce replay size or transmit bandwidth for example). Stumbled upon the Throttle, Brake and G-meter on HUDTEXTURE.TGA so there definitely has been some thought about it. :)

11. Lars Strijdonck

Lars Strijdonck Registered

driver only, you could store it in the replay file but not live IMO.
    I do miss this as I like to see if I have brake drag or full throttle while on track.

12. epc1

epc1 Registered

bump to know if this option has become available or planned on next biuld?

I really need this :)

13. TechAde

TechAde Registered

rF2 Pedal Overlay Plugin

Here you go guys, here's a very simple little plugin I knocked up that will display throttle, brake and clutch bars in the top left corner of the UI.

I've only tested it in single player, no idea what it'll do in a multiplayer session.

Any comments or problems please post them in here.

Edit:

You'll need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package installed to use this, as I used VS2010 to create it, available here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5555

If you have an AMD video card then these will already be installed as the CCC requires them.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  14. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Nice work!
    Works perfect in Multiplayer

15. Maug

Maug Registered

Thanks a lot TechAde!

16. TechAde

TechAde Registered

rF2 Pedal Overlay Plugin v2

Here's version 2 of the rF2PedalOverlayPlugin, which adds an rF2PedalOverlayPlugin.ini file containing:

[General]
    OffsetX=0 // Horizontal offset from left edge of UI
    OffsetY=0 // Vertical offset from top edge of UI
    BarWidth=10 // Width of each bar
    BarHeight=50 // Height of each bar

When calculating offsets bear in mind that the code adds 1 pixel to both X & Y offsets automatically.

Please remove the previous version before installing this one as I've changed the file name slightly, from rF2PedalOverlay.dll to rF2PedalOverlayPlugin.dll.

If no ini file exists then it will create one on first run, with the defaults shown above, alongside the DLL in the Plugins folder.

2 people like this.
  17. Gonzo

Gonzo Member

I guess its part of telemetry and should not be shown to opponents.
    Don't forget there are leagues which do serious racing and where setups and telemetry are huge secrets.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

IMHO yes in replays, yes to the player himself in MP, but no over MP to other clients.

19. Maug

Maug Registered

Tbh it can be a great tool for teaching others. I mean i've spent countless hours trying to explain people how to drift as they wanted to learn. If i had had a plugin like this one that would have allowed them to see what i was doing with the pedals when doing a passenger ride and I would have been able to correct them in a better way in real time when training. I've always dreamed of it in rf1.

20. lopsided

lopsided Registered

I have iHud (MightyGate) installed on my iPod and it has a feature showing brake and throttle inputs. It has worked with each build so far. It's another option to those who may have an iPod/iPad.
    I like having more info. available but don't always want it overlaid on the screen itself.