Turn off the hands!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Derek Speare, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Angus94

Angus94 Registered

people are so picky, no arms no wheel, dont you people want ANY immersion

2. WallyM

WallyM Registered

Who cares if people want something different to you? There is no one way, no right or wrong... just what people want. You don't have to agree, you just have to respect that people want feature X to be a certain way. At the end of the day ISI will give us what they give us.

3. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

It's just some whiner who is trying to sell his $30 button boxes for a $100. He doesn't even sim race.

4. blanes

blanes Registered

wtf ! ... there is so much hostility in some of these threads, it is so unnecessary :(

5. STRZ

STRZ Registered

Everybody should do what he wants, but..

Immersion in simracing = realism. Seeing arms and wheel only makes sense if you use a head mounted virtual reality display and don't see your own arms and FFB wheel, then it's immersive. But sitting in front of a screen it doesn't make any sense seeing hands and wheel ingame. Most people who rely those animations drive with silly large FOV's and a wrong placed screen. Well some may like it that way but it has nothing to do with simulating a racecar from a drivers point of view, it's more like the 6yr old with the Playstation controller on the backseat. Sounds arrogant but is the truth.

There's a very useful guide in this forum wich points out the importance of the right FOV setting for max realism http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/93-Setting-up-your-rFactor-FOV-Tutorial

Everybody should read it who wants to get the realest visual experience out of his simracing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2012
  6. Blaktop

Blaktop Registered

Let's just forget about why we should/shouldn't have hands and wheels, who's "right" and who's "wrong" and especially slamming those whose opinion differs from yours......that's not the issue. The issue is, someone has asked for the option to turn them off. That should be the end of story.....having the option to turn them off will satisfy everyone.

Personally I get tired of going to thread to see what the original poster has said only to see a heap of people jumping on him/her for being....(shock horror)....wrong.....well at least have a different view. Funnily enough it seems to be the same names popping up all the time hammering away at people with a different view......can you spell troll. Give it a rest.

BTW....I don't mind the wheel but I don't want the hands.....and I agree with Derek, options like this should be standard options in sims these days.

7. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

thanks for that link, just done the measurements on there and it seems my FOV should be 35, I have it at 60 at the moment, so will go off and try 35 and see ;)

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Your exclamation marks are only effective if you end it with "!!1"

9. 2slow4u

2slow4u Registered

I would like to have a button to switch off only hands/arms.
    Actually i switch off the steering wheel but this is not what i would really like to see...