rfactor 2 beta video's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SKeijmel, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjc

tjc Registered

Having no shadows makes the car look like it`s floating instead of connected to the road surface...

Nice vid though. :)

2. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

It's actually pretty much bang on to be honest, this is very close to the gp2 sim I drove (to avoid questions about opinion vs fact and experience..) :) (But I agree that 1 or 2 steps higher would be absolutely perfect for me, to match eyelevel to mirror level or thereabouts, but it still is damn close)

Speaking of unrealistic, just looking at mcgyverxxl's video, the girafe said it all I guess.

Just great that they release this thing while I'm asleep and needing to work the next day, thanks a lot!

3. tjc

tjc Registered

The cockpit view?

Not imo... when the steering wheel is turned it`s obscuring the view which cannot be realistic...

Imo. :)

4. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

What happens in real life is that you can turn your head/eyes looking into the apex, so while driving your hand and steering wheel doesn't obstruct near as much as on your screen :)

I do am curious what the default setting is though, but then again, I needed to adjust the seat position on the RFT car so not sure what it will end up looking like. Very impressed with what I see so far though :)

5. tjc

tjc Registered

Very true and something to keep in mind but I still think the fov`s above are too low...

For me anyway. :)

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

That as well is more realistic when you want to have what you see line up with the real scale. The downside is that you'd really want triplescreens to benefit from it really :(

Think they are in the middle a bit, for a single screen too low, for triple screens, too high, but don't know for sure :p

7. tjc

tjc Registered

For me, with one screen :)() this is about right...

[​IMG]

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

That is on the high side for me, I'm a short guy, and the ones on the last page with the low seating is almost exactly what I saw in the real life cockpit, so I'm sticking with that ;)

9. tjc

tjc Registered

By all means, stick to what feels/looks good to you... I`m not trying to change anyone`s fov...

I`m 6 ft but have never sat in a real formula car so I`m just going by stuff I`ve seen and read so my fov could be a smidgen high maybe... will test this more. :)

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Neither have I, but don't think I'm ever going to get closer than what I drove then and that was a GP2-like chassis, figure that is quite close to the F1 ones. Really wish I had triple screens or a projector to drive with proper fov, single screen sucks :( (and being poor as well!)

Hope it drives as well as I think it looks! :)

11. lazaro1717

lazaro1717 Registered

Me driving two awesome games, but I think rF2 is way better ;)

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Cool... youv`e driven a GP2 like car... niiice! I`d love to even have a seat in a formula type car let alone get to push the loud pedal...

After a little more research I think my fov may be just a tad high but I don`t think (for me) it needs to be as low down as it`ll go. :)

Back to kind of on topic, I think the MR01 drives really well but I`ve only done a handful of laps so far. Challenging, but in a good way, after all I reckon if I jumped in a real MR01 (or any formula car) it`d be pretty damn challenging to drive, that`s if I could even get away without stalling...

One of the best modern F1 sim cars I`ve driven. :)

13. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Whoa there! Read carefully, it was a sim with a monocoque which resembled a gp2 one, and was used as such as well. You should try the brake pedal, like pushing against a wall at the first go ;)
    But for me, that was the best sim experience ever and I don't think I'll get to surpass that, unless I get some tracktime in an openwheeler which will beat that any day ofcourse, but those chances are just as slim as winning the lottery I suppose.

I'm really damn curious how this thing drives, so will have to sit tight for tonight, have to watch yesterdays' race still as well :( Moaaaaarrr videos please :)

14. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh right... I don`t think you actually stated anywhere in your previous posts that it was a sim cockpit you were referring to. Still, sounds like a really good experience.

I think you`ll like the MR01 when you get a chance to drive it...

:)

15. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I actually did, and yes it was ;)

I hope you are right, although I probably won't have the time this evening, my girlfriend deserves some attention as well :)

16. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

You've got a girlfriend?! What's that? A girl? GIRL? Woot?

17. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Why else do you think Zolder is going at such a demented snails' pace :X

18. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Here a hotlap while I was testing F1 Marussia. One more car I love :eek:. Better real Marussia lap in Monza past year was 1:27.0xx done by Timo Glock in Qualifying. I'm not the best, I haven't much practice with this car, and my lap is with 50L and default setup, best drivers I think would reach 1:26s with no fuel, nice setup, and good use of DRS.

When you know the car, is awesome... isn't easy to drive, but far from impossible as some people says when spins due not to care about their use of gas ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  19. tjc

tjc Registered

Nice lappery Esteve...

+1 to the above ^^ too. :)

20. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Marussia @ Poznan, multiple angles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.