Do I need to keep this weekend free?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jajp999, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davevg

Davevg Registered

cudos on a good one Slothman. I'll be putting that one in the old memory bank for future reference

2. Nor

Nor Registered

you're quite senistive ;-)

3. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

It actually requires very little skill aside from Knowing the flags and the procedure. The event management stuff is a bit more involved.
    You can usually get someone to cover for you whilst you do your run in a Hillclimb and it's a club thing so we actually help each other out. Strange thinking for a lot of you selfish prats.

Technically they are almost identical ... Space frame chassis, limited engines (Pushrod OMG) size weight etc

Feral and tribal is the best honour they may have in my life.

Sports cars and formula is real racing. Taxis belong in plebian driveways for carrying kids to school.

Smooth roads

Let us leave this alone and allow the thread to pursue the bitches and whines of those who feel that not getting the new release of their new toy gives them some entitlement.

4. D!2T

D!2T Registered

You know that feeling like you've been cheated out of due credit, Damn it! If only I'd of thought harder about that classic saying this could of been me banking the cudos, the disappointment is almost as much as coming here every 2 hours!

5. D!2T

D!2T Registered

2hours is an exaggeration though and wishful thinking.... it's more every 30minutes actually!

6. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

You can't polish a turd and a V8 supercar is as polished you can make that particular turd.
    I have a 1978 Cortina that laps the creek 4 seconds faster than a V8Superturd.

Ford 9" diff. hewland box, motec management, restricted heads and crank, parity derived aero package.
    GET REAL they are all the same car. Fast and well engineered I'll concede, but still a NASCAR that can turn right.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
  7. D!2T

D!2T Registered

2:04 in a Cortina damn!! I'm impressed with that time!

8. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

@Brycevr
    You seem to be very against V8 Supercar series... did they hurt you or your family or what? :)

EDIT: Yeah, and probably it's that 2 liter 86HP version that only in his hands is faster than V8SC ;)

9. D!2T

D!2T Registered

I don't doubt the time, maybe it's got a huge Cosworth in it, this would make sense! Would be a scary car if doing those sorts of times around Bathurst

10. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

No not at all it's just that I look on racing at the premiere level as a contribution to improving efficiency. I don't think that having dinosaur pushrod engines and such exclusive rules help.
    I know that they will always be part of the redneck culture that is part of Australian culture and like NASCAR your southern feel.
    It doesn't make them racecars. I did flags here for a trackday and there where 6-7 cars that blew the soupcan record into the weeds, they were not going for times but just shakingdown their cars for the GT3 12 hour.

If you like the racing, go for it. The BTCC has better racing and they can compete with others around the world. DTM has without doubt the best tin tops in the world. I still believe that the only race worth winning is Le Mans.
    At least we now have the chance to run world class GT's here with the 12hr in Feb.
    I am so excited

11. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

FTFY :p ;)

12. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

260kw and 907KG
    5 yrs of work and I can't count the dollars
    It sticks and it goes real hard.

1:29.78 But really loose

13. ROON

ROON Registered

Having an opinion is all well and good, launching a crusade against a series and it's fans is another thing. I don't like V8SC either but I'm happy to let those who do enjoy it for what it is. I hate Fat Yak beer, some love it, who cares?

14. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Lol Brycevr, you have just lost all your credibility. I'm not sure if I can read many more posts by you without laughing. You live in a very weird, spaced out dream world.

The fastest lap recorded at Bathurst was a 2:06, by a V8 supercar. It is not the official record because it was not during a race. Here is a list of all the lap records, as copied and pasted by wikipedia.

15. zemaniac

zemaniac Registered

Everybody knows that the "Estrella Galicia" (tasted while you're doing the "Camino") is by far the best beer, so what? :D

16. blaknift

blaknift Registered

this site is slllloooowww for me!

17. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

It took me 2 yrs to model it into RF1 properly.
    Another year to get my motec to match the RF feeds.
    RF was my development engine for changes it must have saved me about 10K. being a hobby racer, that sort of dough mattered a lot to me.
    Soupcans have million dollar budgets and trash technology.
    More polishing turds again.

18. Brycevr

Brycevr Registered

I was quoting an Eastern creek time
    Bathust is a very specific track that loves speed and not handling.
    I have yet been able to do a full Mount lap in anger but I'm hoping for a 2:10 My car is not geared for the straight and if i gear it so I'll lose the pull from the corners

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2012
  19. ROON

ROON Registered

Beer is best tasted when watching Formula 1. ;) :cool:

20. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Motorsport is a discipline like every other on this planet. It's mostly about competing against other in the same conditions. It's like football/soccer, bowing, curling, chess etc. Yes, in some forms of such competition, after years it became obvious it is very good proving ground for testing prototype solutions etc. but that's not the main reason why motorsport exists!
    It's all about competing and having fun out of that (and maybe some money too, if you are lucky).
    In fact, the less complicated cars are and the more restricted rules about what you can change in a car (compared to its road equivalent) the better for competition. If you didn't notice already, the most tight competition is ALWAYS in cup and/or lower touring cars series.

Oh, and by the way, Nascar is in many terms more complicated motorsport than many touring and GT series :)

In the end though, everyone watches what likes the most. I prefer GT than BTCC but that doesn't mean BTCC is rubbish... it's just a different racing serie. That's all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.