3 improvements that i want very much in rfactor2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rfactruo, Dec 31, 2011.

1. rfactruo

rfactruo Registered

first: imo new game must have career mod (acording to your success getting new offers from same class teams or another motorsport eg. rtrainer to gp2) and compatiblity to mods.

second.very improvement to dirt and rally physics.

third: old tool bob track builder compatiblity.i cant make a new fantasy track whitin 5 minutes simply and racing with ais.there no track tool like this in racing game history. i hope isi new engine can let bob to make new version for factor 2
    sorry for english

2. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

isn't bob from bobs track builder dead?? i think i read that somewhere.
    would be lovely to have a tool like that, but i guess with the new modding tools the old track builder won't work at all...

3. phil23

phil23 Registered

1: If it were to have a Career Mode I wouldn't want it to be mandatory. Career Modes are more for Arcadish or less Sim orientated games like Coddies Grid, Dirt Series and their F1 games. I wouldn't want to play my way through a game like that. It's why I've never played the Gran Turismo games much as I get fed up of having to do races in cars I'm not interested in just to earn money (or invites in other games) just to get to something I want to drive!!!

2: I'm sure rF2 will have better implementation to offroad racing. They showed dirt tracks early in the developement ages ago:).

3: I'm sure that this tool could still be used, but without a new version it would mean making for rF1 first then doing a conversion to rF2 using ISI's tools.

4. Tickford

Tickford Registered

I can't stand career mode games. I want to drive the car's I choose too, not stuff around trying to "earn" my way to a half decent car.

5. ZMC888

ZMC888 Registered

1. Have better handling feel and setup options and FFB than Netkar pro.
    2. Have better graphics than Simbin.
    3. Be better than RF1 in every other way.

Job done :cool:

Optional career mode as a training mode for new drivers, and a challenge for offline play a bit like GTR2 would be cool. But for me realistic handling and track environment is most important followed by, good FFB, then maybe graphics are icing on the cake.

6. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

This is how rumors spread.
    "Piddy" is very much alive.

7. volganevariver

volganevariver Registered

1 - i would really like to see a natural damage model, let every single damaged part of a car play a role
    2 - dirt offroad tracks with 3d surface with hummocks and holes
    3 - regular traffic support on the road, in towns and villages

8. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

Which racing series races with traffic on the road? lol, sounds dangerous still it would let your ideas for a damage model be fully realised ;)

9. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

None (well, there are some illegal road racing series), but would do wonders for tracks like Cannonball Run. =)

A low concern definitely, but would be a nice addition.

10. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

How would they call that then..... Need for Speed???

I really couldn't care less about such addition, I think it would be nearly impossible for a realistic racing game, with physics like rF2 will have, to have traffic on roads. It would need a supercomputer, or VERY little traffic. Besides, it isn't like real door to door racing, so I think such a thing would have to be in another sort of game, not a propper racing simulator.

11. NoClue48

NoClue48 Registered

PLEASE! No mandatory career mode in rF2!

I hate having to slog through inane races amassing "points" in grocery-getter cars that can't get out of their own way just to get to a car I want to drive. I want to step right into a race-ready Porsche or Ferrari and bust up some carbon fiber panels.:D

<steps down off soapbox>

12. Jux

Jux Registered

1. Rally stages
    2. Rally/dirt physics
    3. Rally season rules :p

13. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Hey now, just because it doesn't fit your bill there's no need to get agitated. =)

Lots of people enjoy the street racing scene, and frankly it's better to do it on a computer than in real life. Need For Speed games are unplayable because they don't have anything to do with real cars. Just because it's illegal is no reason not to offer a proper simulation of it. Proper simulation is the right way to do anything car related in games. =)

14. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

:p to be honest: i really enjoyed driving around in GTA4...with traffic you just have to react very differently at every corner. and there were quite some nice "tracks" around the city to drive on. only bad thing was the lack of realism in the cars handling and the ffb. i think there is nothing wrong with liking that thing AND simracing. would be really cool to have the GTA4 map as track in RF2 :D even without traffic...you could put up barriers and have super nice tracks with nice view in the background...well just dreaming :p

15. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Nowhere have I said I didn't like it. I do like it from time to time, but I see rF2 as a serious simulator, and games like Need for Speed (although not having the latest few games, and not having played it lately) for some less serious street-racing. In my opinion those two sort of racing should be seperated. Just my Opinion ;)

16. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Street racing can be very serious. Deathly serious even. Actually it's that serious pretty often... It's also very illegal, and hence should only be handled in the realm of simulators (whereas real racing is legal and can be done in real life).

I've never driven on a proper race track or in a proper race car (apart from karts and kart tracks), but I've driven on real roads (some mountain roads even) in normal cars, and if you gave me a choice between every GT1, GT2, GT3, LMP1, LMP2, open-wheeler, WTCC etc. cars with every race track in the world, and a handful of production cars and a few choice mountain roads, both with equally realistic physics, I wouldn't hesitate a second to choose the production cars. They're infinitely more interesting to me than race cars. Not that there's anything wrong with racing cars, but I can't relate to them at all.

17. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

same over here! 99 per cent of the RF2 users will never have the chance to race a racecar. but they could be able to drive a modified miata or an old M3. i also love driving those cars in sims more than racecars, because when you go over the limit with those slick tyres your off...with semis or road tyres you can often save the situation. saving a critical situation just gives me a much more rewarding feeling than improving your last laptime by a thousandth.
    with all this i don't say anything AGAINST people who love race cars! everyone should have his own opinion, but while having that, you should allow everyone else to have his opinion! i think RF2 will allow for this diversity

18. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Well here's the catch. It is true that rF2 is serious simulator, that's why it would make awesome street racing simulator as well. Because all those NFS style games have ****ty physics aimed for arcade fun, but it is completely another ball game to have street racing with serious physics. And who said it has to be street racing anyway, how about just cops vs. crooks chases? It would be awesome bonus to have scripted "traffic" in such mod.

19. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I think 'cops vs crooks' would be taking R Factor down a very silly path, maybe it could be made by some mod group and some people would get a kick out of it but there is a reason why R Factor, I Racing and all the others only focus on simulated racing cars and that is it requires a great deal of work trying to perfect a closed circuit racing games, and need for speed style racing would only distract from what they are trying to achieve.

Programming traffic on roads would be a huge deal of work for programmers and why would they make that infastructure when all the circuits they have are closed meaning fenced off. Racing through traffic is quite an unintelligent activity and just because some little boy with a fast car wants to do it in real life, that doesn't mean it should be catered for in one of the finest sims of all time.

It would be like a leonardo davinci application having a paint by numbers.

p.s - production cars have always been catered for in R factor, along with street tires, so that's not an issue.

20. O11

O11 Registered

lawl @ the elitists.