Open Beta This Week?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DougSpinster, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RT1971

RT1971 Registered

By my calculations it will be released on my birthday 18/12/11.
    R = 18 and F =6 R-f = 12 and 1+1 = 2 So ........................................
    Sorry I'm bored I've been doing complex formulas for 2 whole weeks.

2. jorge salgueiro

jorge salgueiro Registered

No, Murphys law say: It will come out your girlfriend's birthday :D

3. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Bad luck to his gf ;)

4. yugo23

yugo23 Registered

Maybe she's into sim racing, so it will be great birthday gift. :p

5. Pudlea

Pudlea Registered

Have patience. As most modders know, there is nothing worse then hurrtying up and sending out an open beta just to realise with-in first few moment that there is something definitely wrong needing urgent changing. I think you will find that ISI feel this same way and would rather use the closed beta to find all of these areas of improvement and make sure that when the open beta does go live, that we will all enjoy our full 18 months of use without have to wait more weeks for major fixes to go through before we can utilise it properly. IS know what point that want to get it to to achieve this, let then get to that point, have patience and respect the fact that they are actually undertaking this project. No amount of whinging, whining or even begging are going to work, just wait in anticipation and take in the new news as it is released ont hese forums.

6. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Registered

ISI marketing and promo is ****. I think that this is not a question...

7. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

dont hold back mate...tell us how you really feel :rolleyes:

8. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Well that's quite obvious.
    There's no question mark at the end of the sentence. :rolleyes:

I never knew so many whining kids were into sim racing, especially seeing as it's not for the PS/xbox. :p

9. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

indeed, it's not a question. Especially since ISI say so themselves. THEY WON'T DO MARKETING UNTILL SOMETIME AFTER RELEASE..... and since it isn't released, the marketing is non-existing, JUST AS THEY WANTED IT TO BE!!!!!

Wether you agree with it or not doesn't matter, it is their product, and they should treat it the way they think is right, and the way the want to. Do you really think ISI will do it bad on purpose? It will only cost them money, so I don't think any company would do something wrong on purpose. I'm not saying ISI is doing it the right way, but also not saying that they are doing it wrong. It will turn out in the end how good they have done, and we just have to life with it. (Not to difficult, is it???).

PS: not intended as aggresive, or a personal attack, but maybe it comes different to your side of the screen. If that's the case, then sorry ;)

10. Thomas_L

Thomas_L Registered

As I am very busy with the "Back to Karkand" maps I don`t worry about the release date of rf2 :rolleyes:

11. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

Do you play on PS3?

12. Thomas_L

Thomas_L Registered

13. fastorro

fastorro Registered

wronnnnnng!!!

beta open for christmas! it comes with santa claus ;)

14. Kalle Lints

Kalle Lints Registered

Santa brings you rF3 if you want :D

15. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Registered

I think some people here need to have a sense of perspective installed…

Personally speaking, I’m afraid I don’t see how it makes a whole lot of sense to release the Beta before Xmas and then bugger off on holiday for two weeks. What happens if there’s a major flaw in the program that has never reared its head before people start installing it on their systems? These are paying customers, and it could get tricky if one of them is really unhappy and reaches for the nearest lawyer or, even worse, starts ranting all over the internet…

If I was a boss, would I really want to subject myself and my staff to a two week break knowing there was a chance that I/they’d be coming back to major problems and have to wade their way through mountains of chaff to get to the wheat? Would you want that hanging over your head? Doubt it. You could end up chasing your tail for weeks. ISI is a business, and it’s staffed by people with kids, wives, etc. Better to go away, have the time off, kick everything off again in the new year when everyone’s nice and fresh, and have a managed launch where you’ve got the best chance to keep on top of any issues that arise.

In short, if the beta gets rushed out, we could lose out in the long run. I mean, what are we talking here? Three, four weeks? You surely MUST have something else to do with your time over Christmas! No?

16. unrealnoise

unrealnoise Registered

...But if the promo is weak (before release), then maybe rF2 will not be as popular like as GTR3, CARS... (and maybe come the weak revenue, disinterest) And the promises are very annoying for me. (1. not released rFactor2 in 2011 2. not released beta in 2011 3. I find now nothing new videos from ISI, but they are promised more videos too (rain and SPA).
    The thing is that more and more frustrated and annoyed people... (sry my eng)

17. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I'm pretty sure I understand how you, and lots of other people feel about it. It's just that it isn't your product, it's theirs, so I think they should do with it whatever they think is best. I'm sure they have their reasons for it. Maybe I'm just to relaxed about it, but I have never had the feeling that ISI will let me (us) down.

For me, even though I really want rF2, it just stays a game (which I think will be the greatest game I ever had). I just wait for it calmly, and when it is good enough in the eyes of ISI, then I really trust we will have a great game for years to come. And if not? well, tough luck, but do you really have to worry about that now and make yourself feel misserable (don't know if you are, but some people look like that to me :p )

18. Goat

Goat Registered

This just posted to facebook
    "When is the open beta/demo coming out?

The demo is not the open beta. A demo will come later and will be free to try. The open beta will be a full early purchase of the software.
    We project that we will be in Release Candidate stage around the Christmas Holiday. We think it may be too hectic for our testers and staff to try to push out a product at this time, so we are now likely to release the open beta early 2012."

So Go on to your families and have a great end of the year!!

Goat

19. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

This is a BETA release. It would be completely foolish to heavily market a BETA release. We'll market the initial release, which will come after the beta, but there is absolutely no rush. Everybody within the simracing community knows rFactor 2 exists.

In any case, there won't be a beta this week an the natives are getting a little rowdy in here, so I am closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.