Open Beta This Week?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DougSpinster, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

What planned release date? There's no indication that there is one. Here comes that cliche again, "it's done when it's done." Still plenty to do with rF1 in the meantime, for me at least, ymmv.

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

This!

Release dates from software companies mean absolutely nothing anyways! lol.

3. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

TBA 2011 means "To be announced" not "To be released"

So relax and wait...for announcement ;)

4. beatnik

beatnik Registered

The majority of posters here are not frustrated. Most of us are patient and understanding. It's those who want everything 'NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW OMG NOW WHY WE STILL WAITING?!?!?!?!?!?!' who actually believe others feel the same as they do. I'm in no rush ISI, take your time...but you don't need me to tell you that, you are a successful company on your own.

Thank you again for even providing us an outlet to discuss your wonderful products.

5. Tickford

Tickford Registered

spot on!
    I for one appreciate the chance to interact with the developers.

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

A dev has only posted a couple of times in this forum but we do get to interact with Tim which is nice.

We should all be glad that there are companies like ISI, simbin and Kunos who release racing sims for us. If it wasn't for them we'd have codies, EA and iR.

7. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Hahaha. Do not be naive. They do it for their self, not for us.
    I will not appreciate just fact that some one tries to do something. But I'm ready to be thankful if the job is done good. From this point of view, doesn't matter if it will be ISI, SBT, SMS, Kunos or Kaemer.

8. cluj

cluj Registered

Always negative .....

9. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Really negative?
    Just imagine, you go to shop to buy fresh milk. Do you believe that milk is produced just for you to make you more healthy?
    Do you expect some quality of milk or just doesn't care if it is expired? Were you still grateful in that case?

I believe we all looking for quality products any time and everywhere. If you don't believe me, just read 'which sim is the best' thread. Comparing products is just consequence of what I'm talking about.

10. SeKa

SeKa Registered

...and in this case truely

11. cluj

cluj Registered

I participated in that thread and I said to my NKP is the best simulator at the moment, what is not right is think that milk is bad before drinking.
    Yes, I'm a ISIĀ“s fanboy but I'm not stupid and if the game do not like when I try it will tell you, I do not see quite right is the environment that is being created with the ISI guys lately, do not think anyone wants make the game more than them, RF2 has been long awaited and that makes us impatient but certainly not going to be rude or disparaging the work of ISI.

P.S: Sorry for my bad English.

Greetings Tony.

12. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I completely agree with you at this point. but note, I'm not against ISI or their work. I just only commented CdnRacer's post. Just it.

13. Alexease

Alexease Registered

"Open Beta This Week?"

Yes, "this" week :):cool:

14. Manel Aguayo Jimenez

Manel Aguayo Jimenez Registered

This week? It's True?:eek:

15. Hepmi

Hepmi Registered

Really? :) This is best think in the this year :)

16. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

lol. Oh I'm not naive. I know these companies aren't in the business of philanthropy. My point is that the companies that I mentioned do make "Sims" not NFS etc. EA will never put out a full blown sim and neither will codies because they know it will not sell millions of copies.

17. gornes

gornes Registered

From facebook:
    "As we approach crunch time, please be sure to share the rFactor 2 page with those you feel may be interested. Thanks!"

Now this sounds very optimistic :)

18. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

CRUNCH TIME!!!!! Lets all gather around boys and girls for a group hug. :p

19. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho Registered

That is not true at all. When a company like EA says game XYZ will be released on a given date there is hell to pay if it is not. They prepare and schedule massive ad campaigns that cost immense amounts of money that is paid whether the ads run or not so they do their damnedest to make sure that it happens. That is one reason games sometimes get shipped with missing features and bugs and, with luck, are patched later. When this much money is involved you can be certain that the release date DOES mean a hell of a lot.

20. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Release of Beta

As much as it would be nice to have the release in the next two weeks, it might be more appropriate to wait until January. I am sure that we would all like to have someone available to deal with on-line purchase system load and other issues if they arise. So I would not expect anything to occur between Christmas and New Years! So if not early next week then January!:D But it would be nice to know rather than be left hanging!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.