Open Beta This Week?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DougSpinster, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

The week is over, so I will give you your answer now: NO :p

2. sg333

sg333 Registered

And what about the price in other currencies, or will we all pay USD?

3. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

If there would be more than 3 cars and more than 4 tracks in beta, then I hope there will be some oval stuff there.

4. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

The best oval stuff is done by TSF. Zippy and Coulter really do some awesome physics. Not to mention the best netcode I've ever seen. Unfortunately that will be another $50 but oh well. Another "oh well" is that TSF can't afford the NASCAR license. But ARCA is still cool enough.

5. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

You are right there about this week no beta, and since us mice were playing so hard while the cat was away, he put out some bait for us mice to chew on ;)

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

I have faith that if ISI put any effort into oval racing physics for RF2 it can be fantastic. We've seen an extensive off road course too, so it doesnt seem a stretch to think they are going broader than concentrating on just road course physics this time around.

7. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Agreed, BUT having said that, ISI (tim) also told us that not everything is going to be available in initial release, so I wouldn't get your hopes up to much yet, untill it is confirmed it will be in!!!

8. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I wouldn't count on it too much. I believe it has been said somewhere before, that rF2 will focus on tarmac racing. Of course I don't mean literally just tarmac, but solid surfaces in general.

It's not just the way tires behave on dirt. Think of how much different implementation of live track you would need for dirt?
    There's no rubber build up there, but the track itself changes dramatically fast comparing to tarmac, because it moves. Wet dirt is something completely different than wet tarmac and racing groove doesn't dry up the same way tarmac does.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

If it is a concern, don't take part. You will get a full 12 months if you buy after the open beta.

It starts when you activate during the beta period.

10. Mauro

Mauro Registered

tim, can we buy the open-beta with the Lifetime Membership?

11. Sean_S36

Sean_S36 Registered

this ^

12. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

this x2 ^

13. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

Today is my 30th birthday so hopefully ISI will push the launch button in the next few hours. ;)

14. Francesco H.

Francesco H. Registered

Happy Birthday and dream on ;)

15. Rogenator

Rogenator Registered

If this puppy has 1 good car and 1 good track, that feels better then the first rf then I will take part. And here is my cash lol.

Kidding of course. But to me being able to be in the beta is an honor and I will pay to be a part of it.

And by the end of 18 mos. This thing should be a gas.

Rogenator

16. Rogenator

Rogenator Registered

Mauro: they dont have a life membership yet, it has been discused, but I havent seen that it is in place.

Rogenator

17. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

Getting the beta and 18 months free online is a good deal as I see it. I can't see an open Beta going over 6 months. ;)

18. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Even if - we're playing it (including online) earlier than others. I don't see how that seems unfair to some people if beta lasts longer than 6 months and they're left with less than a year of online with full version (no matter how unlikely this scenario is).

It's and option. There's nothing unfair in giving people an option. If they see this option as a "risk" - no one is forcing them to take it and they can wait.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011
  19. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Some are just going to look for stuff to complain about. ISI will never be able to please everybody, including all of their hardcore fans and ISI knows that. They will just do what they think is right and move on. I'm not totally impressed with some of the stuff that is being released with the open beta but it is what it is. I just look at the current size of the rF online community after all these years and I know that rF2 will be a success for years to come after its release.

20. superbike81

superbike81 Registered

There is absolutely no way that the 18 month subscription will start when we begin playing the beta version. If it does, I'll eat my old rFactor game box and put it on YouTube. ISI is not THAT stupid to do something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.