Monaco Chicane

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 12, 2011.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I'm sure you'll replace that sandbag texture as a top priority.

Again, I'm not trying to sell anything to you with these screenshots. I could quite happily have not snapped any screenshots. Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I don't really mind what your expectations are.

Great. Look forward to it. Make sure you only take screenshots when the sun is low though, otherwise it'll be a step backwards for you.

1 person likes this.
  2. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

your programmers and artists must learn to work well.

3. 88mphTim

Please learn how to post well.

Don't continue to make personal attacks towards the work ethics of the staff. This is your second in the last few posts.

Your comparison between a setting or rising sun screengrab and it's mood, to one taken at noon (where all colors and mood is flattened) really does fail to impress me.

This is a screenshot of what things look like in the middle of the day. Any photographer knows that colors are bleached by the sun and there is a lot less 'mood' at this time of day. If you wanted a moody shot, you didn't get one. If you wanted a shot which shows anything this doesn't, it doesn't. Move on.

4. Domi

Domi Registered

Lighting/colours looks much more natural than in the previous screenshots for me, I like it :)

5. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

awesome, looks great, I'm feeling as excited as I was the first day I picked up GPL ;)
    can't wait :) :)

how many 1960's track will there be?

Simon

6. cammel

cammel Registered

Tim,

From what you wrote about the trackside objects,that different types of objects will react as expected.I am led to believe that the wall physics have changed.That a tirewall will now give in stead of just bouncing you off the same as a concrete wall?

7. Justin Schmidt

Justin Schmidt Registered

looks very nice. i looked at some photographs from almost the same angles as the first 2 screens and i have to say it is almost spot on.

8. 88mphTim

Haven't crashed enough at most tracks to know that actually, but what I recall is that tires feel softer than the walls... But I crashed at Monaco a LOT. Basically the hay bales move and you can crash through them, the wooden barrier breaks off, etc. At Spa there's a lot of roadside markers and you'll see them get knocked over then ran into by each car. Certain things like metal fences you can crash into and they move, but stuff like houses, (road) cars parked at the side are rock solid. There's definitely a difference, but I need to crash more at the non historic tracks to know more about them. So I'll get back to you...

9. 88mphTim

Three.

10. GeraArg

GeraArg Registered

Nice screens Tim! :)

The trees are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

11. cammel

cammel Registered

Thanks Tim.

The wooden barriers that break,have to be modeled that way ,correct?What I mean is each piece of the barrier will have to have it's own .gmt

12. 88mphTim

I don't build the tracks and don't have that knowledge. The wooden area on the right as you go into the chicane I've only pushed it away in one piece, but the Spa objects (if you meant those), they can all be knocked off and all have their own physical reaction to the track surface and the cars as they get knocked around. The first time you see either a big wreck in Eau Rouge or the start of a race where everyone is running out of space, it's actually pretty cool to see things flying everywhere. The bales of hay can get moved by one wreck and then are something those behind need to work to avoid because they're still collidable, as are those posts from Spa... You can certainly make yourself have a big crash by running over a small piece of debris.

13. Hutch-SCO

Hutch-SCO Registered

14. Alesi

Alesi Registered

hm.. in 2nd and 3 screen i have feelings (maybe it for shadows) that rear tires not on track - its hanging in air(((

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

Thanks Tim!

These screens REALLY do give a 1960's feel. So, well done whoever was responsible for that :)

16. Spacekid

Spacekid Registered

You should stop talking nonsense! Do it better my friend and show us your wonderful work! Where is your game that is looking so great??? You freakin me out!

17. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

Thanks for the screens, Tim. I'm up in the middle of the night to watch the Chinese round of ILMC so my eyes could deceive me, but there seems to be something about the screenshots that make them look 'grainy'. Love the overall atmosphere though.
    Does that include fire? :p

PS: The remark about the mood lighting really cracked me up.

18. O11

O11 Registered

What is everybody crying about the graphics? The biggest news to me is that the trackside objects have realistic weights. Maybe some of you can recall the super slow motion replays of Live for Speed. When you just brush against a tire stack and it just moves a little bit, you know you took that corner as sharp as was possible. To me that's one of the sexiest things I've ever seen in sim racing.

Maybe a small thing, but that's what immersion is to me. Not the textures on a sandbag that's hidden away behind a fence and you'll never ever look at closely while driving.

19. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

Great to hear that objects that you can hit have a different feel. I posted something about that in another area of the fourm, I think it's important for immersion factor.

Screens look great Time, the backward nose view really makes me wanna jump in the 67 mod and fly around Monaco now!

20. 88mphTim

You didn't, but make sure you be careful not to get too personal.