After update I can't downshift in GT3 cars.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by kgriffall, Feb 24, 2023.

Tags:
  1. redapg

redapg Registered

You don't have to open any encrypted mas File, because you can simply do it with the Upgrades.ini, which normally is in the not encrypted mas File of DLC Cars.
    If you want to try it by yourself, i can post the Code, that i use to completely deactivate the Gear Protection, here.
    As @davehenrie did write above already, i've made it for the S397 Caterham and Mini already.
    If you want to try it out, you can download these Update rfcmp from my "different Downloads Site".

Corti and Kickbox like this.
  2. Bernat

Bernat Registered

You're making such a big deal of a feature in the car. Is it so hard to drive the car the way it's meant to be driven?

You might as well launch Gran Turismo and JUST HAVE FUN if that's what's all about.

JEmilio likes this.
  3. redapg

redapg Registered

What is your Problem?
    Just ignore this, if you can't handle it.
    You don't have to tell us what we have to do.

4. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Registered

@redapg Do you know if there is a way I can install a update to a car and still have old version available for online play? Right now I have to install/uninstall the upgrade which is a bit tedious to do for all the GT3 cars every time.

5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude. You're on your right to do as you want. But I think it's this kind of attitude which will kill realism and variety in simracing. Plus these modifications aren't available online and people will complain again when they find out.

6. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Please tell us more about that. It can be helpful to modify some parts.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, no misunderstanding, I addressed exactly this above and the posts (and real life videos!) on the first page of this thread touched on this too.

The devs have stated that the cars, as licensed, require "zero" throttle to downshift. So when I'm driving them I take that as a driving requirement and adjust my approach to suit.

You can make a new version of the car that lets you shift how you want for your use (you can use it for league or public servers too, if they're set up with it), but please leave the official version how it's intended to be.

davehenrie likes this.
  8. redapg

redapg Registered

Why do you think that these Modifications can not be used online?
    And "this kind of Attitude will kill Realism and Variety"?
    Sorry, but no, it will not.
    It expands Variety, because you have more Options.
    You can see, it always depends on the point of View.

Kickbox likes this.
  9. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'll take your lead and say maybe this is a language thing. I would be insulted if you actually thought that's what I meant.

10. redapg

redapg Registered

Please open a private Conversation about it with me and tell me, what exactly you mean with "tell us more about it". :)

11. redapg

redapg Registered

Maybe it's indeed another Language Barrier Thing, but what i understood (summarized) is, that, when i remove the Gear Protection from a Car, that it drives like all Others.
    And that is Nonsense, sorry.

12. redapg

redapg Registered

No unfortunately there currently is no Way.
    But when you install Things manually, you can go an easier Way, to be able to use the original Content online.
    Simply move the Subfolder with the Update out of your rFactor 2 Installation and move it back, when you want to use it offline again.

EDIT When you have more of them, you also can use *.bat Files to move them, which will be faster.

nolive721 and Martin Vindis like this.
  13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Of course it's nonsense, and I just said that's not what I meant.

I think we both understand this now.

14. redapg

redapg Registered

Suggestion: next Time write what you mean, that also i can understand it.

15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Now boys, don't make me come back there! You both are well respected contributors here. I am sure neither of you have any intent of insulting the other.

16. redapg

redapg Registered

At least not intentionally.
    But what makes me being mad sometimes, is the Fact that there are always People, that seem to think, that their Opinion is the only counting one.
    They have to learn that other People have other Opinions.

Kickbox likes this.
  17. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm considering exclusive use of hieroglyphs.

Seven Smiles likes this.
  18. Kickbox

Kickbox Registered

Please, let's find a solution.
    I only use rF2 for offline driving and just for fun.
    That alone makes me sad, because that great simulation can be a big player in online races.
    Why is that ACC? With crazy unrealistic setups. I don't know.
    But the old love don't want to die for me and i am from rf1-times and started with rFactor2 0.66 (? maybe) my LFS-Account started 2003 and my first Simulation was Test Drive 1 at C64.
    So, please. Lets find the solution to make the cars more tasty.
    Let's just keep this great software alive and make it last by never giving up driving it. It's just a small annoyance and it's quickly fixed and if the community can do it on their own with a change in a file, all the better.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You can absolutely change the shift protection (ie disable it, or parts of it) using an upgrade, and use that car offline or even on servers if a group of people want to to do it. This, as far as I can see, was never disputed, nor is anyone stopping anyone else from doing it. Modifying cars with upgrades has long been a thing, and DLC was modified for personal use this way nearly from the day it was released.

I don't see a reason to change the official car (I mean, changed by S397, the official version, made to behave differently, not people modifying it for their own use), if it's - as stated - done to reflect the information the devs got to make it. That's my opinion, and only my opinion. I'm not telling anyone else what to think, just to be clear. These are two different issues topics, so let's not muddle them together.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    Kickbox likes this.
  20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

These GT3 cars are no FUN to drive with the current tire. I want the rFPro tire. These GT3 cars are no fun with only a regulated amount of HP, I want more HP, More than the Super Trofeo levels. These GT3 cars are claustrophobic. I want open cockpit GT3s. Why isn't the car shifting itself? Do I have to do ALL the work? I wanted to pass another car but it was faster...why doesn't the other cars slow down when I'm driving?
    sigh.....

JEmilio likes this.