[REL] TinyPedal - open source overlay APP for rF2 (Radar,Pedal,FFB,Deltabest,Relative,Fuel calculator)

Discussion in 'Other' started by svictor, Mar 14, 2022.

Tags:
  1. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Don't you have an option to set the number of cars showing?

--- EDIT --

Try negative values, maybe it does the trick.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    Jonathan07 likes this.
  2. Jonathan07

Jonathan07 Registered

Not for the widget standing. Juste for widget relative.
    In Practice no worries but in Race is very important to have the driver's gap in front and behind you.[​IMG]
    Just exemple:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    DanRZ and ebeninca like this.
  3. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Hello, just noticed a little bug, when you change the font, the alignment is wrong.
    With "consolas" (Default) font, Driver name is left aligned.
    With "Montserrat" font, or almost all others, driver looks "centered" ...

[​IMG]

Any chances to have a selector for alignment of driver name ? Left/Right/Centered ?
    It would be great ...

PS : TinyPedal works definitely very well on LMU. Love it.

Attached Files:

4. svictor

svictor Registered

If I'm not mistaken, "Montserrat" is a none-mono type. You should always use mono type or miss alignment could happen. The reason they are appeared to be centered is because all characters are limited in width by using "space padding", this is done to have uniformed crop and edge text padding per column (it's hard explain thing behind, but this is the way that works best and keep things simple & efficient to draw on screen). So if it is a none-mono type used, all characters & "space padding" will be different in length and causing miss alignment (it also happens to other widget), think it as a console terminal. So it is not really a bug, but a design choice for mono-type fonts (as user guide also mentioned that mono type is prefered).

I understand, the driver gap is already there in the v2.80 update as I mentioned in notes.

It is the "time interval" reading from each driver in RACE. However, you do need to look at the correct reading.

For example, if you want to know "driver's gap in front of you", you are looking at the "interval" reading from your name on the standings list, the interval value is the gap from you to the driver ahead of you (that's how the time interval works).
    And if you want to know "driver's gap behind you", you are looking at the "interval" reading from the driver name(row) just below you, which it shows the gap from the driver behind you to your position. Better explained with an image:

[​IMG]

As for a new smaller standalone widget, maybe it will be added in next update, but not any time soon, as I have been busy working on other modding stuff.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
    Jonathan07 and DanRZ like this.
  5. DanRZ

DanRZ Registered

Thanks for the response, i will search for another font in mono type.

svictor likes this.
  6. Jonathan07

Jonathan07 Registered

Thank you for your reply.
    I understood your work on the standings. But I can only use it once. My standing being on a second monitor I cannot use it on my main monitor as a new widget.

svictor likes this.
  7. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

@svictor
    I was thinking about one feature that you could implement ...

When you're on track rf2 hides the mouse pointer, it's only visible when you're on editor mode (lock overlay unchecked) and exactly on top of a widget, making more difficult to adjust the widgets position.

My suggestion is, when in editor mode, you could draw a grid with transparent background on top of the entire screen, so the pointer would not be hidden, making easier to position the widgets.

[​IMG]

svictor and Jonathan07 like this.
  8. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Have you tried the Del key? It hides/shows the mouse pointer by default. If it doesn't work on track, I'm sure it still works in replays.

svictor and ebeninca like this.
  9. ebeninca

ebeninca Registered

Del key is mapped to camera change by default, but yeah, is possible to map the toggle mouse button.

10. svictor

svictor Registered

Thanks for your suggestion. It was already considered earlier when the "grid move" feature was first implemented by @Bernat , but it's currently not possible to program a background due to a few reasons:

All widgets in TinyPedal are individual top-level windows that set "always on top" flag. That means suggested grids background cannot be placed within each widget.

And due to that, in order to add grids background, it also has to be created as a separated background window, and somehow placing it below all widgets but above everything else, this can only be effectively done by setting "always on top" flag on this background window. This means this grids background will block all user inputs from interacting with other programs and windows taskbar. And TinyPedal's main config window will also be blocked from accessing since it has not "always on top" flag (this was also done due to various reasons..). Besides it, there are also issues such as window Z-order fighting, which when you click on the background window, it will be getting focus and being placed above all widgets, and require to re-arrange Z-order, this may not be able to done easily or may have issue with cross platform.

Those are also the reasons that another similar requested feature (grouping widgets) also currently not possible to program.

Nevertheless, as Bernat mentioned that "Toggle Cursor" hotkey can be assigned in both RF2 & LMU to show/hide cursor.

For anyone not aware of this feature, you can set it here:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

ebeninca, datasting and DanRZ like this.
  11. francescodg

francescodg Registered

good evening, is it possible to insert the pit stop request into the flag function?

Attached Files:

12. francescodg

francescodg Registered

and this

Attached Files:

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks so much for the marvelous tool!

I have a question: how do I go about updating TinyPedal to the latest version without losing my presets, trackmaps, etc.?

14. francescodg

francescodg Registered

download the folder, extract it from the zip file, and copy it into the tinypedal folder that you already have on your PC

hexagramme likes this.
  15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Easy! Thanks so much. Very cool with the added damage indicator, can't wait to try it out.

16. svictor

svictor Registered

hi, thanks for the suggestions, all noted and I'll see what I can do.

17. doublebidule

doublebidule Registered

Hi
    as soon as you have time to devote to tiny again it would be nice if we could have the info in the damage overlay when we lose the AV/AR spoiler
    thx

18. svictor

svictor Registered

Hi, unfortunately API only provides one single "mDetached" value to determine whether any parts is lost. So it will only tell you if you have any parts detached, but not which one that is detached (many things can be detached, such as wings, suspension, diveplanes, loose body parts, etc). So it's not really helpful and may causing confusion. So it's the reason I did not include this mDetached in damage display. That's just one limitation of the API.
    (note, wheels has their own mDetached value which is already used in v2.80 to show detached wheels)

19. francescodg

francescodg Registered

Is it possible to add the always visible fast lap to the standing?

20. doublebidule

doublebidule Registered

Hi
    it seems that the damage overlay for LMU does not work perfectly it does not always detect light damage for RF it is fine