Sky and Cloud mods

Discussion in 'Modding' started by CeeBee, May 27, 2023.

1. As I am not very familiar with 3d editing may I ask two questions:

a) is it possible to have this inserted to tracks by doing an update package (e.g. like a league skin package)?
    b) is there any (video) tutorial around for Place the textured dome on the circuit with a 3D editor.?

2. Brutten

Brutten Registered

My answers:

(a) I only work with my own content and have never updated third party content. At this point I think the problem may lie in the fact that it is an object that must be included in the SCN file.

b) As a quick approach (without having to edit in 3D) you can try putting the attachments I provided as an example in their respective folders and edit the SCN file to include the instance.
    If you have to edit the GMT you can do it easily with 3dsimed. (There are many tutorials on the web)

3. haunetal1990

haunetal1990 Registered

I know it's an old tread, but I think the files for the Sky are in:
    ModDev: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\ModDev\Shared
    Game: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Core\Shared
    You can find the files in the sky.mas. Maybe you can change the gmt and hope it works for all the tracks?

4. Brutten

Brutten Registered

I don't think it is applicable for several reasons.

The most important reason is that the .MAS file is encrypted and its content cannot be seen.

In the case of being able to change it, it could generate a mismatch when running online.

The above is only valid for own content, or free content with unencrypted files, not for content in general.

5. pixsim

pixsim Registered

@Brutten : I like your idea,
    I try to implement in my futur release.

[​IMG]
    I don't understand why the sky in RF2 is not a priority. it represents 30-40 % what we see on the screen

CeeBee, Corti, Matt21 and 1 other person like this.
  6. Brutten

Brutten Registered

Unfortunately there are several issues that are not a priority for S397 and that we have been waiting years for them.
    Sky, shadows, transparencies...
    We will continue to wait.

Corti likes this.