Wrong car icon in timing page Stockcars 2018x

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Alexandr Meshkov, Dec 26, 2023.

1. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

I want to report problem with Stockcars car icons. I don't think it is car related but game code problem instead. There are default Stockcars 2018x cars that had wrong icons in event timing page while have correct icons in car select menu. For example, car number 17 shows icon from car 117, car 88 had icon from car 188, car 2 had icon from car 3, car 5 from 35, car 9 from 63, car 8 from 00, car 6 from 16.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Almost two years ago I think I reported same problem.

2. redapg

redapg Registered

@Alexandr Meshkov In the other Thread you write:
    It happens when I have multiple .veh files with only difference in DefaultLivery and Description parameters.

It is happening with StockCar2018, I made skin pack and some drivers in my league have multiple skins where I must to put multiple .veh files with same driver name, number, team name.

Is this again the Case now?
    Like @Highlandwalker has written there already, if it's the Case, you have a Problem with File Names (and Entries too maybe).
    If you have Files with the same File Name and different Content, rFactor 2 (not only) can not handle it properly, even if these Files are in different mas Files.
    If you already use different Descriptions/Entries in the *veh Files, use unique File Names for the *.veh and Texture/Icon Files too.
    That should solve the Problem.

3. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Now I report problem with Studio-397 original cars on their competition system. It is not about custom skin pack. It is cars from Studio-397 workshop. Just found this similar in some extension to my old problem.

All filenames are different and unique. I feel that rfactor2 just don't read those filenames properly for timing screen.

4. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Whether it's skin packs or S397 originals cars it's still a file naming problem, if your having problems with original content you can only tell them about it and hope it gets sorted. You can edit the teams mas file for the car but the problem with that it will go through the packaging part of starting rF2 every time you start the game. I've have done it with the Vanwall, it's only one car so I put up with extra loading time for the game.
    If your doing your own skins or packs I suggest naming similar to this:
    TeamNameNumber-Drivername
    eg, JPSLotus7-Nigel
    I name my files this way and have had no problems with the incorrect icons. Another advantage of this naming method is it makes it easier to find an individual skin when you unpack a mas file.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2023
  5. Brent

Brent Registered

I ran into this issue before. You need to keep the vehicle names the exact same char length/format. The engine will likely confuse the icons for Vehicle_17.veh and Vehicle_177.veh. It's like it doesn't understand the difference in character length and will apply the Vehicle_17 image for Vehicle_177. In my case I had JoeJohnson_05.veh, JoeJohnson_05a.veh, and JoeJohnson_05b.veh. I needed to make them _05a, _05b, _05c for the icons to show properly.

Try something like Vehicle_017.veh and Vehicle_117.veh will keep the icons from being confused.