Wrong car icon in timing page

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Alexandr Meshkov, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Registered

Hello. After loading track I have wrong car icons for my car in timing menu in multiplayer and single player. Car icon in setup menu looks right. It happens when I have multiple .veh files with only difference in DefaultLivery and Description parameters.

It is happening with StockCar2018, I made skin pack and some drivers in my league have multiple skins where I must to put multiple .veh files with same driver name, number, team name.

Here what I choosing in car select menu
    20220111095937_1.jpg

What I getting in timing
    20220111100006_1.jpg

In same time on setup page
    20220111100015_1.jpg
    What in my teams folder
    TeamsFolder.PNG

Skinpack https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2704729086
    If you need any files I can upload them

Before I add F_N22_77sgu car it was F_N22_77sub icon every time when I enter track with F_N22_77.

2. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I had the same problem with a couple of my skins. It's a naming problem, it's a clash of two similar skins. Try renaming your skins so that they are totally unique to each skin so that there is no similarity between skins. My usual naming method Team Name car number and driver name eg. Phoenix77-Max. Also check the info in the veh file is correct. Looking your files they look quite similarly named. Also try to avoid using the underscore symbol which can cause problems sometimes. Hope this is helpful.

DJCruicky and Alexandr Meshkov like this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

For years the Underscore symbol was used to PREVENT issues. Good 'ol rF2!!!