ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

I have the f1 1991 mod working even after the update, but I've been wondering how heavy the mod is. with rtx 4090 graphics card, 20 cars, the frame rate drops to 34 fps on replay to studio 397 on the track with other mods
    the screen update is more than 100 fps in a similar situation

2. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

The same mod on AC has no frame drop.
    AC supports 350K mods, rF2 65K
    Maybe you should ask yourself whether in 2023 the rF2 engine is heavy and poorly optimised and not the mods. By now the quality standards have gone up.
    We also make the engine internals and details that the original mods most likely don't use. But to be honest even the original quality mods go down to 30fps in replay.
    There are some team modders who have ruled out modding rF2 in principle for this very reason.
    Doing lod is also pretty pointless.
    Maybe it's time to update rF2's graphics engine.

3. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

I do agree that the rF2 engine needs an update but the rest is just nonsense. Especially when we're talking about open-wheel cars with no massive detailed cockipts.

LODs are recommended for AC cars as well.

4. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

It may be nonsense as you say, but the engine is so outdated that I get 29 fps in replays even with an original mod.
    So?
    Lod or no lod, there are graphics engines of one kind and graphics engines of another kind. If you want I'll delete the whole engine and put a nice black cap on it, I'll do lod. Experimented before and it changes little to get only 5 fps.
    An open wheel doesn't mean it has less detail than an covered wheel. You have to see in the final complex which car weighs more.
    Even the original tracks are heavy. There are other well-made tracks that weigh less. The problem here is the graphics engine. Those who don't see it or don't admit it are blind.

5. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

Personally I don't mind having the same quality of your mods in workshop.

Me and my community gave up using ASR cars for online events because of the 0 support of the mods. if you want to report any issue you found, after you leave any comment the whole comments section will be closed by the item author and feedback wouldn't be taken into account.

Considering that the cars are not getting any updates and the way you guys working with the feedback I'm not expecting any good quality content from you anytime soon. Which is a big shame since the 3d are on very promising level, and with the right approach it could be an awesome mods.

Like Ferrari F399 that I tried some time ago and I saw some bugs there, I tried to report it but the comments were just closed. And the car wasn't updated at all since the release day 31st January 2021 even with the fact that rF2 graphics and sounds engines were updated since then.

And then seeing such comments like "we made the detailed engine bay it's not our problem that rF2 cannot handle it" for me it's just a poor knowledge in game design best practices and lacking social skills. I don't know any game that's not using the LODs and other techniques like hiding certain parts while they're not in sight of player to save player's PC resources. Even the modern titles using the most advanced graphics engines.

So for me the main question is do you really hate the rF2 engine and that's the only thing stopping you from updating your content on regular basis OR you just hate to see other's people feedback and questioning the quality of your mods.

Schumi, atomed and Rui Santos like this.
  6. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

However, by working on the graphical details you can achieve over 60fps all the time, even in replay view. My resolution is 3440x1440

7. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

I have always updated my cars.
    Even 1000 times after rF2 updates/changes. Recently we updated the 1991 mod and I am working on 1992.
    But do you think it is so easy to manage 2 sims and so many cars?
    We have always given support to our users. If you expect updates at the speed of light, maybe you don't understand how things work and don't realize how much work there is to do.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  8. Nick9320

Nick9320 Registered

Zero respect - that's something to happen when someone puts a comment on workshop item?

Just want to know why are you closing the comments when someone put a comment like "hey I like this car, also I found some issues there and there". There's no expectation of instant response, there's expectation for at least some response.

When you ignoring the feedback and putting the comments section down for players that's what called zero respect.

atomed and Rui Santos like this.
  9. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

I don't hate the rF2 engine. I don't hate anything, I simply believe it has had its day. Pushing it only served to weigh it down even more without visually distorting it. These are my thoughts.

10. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

The comments in the workshop I took out because it is all concentrated in discord support.
    Otherwise having comments around just wastes time.

11. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

I am a user and have never had any problems with ASR feedback. Just look for the right channel.

12. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

I respect all modders because all the additional content is needed to expand the game and the asr mods are of high quality, thanks for them. Replays are heavy in all mods even though the cpu usage is zero, I don't know why for example acc remakes work well. apparently the game engines are so different. Thanks to all modders for a great job

13. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

I thank Caio Fonseca and mjo1704 for understanding. What I can say is that I do my best to make my work good.
    But you also have to understand what is behind our lives and you also have to understand that this, although in some ways it is like a job, is still a hobby that does not bring a salary to live on.

14. Petethepawn

Petethepawn Registered

I heard that ASR are considering stopping RF2 mods - personally that would be a big shame as AC just doesn’t do it for me. An old RF2 graphical engine with its physics are so much better than AC in my opinion. Maybe AC2 but we no next to nothing about it, Rennsport is limited to GT3 ss far as I know so that’s not the answer either.

Rui Santos likes this.
  15. Flipo

Flipo Registered

Thanks for your Mods, they are very good, I realized that the car: Ligier JS35B 1991 v1.2 LE, when you are with the cockpit view, the nose is not visible, however with the rest of the cameras it is fine, it would be fine update it.
    thank you.

16. AKR

AKR Registered

I believe they are Italian so they have a short fuse and spit out their bile quickly, but luckily this doesn’t usually last all that long. Hope they do not stop, their mods for rf2 are amazing !

17. elgagon

elgagon Registered

Your girlfriend left you for an Italian, right?

AKR likes this.
  18. Corti

Corti Registered

New update for F1 1991 session v1.3LE:
    ChangeLog Version 1.3 LE
    - New Sound (Json files)
    Previous versions:
    ChangeLog Version 1.2LE
    - Fix Tyres and Refuel (by Nicola Acciarri)
    ChangeLog Version 1.1LE
    - New Physics LE version by Nicola Acciarri
    - New Physics HE version by Nicola Acciarri

https://www.asrformula.com/simulator/rfactor2/asr-owc-1991/

tjc, Hazi, buzz hornet and 7 others like this.
  19. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Hi,
    I just want to thank you for all the great work you've done with all these updates.

20. atlantakat

atlantakat Registered

I see that the ASR 1991 F1 cars I subscribed to via the workshop over time were all updated to 1.3 on January 21st.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024