Released rFactor 2 Q4 Release Candidate - New Online Experience

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Alex Sawczuk, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Apologies for not making this thread earlier, last month we released the new release candidate showing of the new online experience to rFactor 2. Find out more in the below article.

https://www.studio-397.com/2023/10/...erience-for-rfactor-2-powered-by-racecontrol/

Additionally we just updated the release candidate with a series of fixes as detailed here:
    • Fixed track limits not scoring when returning illegal passes and improved robustness around monitoring illegal passes
    • Added half a second grace when a penalty just becomes valid as we are about to score a violation
    • Fix for track limits issues when a starting grid spot is inside the pit entry line
    • Tweaked default parameters, to be harsher on distance and time spent off track.
    • Retry attempts and better logging when failed to connect to a server
    • Fixes regards to stabilize horizon and disabling feature on swingman.
    Client Build ID: 12600609
    Dedi Build ID: 12600615

Chris_h, Rogger, MikeV710 and 16 others like this.
  2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

Alex Sawczuk@
    When I changed from none to the beta candidate release I had to restart the process up to 8 times, and when I went back to none the same thing happened to me, even restarting Steam cost me a lot, my criticism is constructive, in case it can be verified the process, greetings

3. SuperMelon

SuperMelon Registered

At least - I see such post on this forum :) Thank you - new online experience is A BIG DEAL, to be honest!
    I like the way it is designed - simple, straightforward and efficient. Provides a wonderful racing experience almost every time I use it (for last few weeks now). I finally got the Gold SR today :)
    This new features are indeed great work - beta finally have made me switch to rFactor - both VR and online experience is completely different from what I remember rFactor was before. Congratulations.

Sean_S36, Juan Cofiño, Lars and 2 others like this.
  4. elgagon

elgagon Registered

Hi @Alex Sawczuk
    Thanks for this new online system.
    Is it possible to download the replay of the races?

5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

The replay of the races is in your hard disk, under Watch & Community.

6. elgagon

elgagon Registered

I have the replays disabled to gain performance

7. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Very Glad you finally posted this in the forums!

I absoloutely love the new Race Control system! This is the biggest online party in RF2 history!!! Massive Success!!!

Its fantastic! Packed, ranked servers every day and night (believe me, when I could'nt sleep due to flu keeping me up because sodding horrible winter is here, I switched on the PC at 5:30 AM to see if there was anyone one online in RF2, yep! An alsmost full server bar 1 player!).

Takes me back to the days of the orginal ISI Rfactor when there was just the multiplayer demo before it came out, with one car and track, that server was rammed full everyday! Anyone remember that?
    Now we've got loads of rammed servers, theres like 10 splits per race or something like that, loads of cars, tracks, and its ranked and rated so the racing is great! I've been wanting this for RF2 for ages!

Im still I'll with tootache and general winter induced stuff (cause winter sucks, all its good for is keeping the PC cool, oh and Tori Amos did write a lovely song about it... But it still sucks wasps bums and can feck right off!) but I don't care, im gunna get online today and spend the afternoon racing on the system and get my ranking up. I'll be livestreaming it on my Youtube channel aswell so all me mates who don't have RF2 yet can get an idea of how good it now is! Hopefully see some of you on track if we end up in the same split!

"Split" Can't even believe im using that word for an RF2 race, is great!

Sean_S36, doddynco, Rogger and 4 others like this.
  8. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Any estimate on when the RC will be fully released (none beta)?

Juan Cofiño likes this.
  9. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

What a afternoon and night I had yesterday! Was only gunna go on for a few hours, ended up on the Race Control servers for 6.5 hours! Raced Radicals, Tatuus, BMW M2's & GTE's!
    Got into my first special event which was an 80 minutes race in Bahrain with two pit stops. Two stints on medium tires, last stint on softs, 33 player grid. It was my last race of the night and the feeling I got when it ended and I got my results and found I'd achieved my Silver saftey rank was just great! First time ive done an 80min race in RF2 for a very VERY long time, and never with such a packed grid, and on good quality premium content! Fantastic!

The racing was just epic all night, really good racing now everyones following racing rules and racing for rank. I could stay on these servers all day long, its just quality. Exellent pings and netcode all the way through aswell!

Bravo S397, this, This is were its at for online racing now, long may it continue!

https://www.youtube.com/live/hdAt5DNOuic?si=59-BaH0ah9kakUay

10. Comante

Comante Registered

Wow, that is great! I achieved my silver SR just yesterday too, but 80 min events are a bit too indimidating to me, need to make practice with those cars before trying to qualify, and keeping head down all that time is hard for me.

atomed likes this.
  11. trollray

trollray Registered

Hi studio 397
    Congrats for this. I was surprised that still no thread about it.
    This is a major step and give me the opportunity to test and race online.
    I was not addict of it before that, now,... well,... My wife don't like it lollll ;)

Cheers

atomed likes this.
  12. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Is there somewhere I can find a schedule, beside having to log into rF2. I hate logging in only to find out I have to wait 1 1/2 hours for a Tatuus or Radical race.

13. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Generally speaking, on discord in the Announcement channel and twitter or whatever it’s called now are the best places to find that stuff….eg weekly schedule for week starting Nov7 => https://twitter.com/rFactor2/status/1721562927390499089

14. Tritz stephan

Tritz stephan Registered

Hello , my account is banned or suspended and i dont understand why??
    help me please..

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Get on the rF2 discord and ask in the online chat channel or open a ticket in online support.

Based on previous similar questions, it'll be an on track incident or bad language in chat. It's not automated so an admin has reviewed a reported incident or chat and hit the ban button.

It's supposed to email you details but I think that's not working properly yet. Check your spam folder anyway just in case.

16. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

There is a shedule page in the game. Click on DAILY RACES and at the bottom in white text on orange background you'll see the button VIEW SCHEDULE, click that and it tells you all the times!

17. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

Thanks, I need to find out the times before I log in. I don't have time to practice for two hours waiting. I'd like to log in and practice for 10- 20 minutes, then go to the race and it's practice, qualifying and race.

18. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

No probs! Not quite sure what you mean by log on? All you need to do is fire up the game, hit online, check shedule, and you can then check times, takes about 45 seconds, check times and come back to PC 10 20 mins before race (if you wanna practice) switch on, boot up RF2 and you're sorted.

19. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Trust me its well worth it, the feeling you get after competing in a long race is great! Mind you, the 16 minute begineer sprint races are damn good fun. Im hooked on the system, its the qaulity of the racing that its got. Looks amazing on trackside replays, so close! And full servers day and night!

Sean_S36, Bostrom and doddynco like this.
  20. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Just had my first ever intermediate race: 30mins Spa in Indycar IR18... Absoloutely fecking phenominal! I freaking love this system, the racings just awsome!!!

And got my best ever finish and result! 4th, from 14th on the grid, and on RF2 premium content, I am in bloody heavan! Racing on premium content with premium cars, full 22 driver grids! Its great!

Thanks for a great evening S397, Bravo! Right, im off to celebrate with a beer!

Sean_S36, Bostrom, Lars Otto and 4 others like this.