SOLVED Substance Designer - create PBR Texture

Discussion in 'Modding' started by haunetal1990, Sep 19, 2023.

1. haunetal1990

haunetal1990 Registered

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2023
  2. Felix Schendel

Felix Schendel Registered

I have never used the "Base Material" Node. So maybe there are some options to adjust the output to get a Normal map or to identify what parts should be used for which for the metal roughnes.

I use the bake function of Substance to get a normal map. The same goes for the roughness and metal parts but thats more a playing around with different nodes and specular outoput of the bake function to combine parts which should be more metal or more rough. So my way is more a ground up build for textures.

Sorry it's no real help for your problem but maybe a way to do it the other way round.

You could also try to implement the way @svictor described in his tutorial https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/wip-scripts-for-preparing-pbr-texture.71636/

3. haunetal1990

haunetal1990 Registered

hm, thanks for the answer, but hope there's direct help for Substance Designer, cause it's easier, btw I hope.
    I checked the script and used a studio397 textur and the output isn't like the original one.. hm

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I don't think it's possible to go from a single albedo texture to a full pbr material. Normal should be purple, MR can be red, or green, or a mixture of both, it only uses the red and green channel.

5. haunetal1990

haunetal1990 Registered

Have you got maybe a tutorial for the Substance Designer Plugin from your Team?

gagipro likes this.