Make Historic F3's Great Again!

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Tucker Fleming, Dec 2, 2017.

1. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

@ NOT_AI.EXE
    If you read this and are wondering what happened just before race start, read post #1579,

2. jjcook

jjcook Registered

we got it all i think

3. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Great racing last week. Awesome battle with cookie. Near perfect track for the trusty F3's.
    This week we are at HighlandsMSP and it is Drathuu's version. (1.13)

4. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Another great combo that produced another fun race. Nice little battle with Ben (to see who could make the least mistakes it would seem) and there were a few good fights behind us.
    A double change this week guys. Off to the newly updated Mills Metropark Innerloop C in the Datsuns by DazzerX. You will need both the 510 mods. Not the A110
    https://steamcommunity.com/workshop...lishedfileid=0&browsesort=textsearch&section=

5. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Server is up. Forgot how much fun these are when you're close racing.
    I'll be back on for some laps in an hour and a half or so.

6. Jubes

Jubes Registered

These Datsuns are so much fun to drive!
    And I was surprised that I had never driven Mills Metro too - great track. I did get a few disconnections though, not sure if the problem was at my end or not..?
    Do you guys have a website, or discord?

7. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

We use Teamspeak (address is in my sig). Not sure about the disconnects. I've had one here but also on other servers lately.

8. Jubes

Jubes Registered

Sorry for being a bit thick, but how does teamspeak work? There isn't a link or anything...
    Do you do a championship - or just individual races?

9. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Just download the TS3 Client version here: https://www.teamspeak.com/en/downloads/. Once installed go to Tools/Options for setting mic and speakers. After that go to connections and select Connect. Type in this address: 172.245.177.71 and use EVE as the password. You should be good to go.

10. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

And we just have fun races every week, no comp.

11. Jubes

Jubes Registered

OK, so teamspeak is an audio chat service?
    Have you ever thought of doing a championship? Maybe you'd get people committing to every week (I'm sure you do anyway!).
    I always think you choose really interesting tracks....

12. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Yes to TS.
    No to championships. It's always been a pickup server that's open to all levels of experience. We like to keep it all fun, no pressure and all that.

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Until the flag drops :D

nonamenow likes this.
  14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Despite the low numbers this week, we are going to give the little Datto another run. They are really great close racing cars and therefore a heap of fun. Off to NolaMP this week.

15. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Yeah, we do championships... lol! We're still doing the series I started about 10 years ago...
    Seriously, we don't do championships anymore, but maybe we could.
    If I arrange the track/car content, would you like to take care of the 'points'?
    See ya on the track!

Bryan

16. BryanBirtwell

BryanBirtwell Registered

Just to confirm what ttb57 says about this server: "No to championships. It's always been a pickup server that's open to all levels of experience. We like to keep it all fun, no pressure and all that.":

When I started this server, about two days after rF2 became available. I decided to have a server where someone, who just bought the game 5 minutes ago, could without any of the content, join the server. Back when iSi owned the show, this was the first server where the "Get Mod" stuff actually worked. Thanks to Dave at NRT servers. I actually believe it's, at least, partially, do to have access to the desktop of the server as apposed to running the server through a "console".

So, the rules are;
    Content must be available from the "Workshop" , No wings!, and, It has to be a fun combo to run.
    Now, that being said, I believe we ran a race or two where you needed DLC content. And, I do like the 917's : )
    We're also 'open' to suggestions.
    As far as low numbers; part of that is because, time changes... I live in Arizona, USA. We don't change our clocks twice a year. So.. In another few weeks, practice will still start at 3pm. In most of the Northern Hemisphere, You will be starting an hour earlier than you do now and the Southern Hemisphere, you'll be starting an hour later. I'm confused... lol

See ya on the track!

Bryan

17. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

The problem with a lot of championships is, you get 25 signups and by week 4 you end up with 6 on the grid. Keeping all the points etc up to date is easy. r2la does all that.

18. Jubes

Jubes Registered

Yeah, I get what you're all saying about championships. Sometimes people can get a bit TOO serious, and then the fun stops.
    I love your car/track choices, and I think it's great just to be able to jump in...

19. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Sorry guys, our servers are inaccessible atm. Unable to log on to investigate which isn't good. Have to wait for the owner.

20. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Looks like they're fixed.