Q2 2023 Early Update and DLC Released

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by John Ratcliff, Apr 13, 2023.

1. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Yeah I've had it do some odd things like that.
    Out of habit now, I leave it on the Steam page to update.
    Then when its finished, run a validate local files.
    Then run it again.

Then it's fine.

pkelly likes this.
  2. pkelly

pkelly Registered

X2 - Let it update via Steam...not in background...no problemo:)

3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

That Gen3 formula AC/DC looks really awesome. I bet it is super fun to drive, being so small it will be very nimble and alive I bet. Don't have much knowlegde about it though.

Also I wonder how kool it is now to race multiclass in Le Grand Circuit now, as well as in modern official Lemans and other racetracks where slip streaming is significant.

4. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

As allready hinted by other users, Steam is having issues currently. When the cloud syncing doesn't work perfectly I sometimes have over 300 updates pending. If you ever experience something like that , leave the game and restart Steam. Those are things that can't be solved by S397 though. :(

atomed likes this.
  5. Binny

Binny Guest

Not into elec or hybrid!
    But i wonder if there is even a sim that could simulate a hybrid realistically, 1 would think there would be so many variables like simulating overheating of batteries and things like that ect...

6. Booth_doberman

Booth_doberman Registered

I got some time in the FormulaE Gen3 tonight. I've been driving the FEs since they came out. It's an entirely new experience from the previous generations. Even at standard race power, it is so easy to put one of these in the wall with the factory default setup. From the looks of things, you can't set Regen level any more. There's an indicator for it on the dash, but the previous key mappings don't change it. The design description doesn't mention changing regen levels at all. I also wonder if changing brake balance is of any value any more. It's going to take me some time to get used to these cars.

Mydriaz likes this.
  7. Levelup1

Levelup1 Registered

Update I have been waiting on, A.I. improvements! I can finally add all the rest of the content I've been missing :)

8. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

And indeed every since they came out the first year it has always been full of servers with F.E, right? Don't make me laugh ... it's the typical flash in the pan that exists when something 'official' is organized but other than that no one else organizes anything about it, and there must be a reason ...

9. atomed

atomed Member

New and extremely slippery, as it seems it has to be looking at real life footage. Plus I think that loosing grip in acceleration may lead to a lot of energy consumption, because in these laps I had traction issues the energy counter was very high.

10. Diego Barjollo

Diego Barjollo Registered

Bring back the Delta Bar time, please :) (also FFB bar would be appreciated)

11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

People drive and like them, fact.

12. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

yes slippery indeed not easy to calculate braking points and very challenging to drive and stay on the line

atomed likes this.
  13. atomed

atomed Member

Also with the regen meter you can see how each braking style interests you depending on the turn, sometimes hard braking, others longer trail braking.

14. darkojovanoski1986

darkojovanoski1986 Registered

I don't know why but with every update game is more and more graphically demanding. Running around 23 AI cars and fps get big hit. I am not having latest tech in my pc but also users with new cpu/gpu struggle in some scenarios. Optimising the game is a must in near future or everything will become huge mess very soon.

15. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

This afternoon we became aware of an issue with crashing after driver swaps with the driver who is relinquishing control. As a result we are pushing a hotfix live now. Both client and server have been updated, but only the client needs to be updated to prevent the crash.

rF2 Build ID: 11006088
    Dedicated Build ID: 11006100

16. Mauro

Mauro Registered

all new huds are very bad with historical cars. too big.
    they cover too much cockpit and steering wheel

I have to find some minimal alternative

Love Guitars n Cars and Emery like this.
  17. Brent

Brent Registered

Please add the build update in the announcement post on discord along with the web page link. When I see that on discord, it's a trigger there was a build update and to make sure servers are updated.

Thank you for the build updates! Thank you for making quick patches to issues!

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Fair, but you don't need this server update.

19. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

any way to mod the FE gen 3 with the Formula pro sound engine or the Tatuu ? The electric engine is just a big no, I can't use it.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just use the FPro. If you don't want an electric car, don't use an electric car.

PS maybe you can package an upgrade for the cars that has replacement snd.json files for all the cars. You can find the names in the .veh files. As you seem to not like the sound of any of the electric cars, it might be worth your while to figure out how to do this.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    Radkappe and atomed like this.