RFACTOR 2 RAISED CURBS HARSH BUMP TORQUE SPIKE SC2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Captain Underpants, Jun 5, 2022.

1. Captain Underpants

Captain Underpants Registered

Hi Peeps,

Can anyone help me with the below. I've also posted this on the GD forums.

The problem is with the curbs only.

Are the bumps on the edges of the rumble strip tied to the canned rumble strip effect or is the effect tied to either jolt or steering spring/ force? I can't figure it out! It's only on the edges of the rumble strips when you hit the hard raised edges. The effect coming of that is crazy harsh!

Any help from Granite Devices or Studio397 reps would also be greatly appreciated. I've spent many hours on this forum & GD's forum and it seems no one has an answer to this. Every other enquiry by other peeps ends up an unanswered dead end as well.

If it is unfixable then at least put us out of our misery and let us know. Then I can go back to racing instead of constant fracking tweaking.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2022
  2. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

3. doddynco

doddynco Registered

Try turning off-road multiplier to 1 (100%)

Maybe it's the tyre flickering between the default 0.3 off road multiplier and 1.0 road area as you partly touch the 'offroad' area with a small section of the tyre.

I've always ran with full off road multi so i don't even know if this will help but it's a possibility.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@Captain Underpants there is no canned kerb effect, for info.

*assuming you haven't gone and enabled the old rumble strip effects in the controller.json (or other profile you're using). But I'm sure if you edited stuff you wouldn't be here complaining about it.

5. Captain Underpants

6. Captain Underpants

Rumble strip effect @ 0

7. Captain Underpants

Just so we all on same page I have the studio 397 preset for sc2 pro selected and have not changed any parameters from their defaults in the .json file. I run sc2 @100% torque and cars around the 60% ffb (RF2 car dependent ffb with filter @ 3).

Will post my sc2 profile for RF2 next time I'm on the rig though my settings there are not the problem.

In the 'json file I have tried extremities and everything in between of all steering and curb options but to no avail. Will try Lagg's suggestions here:

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....track-feel-way-too-strong.64930/#post-1099716

Won't be till next weekend now but I'm hoping with some more tweaking and lowering my torque oput in sc software plus raising the steering torque sensitivity might help.

Another option I tried was dropping the slew rate significantly (0.30 approx felt ok) or using the notch filter to kill the spike but that notch filter thing is a gamble unless I know a 'close' approx for the frequency that's causing it. Maybe around the 40hz???

Anyways keep the suggestions coming legends :)

Thanks to all so far for your halp!

8. lagg

lagg Registered

@Captain Underpants i've corrected some language errors in my message trying to be more understandable.

9. Captain Underpants

Se Agradeci ;)

Will try your suggestions & let you know how I go with it.

lagg likes this.
  10. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

Next week, I will be ready for my new simrig with the SC2 pro. And from what I've read about the userbase, it's intended to be Harsch, maybe you can try 0.15 for the slew rate...but no reason to buy a pro with this setting.
    Stay tuned, I'm confident I will have a good feeling, but I like when it's harsch, it's raw.
    Last week I have driven a real kart, it was so harsch :), after 10 min my arms were so tired....

Captain Underpants likes this.
  11. Supa

Supa Registered

Obviously never been over a real rumble strip on a Race Track. They are very harsh indeed.

Captain Underpants likes this.
  12. lagg

lagg Registered

Yes, they are.
    It depends on the car, of course, but even in a touring car with suspension of competition are very hard.

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

little off topic :
    I wait for my ascher hub, my momo, my cockpit and let's build this probably early next week !
    1654764851616.jpg

Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    pkelly and muzikant like this.
  14. Captain Underpants

Yeah some kerbs in real life are harsh in a 'my body body and hands get jarred' type of way. Depends on the curb & vehicle/ tyre bla bla.
    What I"m trying to say is the suspension bump surges felt through the rack are way too harsh in this game imo. It's not in all vehicles just some so I would like to filter down those spikes a tad whilst maintaining good heavy weight through the lateral motion. No need to assume I've not had kart & track exp.... you know what they say about assuming right? Yeah cause otherwise you wouldn't have.. ahhh :(
    Not to worry I still love you mate.

15. Captain Underpants

Exciting stuff man jelly of those pedals :D

16. Captain Underpants

Yes mate karts are punishing but hella fun! I've got an off road bulldog 270cc that drifts like butter on the sandy riverbed near my house :D
    After 1 hr though I'm absolutely stuffed. I'm not far off 50 now and feelin it!

17. Captain Underpants

So I got to playing around some more with some different cars & tracks and for now have settled on this.

rf2 td.jpg
    rf2 ffb  set.jpg

Happy with this for now.
    My .json file is stock sC2 pro from 397.
    I don't know if it helps but I am using zero smoothing in RF2 and pumped the recon filter in TD up to 5 and it feels good. The slew rate def helped with the kerb spikes too.

Now back to racing. Thanks everyone for your help greatly appreciated.

And yes my csl elites are modded with custom hall sensors and springs ;D Won't replace them till they are dead!

18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I'm pretty sure you can do better, you use a low slew rate value, inferior to SC sport.....I'm pretty sure you can use unlimited slew rate, and you have to modify the .json.

19. Captain Underpants

Example?

20. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

on the granite forum, you have full of .json and settings.
    About me I can't play, my rig is not yet ready, next week I will play, and I have no doubt I will find very good settings.