BTCC Babeee!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Remco Majoor

Remco Majoor Registered

It's not even May yet :D

2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

ffs, i hate calendars......imagine only 29 days in April !?!? world would have been much better place now.

3. Simulation_Player

Magus likes this.
  4. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

That is my interpretation. There was an entry in the Push to Pass settings in the Indycar that referenced Hybrid. S397 still hasn't updated the Dev Guide to state exactly how to use those settings. So it is a bit of a guessing game. The other thing is that I am imaging the hybrid time limit that BTC uses is being an "Upgrade" as running a season offline isn't in the game yet. So it would have to be individually set before each race.

Based on prior releases that isn't how it works. It would be nice if that is the case. I'm going to hold off on the purchase until the full pack is released. Been burned several times of having to "purchase" a car twice as I would by with the initial pack, then the packs get adjusted and shuffled down the line.

5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

6. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

This is going to be best S397 release ever, to my personal taste.

I love every announced item. FWD cars aren't my choice, but it is interesting anyway, and I happen to drive 2013 Toyota Auris IRL, so it is relatable to me. Of course I understand that BTCC car will have little in common with my car, but still it is quite similar. My car btw does have little bit of torque steer, I don't drive it hard, but I did feel it numerous times. Electric steering and FWD does not make it the most exciting car to drive, also the visibility kind is less great comparing to my previous Opel Omega, with which I used to go much closer to "apexes" lol

The Infinity however must be amazing fun. RWD. Modest aero, this means more mechanical grip significance, these cars should allow for much better taste of latest S397 tire simulation, plus these aren't huge tires, so they are more jazz and funk - will be fun. I watched a little race from Knockhill from 2020 and Infinity there had super soft setup, it was amazing to see a racecar from modern times with lots of suspension travel, visibly soft ride. Interestingly cars appeared pretty planted, so I assume they aren't overpowered to their grip levels, and also surely driven by great drivers.

oikworld and memoNo1 like this.
  7. Simulation_Player

what i find interesting is that fwd and rwd competing in same category/race, i love both. in future there might even be a honda civic (as it is competing now).
    Just a small gripe is that these cars have 350 hp and base weight of 1280kg , if this was 450-500 hp and 1000kg that would have been perfect, still no matter. this class seems proper fun(maybe not on monza lol).

memoNo1 likes this.
  8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That is a mindset you have to shake off, Monza! Nurb GP, Paul Ricard etc. these are glass smooth super highways compared to the tracks the BTCC guys race on. Avoid the big time F1 circuits and search out the smaller, tighter, especially BUMPIER venues.
    Back in the 90's there were very few, RWD Super Touring cars, but Audi did race AWD and had a decided advantage in the wet.(quite competitive in Australia vs the RWD BMWs.)

memoNo1 and RaceNut like this.
  9. Simulation_Player

It's not about being smooth surfaces but more about type of circuit that is bit boring for such cars.
    Monza, paul richard have long long straights, this is where the low power is bit boring for me.

Filip likes this.
  10. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

:D
    Stop mate!
    You hyped me more and more...:D:p

mantasisg likes this.
  11. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

If they were ~500bhp and 1000kg I would not complain. IMO 350hp 1000kg + actual street tires or at least semislicks would be absolute sweet spot in terms of fun factor. But not having tires to loose traction anytime and anywhere has its own kind of charm to it too. I am very curious to try these cars how they will feel at the limit. I suppose they still might be scary at high speed turns of Brands Hatch.

memoNo1 and Simulation_Player like this.
  12. Simulation_Player

I wouldn't want to degrade tyres for fun factor though, i would rather increase power to get same results on slick.
    My philosophy is to not degrade performance deliberately for sake of more "fun" or slides etc ( like putting on street tyres on race tracks).
    Increase total performance whilst still making cars more fun.
    So aero is correct way to do so, light to moderate aero (such as on this cars) doesn't feel like i'm deliberately detuning cars but at the same time i can slide about by sheer power.

13. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

As 50s and 60s guy I have no problem with much lower speeds and laptimes, I am all about that car control and dancing. The only case when I seriously miss speed is at Le Means when car tops at lower speed than 240km/h :D

Around 500hp cars that weighted less or close to 1000kg was a thing of 60s and 70s, they were best.

I think "fun" slicks were only made in seventies and maybe in early eighties. Later on performance and sliding went opposite directions for good, because softer and softer rubber which is not good at sliding and super tiny optimum temperature windows and all other windows.

14. Simulation_Player

I like the peaky nature of modern slicks little bit more than old sliding way. i got no problems with slow laptimes, its how "boring" it is while doing a lap itself.
    my general rule of thumb from my sim racing experience so far is a faster f1 like car is fun on almost any circuit....so far me it is perfect.
    but a slower car like interms of power , weight (not necessarily grip) is more suited for tracks with LOTS of corners and short straights.

but enough of my shite, where the CARS AT !!?!?! i'm dying to drive them.....such unique content is exactly why i love rfactor 2.

15. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

+1
    This Is worst then going on your first date! :D

16. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Yep.. :p

17. Simulation_Player

i'm surprised that there is no new announcement post on forums news section regarding BTCC cars.
    there are announcements for brands and donington
    @Paul Jeffrey where is announcement post for upcoming BTCC cars ?

18. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

Seems they were too busy announcing Laguna Seca :p

MikeV710 and Simulation_Player like this.
  19. Simulation_Player

Yea i just saw that, something is definitely off now.
    i'm not believing that these new content actually exist unless its on my screen and i can lick it.

20. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

He's on vacation.