BTCC Babeee!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Registered

Speaking of Donington...

I did a couple of races with the AI here tonight. 120% difficulty (they're still too slow in my opinion)

The racing was very close and frantic, which was great but the biggest issue for me is that every lap when 2 cars are side by side at coppice (right hander before the back straight) the one on the inside will bounce off the kerb and flip over multiple times ending up in the gravel trap. Every lap this happens without fail, at least 1 car does this, most laps its 2 cars.

It seems like something is wrong with the AI mapping here, is there anything that I can do to fix this?

2. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

If you know how to assign ai your custom setup that might help it.
    sometimes suspension does weird stuff like this in ai.
    Basically you give them a setup with higher ride height and 0 packers, this helped me with m4 class 1 ai.
    that could maybe point at suspension physics issues, since m4 class 1 ai has similar issues you describe and that car has broken suspension and dampers.

3. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Registered

Thanks,
    just to report I assigned with the factory default setup but adjusted it for the AI with max ride height and 0 packers.

No difference, as soon as a car gets that inside kerb whilst attempting an overtake at coppice it flips over into the gravel. Lap 1 saw 3 of them flip over at the same place. Seems like broken AI physics

4. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

Oh well , i'm out of ideas then.
    Just a note i wanted to share, make sure to restart the session when you assign ai new setup/adjust their setup. otherwise setup won't be applied to ai.
    ignore my post if you did that already , just wanted to clarify it.

Chris Hill and pkelly like this.
  5. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I did NOT know that. Good to know!

Simulation_Player likes this.
  6. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Registered

OK something different this time.

Obviously we have the real BTCC liveries for the Toyota and the Infiniti, however we dont have the names.

I have tried to find a way to edit the AI names to change them to the names of the drivers who were in the cars (Ash Sutton, Rory Butcher etc) I cannot for the life of me work out how to change these, I have tried everything.

You can create new car files in-game and use the same skins, i know that, but then you lose the names and numbers of the drivers in the windows.

I have tried to edit the .MAS files but they seem to be locked or something because It says the file cannot be opened.

Anyone know a way around this?

7. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

The Toyota is so much fun to drive, I’ve been hooked to it since it’s release. Driving round Brands and Donnington never gets boring. It’s also a total blast at the Road Atlanta 2017 mod and S397 Sebring. I tried the Infiniti and it’s decent, but the Toyota is absolutely amazing, love it!
    My only gripe is that the AI need to be faster! At 110% I’m beating the AI by around two seconds a lap at S397 Brands and Donno and at Workshop Road Atlanta 2017. At 120% this drops down to 0.75 of a second per lap slower than me. That’s with default set up and carrying more fuel than necessary. I’m an above average sim racer and certainly nowhere near alien standards. I love the AI aggression, loads of door banging and side by sides and quite a few dive bombs and lunges, but they are overall slow by the normal s397 standards.
    Great job S397, you have imsa and btcc, my two favourite racing series and you smashed them both out of the park! Thank you.

Last edited: May 23, 2022
    pkelly likes this.
  8. Herve_Versabeau

Herve_Versabeau Registered

Hello
    push to pass data are available in shared memory ?
    I can't find them
    I want to display them on my dash simhub

Thanks

Bidle likes this.
  9. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Did you find a solution? I did found some screens that have it and tried to copy/paste it, but of none of them work.

10. Herve_Versabeau

No solution for me
    What IS this dash ?

11. Bidle

Bidle Registered

It is a general dashboard made by PFM1 specifically for the game f12023, but most of the 'widgets' use the same data from different games. This DRS works also with the rear flap (drs) of Rfactor2. Unfortunately the ERS is not, probably since Rfactor 2 doesn't have it and the modders use the "push 2 pass" option in the game.

12. Herve_Versabeau

Do you have a link ?

13. Bidle

Bidle Registered

Herve_Versabeau likes this.