Purchase obligation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ralphy, Feb 9, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

So far, S397 has usually included a completely free option. The Alpine series is that option this month. You CAN race the CS for free and have been able to since they have begun their beta program when you choose series like the Alpine. This month, the PAID DLC Indycar requires 2 Paid tracks. But the Alpine series is free, the car is free, the tracks are all free. This may change at some point, but for now, there has usually been a Free Option. If spending 7Ethingies is your argument, then race for free. I don't understand the conundrum. IF the op wants to race the Indycars this month, then pay the entry fee. If the fee(the cost of the car & tracks) is too high a barrier, then race the Alpines. Either way, it's organized online competition vs humans.

pkelly and trichens like this.
  2. kados

kados Registered

I was referring to raceroom.

Lazza likes this.
  3. Bill Worrel

Bill Worrel Registered

Actually, when the BMW M4 GT3 car was released on Feb 7th, it was added to the GT3 Pack and the description updated to "All 14 GT3 cars". Previously, it said "All 13 GT3 cars".

4. trichens

trichens Registered

To go racing in the BTCC 2021 series, a team had to pay £10000 per car and £21000 per driver to register ( + UK VAT at 20% )
    The rules state that "An entrant or driver whose registration is accepted and who otherwise fails to participate in the Championship shall forfeit their registration fees in their entirety."
    I read that to mean that if I'm a "no show" for a race meeting I don't get the entry fees for that race refunded to me.

So for the rF2 race series in question the "entry fee" is the purchase of the required tracks and cars...
    If you then miss a race for any reason that's just plain tough. If you don't want to pay the entry fee then you don't get to race in that series.

There are also alternatives to the rf2 server options - some free, others require to to pay a small monthly subscription to join the community. There's always the self hosting option too if you wish :)

And I'm with @David O'Reilly with regards to the purchase of DLC.

pkelly likes this.
  5. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Carlos Eduardo Araujo Registered

Unfortunately you are just wasting your time and feeding blindness! Your point of view is seen by many others! I have friends with the game and several DLC, but they are in the same situation as you, not being able to run 5 races because they don't have 1 track! Or because they can't run 1 race because they don't have 2 other tracks.

Do you know what these friends did? They just abandoned rFfactor 2 and went to spend their money on other games, simple as that!

And one of them has the following sentence when he hears the name rFactor 2: In this game I don't put 1 Dollar anymore! And when someone talks about buying the game, they're the first to say DON'T BUY and mention the DLC problems.

6. Comante

Comante Registered

People are free to make their choices, choices are relative, and the fact they choose so, doesn't make them right ... or wrong.
    I mean.. should the developer really try to catch all the sheeps that try to jump the fence? Life il like that.. there will always be a lost lamb or two, life goes on. I've not played RF2 for some months.. should I have wrote a post on the forum asking the developer solving my scarce interest in firing RF2 ? I didn't but they did something anyway: the revamped CS system made me try it again, and I raced several times in the weekend.
    playing a game or the other is far from a duty, or a service, is just playing a game. In the field of computer gaming, simracing is probably the most expensive and one of the most niche hobby a computer can bring you.
    I think we should stop measuring value and success of stuff with sheer amount of players, more is not always better, and for the same reason we should not scream in desperation everytime someone find a different way to spend their free time.
    To each his own, I stay with RF2, I don't have all the content, and I play only what I like, in any way I ever felt excluded, on the contrary, should I decide to partecipate in the highest competitive championships, I could, all I need are few bucks and enough skill.... and in all honesty what is stopping me from trying is not money. :)

trichens and Lazza like this.
  7. marciovs28

marciovs28 Registered

In this case, it is much better to invest in other games (IR and RR) where online services work in full swing, than to put $ in a game where CS can gather a maximum of 10 players on VERY LUCKY days

In the same way that they argue "that it is the chosen business model" it is also up to the user to look for efficient and functional solutions (again, IR and RR) when playing online

8. marciovs28

marciovs28 Registered

Mate, you're wasting energy unnecessarily.
    And a lot of RF2 members are like religious fanatics.

Do you like to play online?
    Use your $ on games that manage to be functional in this type of service.

9. Comante

Comante Registered

This is painfully false, so much that you don't deserve to be corrected.

10. marciovs28

marciovs28 Registered

You just wasted time saying you wouldn't waste time saying something.

It's brilliant!

avenger82 likes this.
  11. Comante

Comante Registered

I said that I would not have corrected your false claim, and I haven't. You need to read more carefully.

12. Dalmation

Dalmation Registered

For s
    For starters I didn’t read you comments so not sure why are you lashing yourself at me?

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You were not mentioned in this post.

If you keep posting nonsense you will end up banned here, just like discord. If you want to be a part of the community you need to think about how you're behaving.

14. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

Obviously just a troll trying to bait people. Just another to join my growing list of "ignored members".

15. Binny

Binny Guest

16. Carlos Eduardo Araujo

Carlos Eduardo Araujo Registered

17. Comante

Comante Registered

Nice, you made a version for people that can't read. cute.

Binny likes this.
  18. Binny

Binny Guest

Had to do a YouTube on this grow up little boy.

19. Mitch9

Mitch9 Registered

lol, the irony

read.PNG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.