Please help me.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skerp, Feb 1, 2022.

1. skerp

skerp Registered

My rf2 no longer works for a few week. I have reinstalled 1000 times and deleted every old file but it doesn't want to know to restart! it only works if I use the old beta v1121. A real shame I have never had problems in all these years I don't know what to do ... the drivers are updated. any solution please?I have already created a new USER DATA folder, I have renamed it but nothing to do the problem persists. I have read from some user that he reinstalled the 4 runtimes files. I haven't tried this step yet because I'm afraid it will damage my other games by reinstalling these files. What do you say are they independent of the general functioning of other games or can they influence their behavior?
    do you have alternative solutions? thank you very much i don't know how to solve.

2. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

What is happening exactly? I used to have an issue with MSI afterburner. Could only open that after I'd opened RF2 or it wouldn't launch and stay in a white unresponsive screen forever.

I'd guess there shouldn't be any problem to install those things again... You can also try to go online and find the most up to date ones if those are not already and aren't linked to an online source themselves to be downloaded.

Other then that... I don't know, maybe windows reinstall? That would suck.

3. skerp

skerp Registered

First of all, thank you for your help.
    I don't know exactly what happens because I've never had any problems with rf2 in so many years.
    the situation today is that when I start the simulator via steam the program starts and after a second the process stops.
    I uninstalled, I checked the file verification, I updated the drivers, I created a new userdata folder I reinstalled but nothing this damn does not start and I do not understand why if I uninstall everything and clean every trace it should restart. all other games even new start regularly so the problem is only rf2.
    bye thank you
    sorry for my bad english

4. Nieubermesch

Nieubermesch Registered

Yeah I don't know, but that sucks. RF2 is known to have issues of every type, but this type of things can happen to any game thats on PC. Wish I could help you more. Keep trying I guess

5. lagg

lagg Registered

I'd try reinstalling the 4 vcredist of ..\rFactor 2\Support\Runtimes\ and the DirectX of \rFactor 2\Support\DirectX\

6. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

We've never had a report of users re-installing the runtime files and then having issues with other games. But as requested above, system specs please....

7. skerp

skerp Registered

Forgive me, you are right.
    These are my specifications
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHz
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER Twin Fan

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

When you say you cleaned out every file, did you use Windows to delete files & folders left behind by the Steam Un-install?
    Steam only removes the files it controls. So mods, edited .json files, plenty of items get left behind and still in place. You have to use Windows explorer and delete the entire rFactor2 folder and every folder inside. I would recomend backing up your userdata folder to preserve controller profiles and setups, but it sounds like you have already replaced it.

9. skerp

skerp Registered

Good morning.
    I uninstalled from Steam the first time, after not being able to solve the problem, I uninstalled everything it found from windows with the Geek Uninstaler program and I can assure you that it usually deletes everything. i installed rf2 again but the problem persists and honestly i don't know what to try anymore. the only thing i haven't tried is to install the 4 runtimes files again. I REPEAT it only works if I use the Beta 1121, but until a few weeks ago I was using rf2 with all the updates so everything happened with the last 2 reales I assume.
    Hi thanks for your invaluable help.

10. lagg

lagg Registered

Then you haven't deleted the rF2 folder with the user content.
    Stop installing and uninstalling the game.
    This doesn't solve any problem usually.
    Try to use the Windows explorer, go to ..\Steam\Steamapps\Common and delete the rFactor 2 folder, as @davehenrie told you.
    Then run rF2 again.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The least destructive thing you can do is reinstall/repair those runtimes. They're either there and working or they're not - it cannot break anything else.

Nieubermesch likes this.
  12. Tomislav Leskovic

Tomislav Leskovic Registered

Is there anything in the event viewer pertaining to rf2?

13. skerp

skerp Registered

Absolutely no. The process does not even start, because when I start rf2 after a few seconds it stops without any error message. Thanks for your help.

14. skerp

skerp Registered

You're right but I wouldn't want to mess with all the many simulators I have in the library. But if you tell me that I can do it without problems, I'll try.

15. skerp

skerp Registered

I finally solved it !! as you indicated the files to restore were the RUNTIMES I installed the four files again and? ....... EVERYTHING OK NOW! Thanks to all of you for the invaluable help.

GTClub_wajdi, juanchioooo and atomed like this.