Game crashes to desktop

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by owen marriott, Oct 7, 2021.

1. owen marriott

owen marriott Registered

Hello,

rF2 was working fine up until a windows update, now crashes to desktop after loading track up to 100%.

I have tried disabling all plugins, restarting, choosing different tracks, cars, checking file integrity on Steam ...
    There also has been a game content update since, but no change, it is still crashing.

I have a trace.txt of loading 2 different sets of cars/tracks, but can't find what the problem is ...

Thanks for your help !

2. owen marriott

owen marriott Registered

Here are the 2 trace files

Attached Files:

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Given that this happened after a windows update, I'd say cover the usual suspects by installing the runtimes per this thread (note: all 4 files must be run and installed/repaired - don't leave any out)

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....0-removes-runtimes-after-major-updates.58239/

Then also try clearing the shaders and cbash folders per this thread: (can just clear the folders indicated - no need for the batch file)

https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-simple-way-to-clear-shaders-and-cbash.55446/

If that doesn't work, try renaming your UserData folder to something different. rF2 will create a new one when you start it again. Quit the startup wizard when it runs, change "First Run:" to false, in your player.JSON (sorry, I know this is complicated...) and try again.

As an aside, you have some quite old plugins there. Even when disabled, you could possibly have some conflicting files. I would consider removing a number of the base rF2 folders (like Bin, Bin32/64, Core), validating rF2 files in steam (to restore those folders fresh) and then try again. I'd move all files in the base rF2 when doing that as well, just to clear out old ones. (but keep them in case you need any later)