GT4 or WTCC Does ACC's GT4 kill rF2s?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, May 15, 2020.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Marcels famous 100 questions last year sparked some debate about either a touring car DLC or a GT4 DLC might be coming to rF2. Since ACC is poised to announce a GT4 addition, would that prohibit any effort in the same area by S397?

2. nonamenow

nonamenow Registered

I think that depends on whether they've acquired the license. If they've already spent the money on the GT4 license then they're probably committed. All pure conjecture on my part though.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

Another one that's going to kill rF2?
    No.

4. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I am surprised that nobody seems to think that a pack (or a car) GT4 or TC is coming considering what Marcel said.

I think that concerning rF2, we must stop (talk to myself :p) believing that what S397 says they would do will actually be done (example at simexpo 2018 they said they would improve the clouds).

I think their priorities and plans are likely to evolve without anyone knowing, even when they say they will.

(not sure my english is good enough in this post)

5. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

I'm not sure about anything concerning rf2 neither short or long term...where are they? which plan? online for all or just for pro/alien/youtubers? complete series or simple marketing stunt with 1 or 2 random cars?
    Future track? Laser or not, where? When? How?

FAlonso and Balazs Floszmann like this.
  6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I’m hopeless about seeing GT4 in rfactor2.... I’m saying it again, Studio397 spent 3 years and a lot of resources working on the new UI leaving behind all the other aspects of the Sim.
    Personally The old UI is more than fine for me.

philman likes this.
  7. lagg

lagg Registered

GT3, GT3 Challenger, 911 GT3 Cup, GTEs,.... GT4?
    There is life beyond GTs

8. U. Daniel

U. Daniel Registered

Looking back over the last 3 years, we had 2 packs of GT3 cars, Endurance Pack, Formula E, Formula E 2Gen, Porsche GT3 Cup, BMW M2, many Tatuus and 3 McLaren Formula 1 cars. We had the best tracks in any sim, Sebring, Le Mans, Nürburgring, Monaco and many more freebees and just recently the new Zandvoort. Saying That Studio397 is doing nothing is a little bit out of order and rather insulting to the developer. I remember Forza announcing Street Cars and this forum got swamped with "We want street cars in rF2", now ACC announces GT4 cars and everybody starts screaming "We want GT4 cars". Just let the developers do their job, they the best they can and it's great what they're doing

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

The GT4 crowd was buzzing long before ACC made their announcement. I think we could probably find posts right after the 1st GT3 pak came out. And I don't see this as a death knell for rF2, I was just curious about this particular aspect.

10. stonec

stonec Registered

Who said they didn't do anything? The content production rate hasn't been criticized, I'd say it's on par or better than any other sim developer. You could actually make the case that too many DLC cars will split the community up and make it harder to find online competitions. This is a problem iRacing is struggling with, so I don't really see the massive need to introduce new cars. Some well considered DLC's would be nice, for sure. What leagues and a proper season format would need though is more tracks and tracks that are big enough to be considered raceable. ISI had some curious track choices like Atlanta Motorsports Park, which are never used by any competitions. Add half a dozen of FIA grade one tracks to the current mix and it would make the job a lot easier for leagues.

11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

You misunderstood and misinterpreted the words of all the people who spoke above.

No need to argue therefore.

12. Sebastien Sestacq

Sebastien Sestacq Registered

it's impossible to predict what S397 is going to do! the good example Ferrari license, it's unbelievable who could have imagined the Ferrari license on rf2 2 hours ago!! not me!
    in short S397 is full of surprises sometimes good sometimes bad...
    I would say the GT4 and DTM, yes probably but maybe in 3 years or 3 days...who knows :D

McKiernan likes this.
  13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

You misunderstand my post ... I’m very happy with the contents but other aspects of the sim were left behind in a bad way.
    The offline part of the sim has been ignored in the last 3 years.

Gevatter likes this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@davehenrie interesting question. Amazing to see the thread derail so quickly though lol :confused::p

davehenrie likes this.