Game not launching

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by TomGB, Oct 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. TomGB

TomGB Registered

Hi,

When I try to either launch single or multiplayer the rfactor logo appears then exits me straight back to launcher with no error message, please help!

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Try moving the .JSON files (player, multiplayer, custompluginvariables) out of your UserData\player folder and see if that helps. They sometimes get corrupted.

If that doesn't help, try moving the entire UserData folder out, verify rF2 files in steam, check your video config, and try again.

("move" means cut, not copy, to somewhere safe out of the rF2 folder. The game regenerates config files when they're missing)

3. TomGB

TomGB Registered

Nope still doesn't fix it :(

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It may help to have more background information. I'm assuming the game ran previously - have you installed any mods? Any windows updates happen? Anything that's changed (rF2 or otherwise) since it last worked?

(system specs are usually also a good idea, though in this case normally don't make a lot of difference - unless you just updated rF2 to the latest version and were previously running a dx9 build or similar)

5. TomGB

TomGB Registered

No this is the first time i've run the game, although I had the demo version running this week without issue(i know this is an older version). I'm trying to launch the game stock without any mods/plugins so the only thing I can think of is the my Intel UHD620 integrated graphics just cannot even launch the game at all? The demo ran fine on the same pc and i've never had any issues with other games. I also know of people running rfactor with similar integrated graphics? Not sure if this is the issue or there's something else at play?

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There have been recent issues usually involving integrated graphics. Recent builds have pushed up requirements, I don't know how it compares to the demo but I would suspect you'd be looking at an upgrade if you want to run rF2 well if at all.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/always-check-your-video-settings.64331/

follow the three steps above to ensure you are using the best choice of video. But I'm not too confident older laptops can run rF2 in it's current state. DX11 is a must and laptops have to share system ram with video ram, rF2 is a vram hog.

next follow these steps to ensure you are using the most current version

https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/no-beta-tutorial.62566/

and start small, 1 car, one track. if that works, build from there. Good luck

8. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Try running it as an administrator

9. TomGB

TomGB Registered

Yea i've tried all of these fixes :(

10. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Delete all rF2 windows firewall rules and when you next start rF2 it will create a new one.

11. TomGB

TomGB Registered

Thanks everyone, managed to fix it by running one of the older beta versions!

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Note the old versions your system can/will run won't support any recent content (DLC and free).