Image Space Incorporated Exclusive Interview

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woodee, Mar 19, 2016.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Only ISI know their "goal" not you or me, again the responses read like everyones personal goals haven't been met which is frankly quite laughable! Have ISI done things the way I would've liked? no, in some cases not at all, but there is simply no point crying about it like so many on RD & Facebook are doing, it's like this generation of gamers (talking all games here not just racing sims) need to vent their disapproval at the software company to make themselves feel better...which to me is just plain weird and a waste of time. Spend that time playing instead of venting and everyone's happy :)

RF2 is great and I love it, have I raced it properly in the past month or so? No..I've been too involved with AMS which is also great :D

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

Customers having preferences and expectations about a product/company they like and want to engage. How evil.... :rolleyes:

3. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

There are differences between that and acting like users have invested $20mil and feel they have a say in development to get quicker ROI ;)

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It's the way they're doing it, nothing constructive at all in that thread, all whining without substance and also in the wrong place - they need to be doing it here not at RD and in a more constructive manner.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

That's exactly it, I see it on the Elite Dangerous forums all the time, it's like gamers believe they are owed something and when they don't get it the toys are well and truly thrown! Just play the game for what it is and you'll have fun!

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

I would 100% support paid mods if it means we get more/better quality content.

RF3? Surely continued development of RF2 would be the way forward? I do understand maybe a standalone title maybe using the RF2 platform to make money with a seperate licence would make sense, sort of what Formula Superleague game was (except not based on a terrible, confusing and obscure series ;) )

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Ive long ago given up on posting my feelings about rF2/ISI. However, I feel to at least do one or two comments on that "interview" (as a customer and advocate of rF2)

This wasnt something I would call an "interview" at all. "Interview" contains information. There wasnt any useful one.
    Comments on RD arent that bad as I expected! They are honestly writing theire feelings about this product and the company behind.
    And one poster did the best point (imo), when he wrote something like "it seems that the customers/simracers are more passionate and interested in this product than ISI itself is".
    This is exactly what I feel after all I read from Tim and other stuff-members here in forum and after all interviews given and after years of following rF2.
    What? Customer want a proper changelog of new build? What?, they are interested in our product (what they bought for real money)??? Pathetic! Or what?
    Is it really so far off that people are feeling something like ISI is somewhat disinterested? I think not.

"People love the dreams." Maybe many of them. I bet they would love more a mature, full fletched, feature- and overall completed racing-sim with rF2-physics!
    Thats my dream at least.

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

... What are you actually saying? You want answers to questions that aren't asked, and for ISI to create a full series sim? That's basically it?

I've answered every one of those questions in that interview before that interview. Some of them I've answered I'd guess close to a thousand times. You can give an answer early and "ISI saves simracing" is the response, give the same unchanged position later on and it's interpreted differently. Passion? It's a f*cking Q&A. Nothing was asked that would create it. Ask a parent about the first time their kid took steps versus the fact years lster their teenager can walk.

The funny thing is, RF is a modding platform and doesn't have complete series. You want a full series of something? You'll get it if the community works on that goal, just like the much-loved rFactor series always has done things. ISI, meanwhile, will continue to support that community in doing that, and eventually head towards "not rF3".

9. stonec

stonec Registered

I rather have this than no interview, which is the other option. There was some new information to me, regarding 2016 F1 car, paid mods, implementing weather effects, improvements to multiplayer lobby. It's in line with most ISI Q&A's I've seen over the recent years.

10. 88mphTim

Doesn't make sense long term to develop an engine and not use it yourself when people are only often paying you one time.

"not rF3" means exactly what it says.

11. 88mphTim

Indeed, the other responses was "no". It felt very much the same as any other one I've done, because it was. I guess people are too busy holding maps up to their face to see the scenery.

12. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

@Tim any schedule for the paid mod stuff? Will it be via Steam? Could ISI hurry with that?

13. 88mphTim

No schedule. Most likely (using their DLC options). Hurrying probably not, it's down to just when things actually happen. I did used to give estimations (based on what I was told), and learned they're usually wrong in the end.

14. sg333

sg333 Registered

Probably too early to give answers but ill ask anyway; will this likely be in the form of individual cars/tracks or series, multi-car packs, complete series?

15. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Tim -
    Confirmation on the working with mod teams: If a mod team makes a car/track and comes to you with quality content, could you decide to go after the licence and get the required data to make the car/track complete?

16. 88mphTim

It's difficult to get this stuff together, get Gjon to agree on details, sort out everything. Individual bits of content would be a pain, but I'm going to try with whatever I can. So I think you'll see a bit of everything. I am hoping to bring complete car packs from series' and car packs where possible. Stumbling block thusfar has been quality.

17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I imagine there would be a lot of lovers of the 1960's content. I know ISI have the licence of an Eagle Weslake.

Would these manufacturers be out of touch/price?
    Classic Lotus
    Cooper
    Classic Honda
    BRM?
    Ferrari? *cough* no chance! *cough*

18. Emery

Emery Registered

There was certainly more information in this interview than the other recent RD interviews with Kunos, etc. It is really up to RD to structure the interviews so they're not lame.

19. Ferly

Ferly Registered

If someone really expected something different they are delusional. The questions in the interview have been asked and answered a couple of times before. Just because they keep poking at the poor horse wont bring it back. If anyone is to blame its the guy asking stuff that we already knew the answers too. And the reactions on rd are just what youd expect from a kindergarten group but not from adults with some common sense. The whining is unreal.

20. pmarin

pmarin Registered

Most of the disappointment seems to come from people expecting rFactor to be, or become, a different kind of product, with tons of licensed tracks and series. As the website states, rFactor focus is to be a "modding platform", but its somethings that is not clear to all, and its understandable, there are only a handful of sims out there, and we tend to think of them as the same products.