[REL] Proracing Dashboards and In-game widgets

Discussion in 'Other' started by B1K3R, Aug 9, 2015.

1. zaphman

zaphman Registered

Sorry to say, but I get no data in rF2... Removed all of the other plugins and just keep the the stock rf2 and Proracing_x64.dll (And yes I run the x64 version). I did get it to run with R3E... Guess you read from memory there? So so the communication between the plugin (Proracing_x64.dll) and the main application is my guess... Widget says "waiting for game stream"... and just waits...

Double checked the ports. 6770 in main app as well as in UserData\player\Proracing_x64.ini. No other program is using this port. Netstat indicates the manager has UDP:6770 available/open. (so I guess the plugin should send data to the manager, with then distributes the data). Actually verified this with Process Monitor and can see UDP packets sent to Manager (on UDP:6770).

So, can't the manger interpret the data somehow - or some issue with the distribution of data? Neither the overlay widgets nor the web based widgets seams to receive any data...

Btw, plugin copied from latest dist (1.5.6.0). And also uninstalled/reinstalled the manager. Any data left over somewhere?

2. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Hmm, seems like you have checked everything and all is in place. There is a log file UserData\player\proracing_x64.log

What does it say inside? Also which mod/track are you testing with maybe I replicate the problem?

3. zaphman

zaphman Registered

been driving Mid Ohio and the DW12. A new line is added in the log file under player. Don't say much though. (don't recall exact saying right now though)

4. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Thanks. I'll test with these 2 and see what I get.

5. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

So I did a quick test with Mid Ohio and DW12 and had no issues at all. Both ingame and web dashboard worked instantly.

But l'll tell ye what I'm going to do. I'm going to add logging so that we will know exactly whats happening in your app. Will let you know when ready. Thanks!

6. zaphman

zaphman Registered

Quick recap - from rf2 no data is ever emitted (I put a break point at line 85 @ socket.js). It works from Assetto Corsa as well as from R3E... (not using the UDP pump)

For rF2 I use Process Monitor to capture network traffic (very good tool indeed):
    - Data is sent from rF2 (i.e. plugin) to manager (UDP)
    - But no data is ever sent out on the web socket (to the browser)

Data corruption? Then I started thinking decimal points, etc. I'm in sweden (comma as decimal separator and so on). Opened Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region and selected English (USA). Restarted manager and rF2... Voila!! Works... So, back to plugin? Some locale specific strings coming/generated when sending data to manager?

7. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Damn! I've forgotten about that bloody decimals issue with different countries! I'll try to push out a fix this week....Thanks mate :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

great news :) looking forward to the updated version. (same topic Austria here).
    Many thanks B1K3R! (and zaphman for finding)
    greets alex

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Yeah, zaphman had reminded me of that decimal gremlin I used to have in the past :p So yesterday I changed my pc to use comma as decimal and lol....it was crashing everywhere! So anyway, I went through all the code and made sure that it always handles decimals properly irrelevant of the country and now that seems to work very well. I have also added logging so that any future errors will be captured. Then I started testing everything again and I was not happy at all with how it was performing (not related to the decimal but just reading data from rF2 and streaming it to web).

So now I am also optimizing the code to make it faster. You have to understand that rF2 has the most data out there more than any other game that I know off and it can get heavy. So yeah, anyway, it's looking good and hopefully will release an update in the coming days.

Cheers

10. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thanks for all the time and work you put into finetuning of the plugin :) .
    Take all the time your need. No stress, it's a hobby ;)

greets alex

11. Corti

Corti Registered

+1

12. Corti

Corti Registered

Hello, I wanted to make a query. To avoid bad wifi connection and there are no delays in sending data. One could use the program connected to the PC via USB tethering (in the case of using external devices).

Query of DaskmeterPro web:
    - If your Android device is connected to a mobile network, disable packet data to save money, USB tethering may be not included in your phone package!
    Settings >> Wireless and networks >> Mobile networks >> Use packet data.
    - Connect your phone on your computer via USB.
    - Enable the USB Tethering (modem mode).
    Settings >> Tethering and portable hotspot >> Check USB tethering.
    - At this step your computer should find a new network interface, you can see it in Network Connections.
    - Get the gateway IP address of this interface, either by typing "ipconfig -all" in a console command or by right-clicking on the network interface and click "status" in Network Connections.
    - Edit the file "preferences.ini" and enter this gateway IP address as Android_IP. The parameter "Extended_Buffer_Size" must be set to "false".
    - The communication with DashMeterPro should be OK but Windows may no longer use the main internet connection. To avoid that, you must specify a metric for each network interface or change the binding order.

regards, Corti. ;)

13. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

I will investigate it and if it is not too much work I'll consider doing it :)

14. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Version 1.5.7.0 has been release. Please let me know if you find any issues. Just start the app v1.5.6.0 for auto update or download from http://dash.proracing.club/

1. Added iRacing Support
    2. Fixed streaming issues with GSC
    3. Improved the data streaming performance to dashboard for all games
    4. Added logging. You can disable or enable this function or view the log file
    5. Added Web Stream and Plugin connection indicators
    6. Existing Custom dashboards can now be edited and saved
    7. Set the in-game opacity to almost 0 so that the background is not visible
    8. Fixed some issues with widgets not working
    9. You can now zoom any widget to make it smaller or bigger

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2015
  15. Corti

Corti Registered

Thanks, I downloaded and tested.

16. Placido

Placido Registered

now it works.
    I did a little test, in my tablet, with the GSC Extreme and looks good.
    now I have to learn how to edit the dashboard .

17. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Glad to hear :) I'll try to make a short video how to create/edit dashboards

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi B1K3R. Many thanks for the update.
    Hopefully I find some time today in the evening for setup and configure the new
    plugin version. I'll report back my findings (if there are anyone :) .

greets alex

19. Corti

Corti Registered

Thx.

20. RoWo

RoWo Member

Saving a custom dashboard doesn't work for me. :(