At least we got a mention :)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by oHOWEo, Jul 16, 2015.

1. oHOWEo

oHOWEo Registered

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

14th

are they %$^%# serious

lm%ao

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Must be like getting kicked in the face by a horse for Tim and Co.

I told you 4 years ago but no one listened.

rF2 somehow infects reviewers with some sort of virus in their butts.

I call it rF2 butt and mouth disease.

4. stonec

stonec Registered

Well, I haven't seen any serious rF2 review after the early beta reviews done in 2012, apart from the InsideSimRacing one last year. Probably they just googled the sim and put it 14th due to not many good reviews online.

5. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

rF2 lost out to Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, time to put my wheel in the closet I suppose.

6. Emery

Emery Registered

I shouldn't have looked.

The category should have been "Best games that involve racing a car but generally are about driving around and smashing into things."

7. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Appropriate reaction is somewhere along the lines with *shrug*.

You people really need to start prioritizing and quit excersising your worry muscles for this kind of stuff. Go take a pretty screenshot and post it in RD or something. Or go make me another F1 season mod. I like vintage '95.

8. bwana

bwana Registered

I think the reviewer says it all himself describing how "slowly turning aids off one by one " improves the game (project cars) my guess he's a 17 years old console lover who probably has never driven rf2.

9. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

Oh dear. Clueless...

10. stonec

stonec Registered

The problem is this:

View attachment 17367

There is one good review (Empty Box 2015), one lackluster (ISR 2014), two reviews done on flawed beta in 2013. That's pretty much it. Product is not on Steam so you cannot find any sensible user reviews either. Oh well, at least someone updated Wikipedia article, which was nothing but few lines before this year.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Perception is everything.

Just another nail.

You may shrug.

I would say ISI has had poorer sales because of ill informed comments, just as much as the constant complaints and pressure on ISI to make things better,

imho its already the best , it was 3 years ago ?

Less money ............means less of everything.

ISI dang well don't deserve this. :(

12. Jamie Shorting

I think everyones post here flew right over your head.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

+1

He thinks it's Santa Claus or is it the Fairies are going bring us rF3.

You notice, I not laughing.

14. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Oh for crying out loud, Jamie and Durge; Let's get those braincells back into action and go back to... well lets take an interview from last year shall we?

Source: http://simhqmotorsports.com/update-gjon-camaj-rfactor-2/

"Product not for everyone", "“pick up racing” has been lower than we’d like. That’s why we’ve been working on it..."
    With all the information that we have, how can you still be surpriced and so unbelievably dramatic about the rFactor2 perception. This whole "people don't know a good thing even if it bit them on the a$$" and expecting a gaming site to sell some games for you, is really nothing more than a little more grown up version of "no one's playing with me :(".
    Marketing wise, forementioned review and praise isn't any further than a phonecall away from Tim Wheatley... if/when they are ready for it.

So chill pills all around, and lets sing couple of kumbayahs while we wait for the delicious Stock Cars.
    Talking about waiting, can't wait to start throwing money at the ISI once again when they push the SC's out... oh and the weather patch. Eeek! Exciting times.

15. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

PC Gamer = Toilet Paper (on the case of digital version, just print before)

16. matf1

matf1 Registered

Did I miss something, or catch something?

*I'll expand because I guess it's not obvious. Did I miss an announcement, or discussion about this feature or did I catch a hint from someone in the know?
    I just don't recall reading anything recently about weather.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2015
  17. Jamie Shorting

Boy, I made a joke, now from the responses I've completely lost the plot. :p

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Can't agree having pC and AC that far up in the list given the general parameters being looked at, but the common denominator is: Having full series with tracks to go with them. Of course rF2 is still underrated in this list given the actual quality but when you got Shift 2 and DiRT 3 that far up as well, you can dismiss the list.

19. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I,d like to hear or see an answer from Tim on this poll or what ever its called. I say Tim as he is the boss of the Media side of things from what I can gather.
    Now, this is not a smart arse question or any fanboy post or a product whinge or complaint.
    Its just a simple question.
    Tim, do these comparisons do much damage to ISI, do they affect sales greatly and if they do, is it likely that ISI would shutdown Rfactor3 ( if that's the next one ) because of it.
    Would ISI consider an Iracing type payment system or would they consider charging for DLC style updates.

I have Pcars and Dirt Rally, I haven't touched Pcars for at least a week or two after it was released on steam and Dirt rally just wont save my graphics settings so same again, I don't use it either.

I just use RF2, racing in a league and offline for fun. But I.d hate to think that ISI would stop but can understand if they did because comparisons like these create lost sales.

people also have to remember that the readers of gaming mags etc would see this and want to give the 1st place one a try because they say its the best one, they are not going to try 14th best.
    They also would probably buy it and then stop using it after a few months but that makes ( in Australia roughly ) about 80 bucks that ISI don't get and the makers of Pcars do.
    In the end, it becomes a lot of money and all the realism in the world cant account for that.

20. bwana

bwana Registered

I wonder if a company like ISI could approach a US. based pc gameing (as opposed to a sim site like simpit or ISR) reviewer to do a review with say Tim (as he is US. based)and to do a one on one interview so the nuances of RF2 could be properly explained ? It would reach readers such as those pertaining to the above review rather than the sim community which are obviously already aware of RF2 ??