rFactor 2 Build 930 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

+1000

2. Flipo

Flipo Registered

Why has not been made yet on the UIData 8th Gear for F1? I imagine it will not be difficult to do anything.

3. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Some comments from others ...

Empty Box
    some text in the race setup menus in particular blends in to the background a bit too much

davidporeilly
    The new UI, In some sitations you cant read the text.

Hmatty
    Can I change the color of the text that enters chat from red to something else? it is very hard to read for me.

I have cataracts in both eyes and have difficulty discerning non-contrasting colors. Yes, I'm old and visually challenged :( so I don't expect ISI to change things specifically for me, but some concessions toward accessibility guidelines would be nice.

I wonder if would be possible to have some config options in player.json to set foreground, background, and text color for the UI?

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

While I like the new U.I., I think you're overstating it. The Minimalist U.I. was created and continually updated by a modder. You don't need a 25-man team to create a new U.I. mod like we got in b930. It's no different than the kart U.I., the Minimalist U.I., etc. The functionality is the same, it's the same as RF2 b1xx, b5xx, kart U.I., Minimalist U.I., etc. It's the same background code running it all from years, and years ago.

After spending 10 minutes with the new U.I. and getting used to the new layout and colours, it doesn't feel new anymore, it's just the same old from years ago. I don't understand your "I don't think it's worth making new UI+tech again after this effort". The b930 U.I. is just another current-tech based U.I. style-mod, like the kart, the Minimalist, the pre-b930 U.I., etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

No doubt the UI will receive some updates during next months, just relax people it's a early version of it, for me it's really good and innovative ;)

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

My comment has nothing to do with look or "to be pleased"!
    I don´t care a s**t about UI, as long as it does what it should!
    My post was all about funtionality and the essenc of it is: It does not what it should.

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Strange how you took my comment personally as if it was directed at you.

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

It's always the same guys doing 75% of the complaining. I've been lol'ing at all this UI stuff for ages now. I knew the same guys would still hate the new one. Ah well, maybe someday ISI will learn about internet forums. :p

9. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Gee guys, calm down. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Remember ...

"You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can't please everyone all the time".

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

You quoted an answer to my post, so for me it looked like this.
    Nevermind.

11. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Not is an early version, it's just a new version of the old UI. It looks more modern but it is exactly the same.

I also hope to see in the future the new UI based on Iggy.

12. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Who is this Iggy guy anyway? :rolleyes:

13. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Thank you for the feedback BigDuke6!

I had figured as much, I was trying to figure out what was supposed to be adjusted to. *Never mind, apparently I was not using 100% which seems to have resolved the text issue. As with the legacy HDR, I never modified this so I'm not sure why I am having the text issue. I'll tinker around, see if I can isolate what is affecting me in particular given my previous issues (see link below).

The good news is that this new UI seems to have solved more serious problems for me, see link below:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/23456-EVGA-GeForce-GTX-980-SC-ACX-2-0-rFactor-2-Issues

I like what ISI is doing, your hard work is very much appreciated!

Edit*

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2015
  14. lagg

lagg Registered

15. F1 2004

F1 2004 Registered

lol guys. UI is not important.

16. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

You're from NY and you don't know who Iggy is? :p

Sorry for off topic. :)

17. yusupov

yusupov Registered

for sales, i think it is & i think ISI agrees.

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

FWIW, after tinkering endlessly with myriad video settings trying to get video to be smooth again for whatever reason running in windowed mode makes video smooth for me with video sync also which is what I was using before so it makes sense that new install defaulted to NON windowed mode so when I switched back to windowed mode now all is good no idea why...

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

:) I know that was partly directed towards me but I completely agree with you.

I used to laugh at all the U.I. complaints as well, and I still do, but now I laugh at all the U.I. appraisal. Why? Because it's the same darned thing. You move some boxes around, change some pictures, edit some fonts and colours and all of a sudden the U.I. that was so terrible a week ago is all of a sudden so great?? That is even funnier than the people who kept complaining about the pre-b930 U.I.

I'm only complaining about the U.I. because of the core functionality of a completely different tech-based U.I. and all the changes that'll make to the base game itself. That's it. If it wasn't for that, then I wouldn't care about the U.I. - I could care less whether my fonts are orange or black, or whether my series/track/car select icons are displayed horizontally in the centre of the screen, or vertically on the right of the screen, I could care less if the background picture has raindrops or not, to me that's just B.S.- aesthetics, the functionality is identical, and therefore after 10 minutes of getting used to the new fonts, colours, icon-pics etc. you're just back to what you've been using for the past 3 years.

Exactly

P.S. I like the U.I. please don't get me wrong. All I'm saying is that the new core U.I. still needs to be pushed (rather than maybe waiting for RF3) because we're still, as of b930, using 99% of what we've had for years - just a new set of colours, fonts, etc.

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I vaguely recall ISI going to a different platform/code/whatever especially for this new UI so that it would be much more flexible for them and others to use/change/fix.
    If I recalled correctly then its in no way the same as before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.