rFactor 2 Build 930 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stonec

stonec Registered

Press ctrl-c while in game and check bar on top right corner, CPU usage (red/purple bar) should never go much over half of maximum. If that bar is fine, then GPU is likely reason for slowdowns.

2. Sk1dmarks

Sk1dmarks Registered

Yup.

Same here, usually after watching a replay.

3. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

No worries Tim all fixed now, after reading about resizing windows text I didn't reboot my system for it too take effect.
    After the json edit, resize fonts and a reboot all is well. thanks for the reply. :cool:

4. BigDuke6

BigDuke6 Registered

Hi Voltaic I had the same issue, in Windows Control Panel click the Fonts icon and you can adjust it there. After adjusting it you must reboot Windows for it to take effect.

View attachment 15794

5. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

bahahhahahahahaha nice packages directory

6. redapg

redapg Registered

A big thank you ISI, for adding this to DevMode [​IMG]:

[​IMG]

7. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Alright, who got rid of the donut sized rear tires on the Skip Regional and installed more proper tires out back on that thing? That guy deserves a high 5. That car feels a good bit different to me than it did before the update, before it was more babysitting now it feels like it actually has rear tires that are wider than well.... those donut spare tires.

New UI is great really, though some text in the race setup menus in particular blends in to the background a bit too much, but loads better than the old poop brown and IMO better than the Minimalist UI.

8. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Was realising the same last nite!

But I really cant drive the Skip. Its so....different. Off throttle oversteer and im not really good at counter-steering.

And i didnt see tires compound in the garage as well...hmm

9. rer8

rer8 Registered

Just got back from a trip out of state. I did the update... flawless. WOW.... I like the new interface. I can read the numbers and everything. Too tired to test but will be back again with more praise. GREAT JOB ISI. Thanks so very much.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's a bit more than that.

Before they were there, and caused the wheel to drop and then get pushed back up as you ran over it. Of course the faster you go the smaller this effect becomes, while increasing in frequency. It's still 'level 3' for flatspots, because the first option is to say there's a flatspot so reduce grip x% and make the FFB vibrate at y*velocity, while the second option is to time both of those based on how far the wheel is rotated.

Now the tyre will actually become unbalanced as you get flatspots, so it will produce its own oscillations separate to those produced by actually hitting the flatspot itself. Going faster and faster will no longer reduce the effect because you start 'skipping' the flatspot area; increasing the speed of rotation will introduce more vibration from the 'heavier side' of the tyre being swung around quickly.

It's pretty cool.

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yes of course, oh man I must have been tired when I wrote that late last night. Sorry :D

12. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

Thanks to those who responded as to the "FFB Multi" option whereabouts. It will come as no surprise that I can never locate the milk in the fridge either (I can at least locate the fridge these days) :D

I'm loving the recent chassis flex and tyre model changes. Great work so far.

13. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Thank you for your answer.
    Nvidia SLI (GTX 780Ti) performance with multiview+ HDR(120HZ), experiencing stuttering and low framerates (25-40fps), unfortunately rFactor2 is not playable to me.

Have any multi-gpu multi-monitor users noticed performance differences with this build?

14. hammer666

hammer666 Registered

Auto-update was fine, but now the cars all seem to have too much grip, very arcadish.

Kidding!

Everything seems good, the new UI does look quite nice.
    Though I took the ZR1 round a couple of tracks I normally use it on (LRP, Nords) and it did seem to have a bit more grip, could definitely throw it around with a lot more abandon without dire consequences. Having never even been near a ZR1 let alone driven one, have no idea how this tallies to reality, but I still had tonnes of fun. :)

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Yes thank you lazza for the better explanation, only ran a few laps yesterday so only wrote what I noticed, good to see the technical answer :)

16. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Thanks,
    The tyre flat spot thingy-wow. I know what they mean now. I felt like Kimi just before his suspension broke when I flat spotted a FR 3.5. Amazing.
    BUT
    The new UI,
    In some sitations you cant read the text. EG Upgrades in the tuning menu (skippy tyres for instance). Seems to be white wrting on white background.
    I had to randomly click away till the explanation at the bottom showed me I was on the one I wanted.

I am seriously going to have to look after tyres now.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ive owned 3 780 Tis and used two in SLI almost the whole time until recently when I sold one (got a good price for it and want to get dual 980 or 980 Tis if they ever come out). Anyways, unless you're playing in Nvidia 3D Vision where the SLI scaling is fantastic, disable SLI. You can disable SLI under your rFactor 2 GFX profile in Nvidia Inspector in-case the official Nvidia control panel doesn't let you without re-setting up Nvidia Surround.

18. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm getting the "White Box Syndrome" at various times:

- When Alt-Tabbing it sometimes happens not all the time, Alt-Tabbing a second time resumes normality
    - Installed the 370z, entered the game and for the first time it was White Box upon loading, Alt-Tabbing reversed it to back to normal.
    - This happened once; Was working fine, went on track and did some laps, came back to Pits and went to change Controller Settings and "White/Clear Box" so could'nt see what I was changing, again Alt-Tab out then back in fixed the problem.

My Windows Font Scaling is "Recommended Size" (win 8.1), there is no Percentage bar just a Bar for Smaller -> Middle -> Larger (mines on Smaller)

19. hammer666

hammer666 Registered

Is it just me or do track loading times seem to have increased significantly?

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just me? All cars looking terrible in the showroom, when HDR is enabled...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.