rFactor 2 Build 880 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

There are some updates to the tyre model and to ttool to incorporate those new updates, no??...

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Congratulations to the ISI team.

I don't know if it is this build or the previous one (I skipped from 770 to 860) that improved so much graphics (shaders). I dusted of the Marussias which were looking awful in replays and what an improvement (noticeable in cockpit to).

Thanks for the fast loading of plugins.

The sim is in another league now.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
  3. bwana

bwana Registered

not sure if was from doing an over install with lite (normally auto update) or the build but Unfreaking believable improvement graphically for me. can run 15 visible fr3.5 at silverstone with high to max settings and road reflections and maintain 55/65 fps in race and lowest 45 at start all on a AMD HD 5700 m(14.4) clunker .. The overall look has me stunned . great job ISI

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

I have done the auto update 860>880 and then did a lite build over-install, and I still have the old spotter :confused:

e: I deleted commentary folder and installed again, worked this time

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
  5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I am so disappointed, SLI+Multiview+HDR is still broken, HDR, Road-and Environment Reflections can not bee used with Nvidia SLI if you own 120hz monitors and like to have 120fps (no input lag) and there is no new UI to multiview.

I have used multi monitors many years, the use of multi monitors is not new technology, I had high hopes to get support from ISI in near future but it seem never happen.

Dream on baby dream on......:rolleyes:

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Does it mean the new tire tec isn't working with the already released stock content and that those need an tire update first ?

Sorry if the info is already anywhere. I didn't read the thread.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Zero change in graphics performance here -- careful to ensure apples to apples comparison.

Looking forward to the new tire physics when they eventually get out into the wild.

Moving the version numbers down a level for cars is also appreciated.

8. Justy

Justy Registered

Really nice build, lots of little things seem to have been tweaked, which gives a very nice overall feel. I've not noticed any performance increases (although I haven't done any objective benchmarking), but it certainly feels much smoother.

Very much looking forward to the tyre update being applied to the cars we already have and how this affects the way we manage the tyres.

Really pleased to hear there are plans to update the content through the launcher. Although the news feed thingy, within the launcher is great for keeping up with what's being released, (for those who don't keep an eye on the forums, or social media). I had been hoping for something a little more centralised for keeping rF2 and it's content up to date, especially now knowing that existing cars will need to be updated, to support the tyre model update.

Great job, Thanks ISI. :cool:

9. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

sounds like a good update, glad tire contact patch finally here awaiting cars (& car updates that include it)
    in spite of Iracing not having some of the very good things that rf2 has the contact patch is phoniminal, after tuning into the Iracing ffb there is a great feeling of what the tire doing in relation to it's pressure/flex/grip on the track surface. & their ffb mainly focuses only on this.

I think about this time next year with more rf2 builds ( & integrated VR support ) then rf2 is going to be an incredibly exciting place.

10. Emery

Emery Registered

Autoupdate worked fine, enthusiastic loud spotter is useful & simultaneously comical, but mirror bug still present (*). Not much else to say, really.

(*) Mirror bug = when triple virtual mirrors are turned on, the car's real mirror(s) are overexposed so they appear mostly white.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Any particular track or car combo? That doesn't happen for me.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Spot on.

13. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

So is uninstalling a vmod and having the software uninstall the track that was associated with the vmod a common issue?

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

Thank you. Than there is no need for panic from my side, that i can't feel it, because i've waited for it a long time but something in my back is damaged and i'm atm not able to ride anything without pain anymore. :(

15. bwana

bwana Registered

lm hoping my improvement wasn't due to an ineffective update by me in the past but whenever ive touched reflection or gone higher than low on texture my game drops to a slide show.. Either way on my subpar machine the improvement is 10 fold. Happy happy happy

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh damn, I'm sorry to hear that. What has happened to your back?

17. Paddler

Paddler Registered

Great update! It looks and feels so much better now! AC does not look better. And the driving is now absolutely amazong! Thx

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

Herniated disk in the thoracic spine after an accident and a warrior is down. :( Because of someone who was not able to drive a car, what a irony. But hey I do not want to spoil the mood where rfactor2 begins to live. The life goes on and i'll be back anytime, i'm sure. It would not be the first fight in my life to win.

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I hope you recover quickly. My back is totally messed up too, permanently.

Anyway, back to topic.

20. speed1

speed1 Banned

Until than.