TrackIR (5) working fine with rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I'm about to purchase TrackIR 5 (w/pro clip) to go along with my triple screen + 3D setup; I can't wait!!!! Is everything working good with it in 64-bit rF2 b860??...

2. Rik

Rik Registered

Yes, TrackIR work very well in the 860 You need to wait login When start RF2. the welcome message. if you do not wait , the game crash

3. Comante

Comante Registered

Work flawlessly to me.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Fine here.

5. baked bean

baked bean Registered

working fine here too Spinelli :)

6. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Does anyone know if it is possible to reassign the axes or perhaps mix them? I wanted to try using the Roll axis to look left and right. :confused:

7. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Mine is working fine with my triple screen, but you need some tips to make it work without problem, like the best place to put the trackiR and track clip to prevent dead zones, sensibility, etc. At the beginning it´s confuse but once you are ready, it´s a pleasure and very natural. By default it´s a bit faster.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ok so do you guys all use the track clip (for the hat), or the track clip pro (can clip onto things, mainly headphones/headsets)?...

9. crz

crz Registered

Track clip pro here.

I don't want to drive anymore without beeing able to move my head. Took me some laps to get used to it because I lost reference and wasn't able to hold my lines. This went away quickly and now I feel very restricted without head tracking.

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Do you guys disable the 3 movement axis' (x,y,z) and only keep the 3 rotation axis' (pitch, yaw, roll) enabled since your head hardly can physically move in a racecar since your neck/body is pretty much in one place and strapped there? I would assume this would make the most sense for realism?....

11. crz

crz Registered

Moving a small amount along the x axis helps looking in the mirrors sometimes but I deactivated x,y and z because I had trouble with calibration during longer stints. I don't know what caused it but sometimes I found myself sitting too much to the left for example. I'm sure this can be cured somehow but pitch, yaw and roll is enough.

12. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

By the way, if you stick for some reasons on B798, you can copy from B860 the TrackIR_rF2_Plugin_x64.dll into your B798 Installation and IR is running fine ;-)

13. Descoat

Descoat Registered

I only use track clip Pro. Sincerely, it's the best option.

Dissable different axis can be the first thing you will made if you don't calibrate it properly and fix the best sensibility for your sim. Once you made it, you'll activate all the axis for sure because it feels more natural, like a occulus rift.

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Agree on the pro. I had some problems with the other on hat one (whatever it's called), it would lose my head occasionally and I'd end up looking in an odd direction where I had to shake my head to 'reset' it so it could find me again. No issues since using the track clip pro. And this happened with me in all games, I assumed it was because of me wearing glasses and some reflection issue or something.

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ok and what about the reflective stickers? You can buy extra ones for about $10 for a pack. Can I just place the stickers on my Nvidia 3D Vision 2 glasses and then I won't have to bother with either the metal track clip (hat) or the track clip pro (headset)??...

Kind of confused about the whole sticker thing, it seems like the use of the stickers would make both the metal track clip (hat) and the track clip pro (headset) obsolete, yet I hardly hear anyone mention the stickers even though they seem like such a simple and convenient option...

16. crz

crz Registered

If you're going to build something yourself then go with infra red LEDs. The stickers will most likely suffer the same issue Tim described as it's the same concept.

17. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Im not planning on building anything myself. I'm just saying, why bother dealing with and wearing the included track clip, or track clip pro if I can just simply place a sticker on my 3D glasses?... Maybe I'm missing something here.

18. Descoat

Descoat Registered

I put the track clip PRO in my headphones. The stickers doesn´t work properly. Tim had this problems as other had because it depends of many factors ( reflections, lux...)

Also, if you put the trackIR in the center, then appears a dead zone in the left side that doesn´t allows you to watch completely in the left unless you increase the sensibility. To prevent that, I recommend to put it in the first 1/3 on the right of your central monitor ( But on the left of your head ). So the dead zone dissappears and you can move your head completely in both sides.

I´m thinking about get a nividia for 3D. In a 144hz monitors, it should run at 72hz, isn´t it?

19. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

The latest software needs 3 points of reference in 3d space to work out what your head is doing. I think the earliest versions of TrackIR used a single dot and could give basic pitch and yaw, not sure if the later versions kept that functionality.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Would putting 3 TrackIR stickers on my glasses work? Lets say one on the left corner, one on the right corner, and one in the centre? Would that give me the exact same functionality and performance of the regular metal track clip (hat) and it's 3 stickers?

I WISH, I WISH, I WISH. Nvidia 3D Vision (1 and 2) both run at 120Hz (60Hz alternating per eye). I wish it ran at 144Hz (72Hz/eye). However, even at 120Hz (60Hz/eye) the smoothness is fantastic because, I'm guessing it's because A. your brain "processes" and "sees" one image 120Hz/fps (rather than 2 seperate images at 60Hz/fps each) and B. LCD monitors in strobing modes (AKA "Lighboost", "ULMB", "Blur Reduction Mode", "Turbo240") at 120Hz/fps offer the same amount of motion clarity as "traditional", non-strobing LCD monitors at over 700Hz/fps - 3D uses "Lightboost" which is a strobing mode.