Inside Sim Racing Interview With Tim Wheatley Coming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by William David Marsh, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Adrian

Adrian Registered

Tim's been around a while and deals with motorsport teams etc for licencing/data I'd like to see you ask him about any cool(famous etc) people he's met or cool things he's been able to experience as part of doing his job. IIRC he got to hang out in the Marussia pits when they licenced the MR01, things like that.

2. tjc

tjc Registered

When can I have a job with ISI... ?

:p

3. coops

coops Banned

Tim have you talked more with the Brabham and Cooper family in striking a licencing deal with them ?

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I think it might be worthwhile waiting until SimHQ is out. This thread is largely pointless once that Q&A is out. That's sort of what I meant when I said to ISR to wait until after SimHQ was out before doing this. :)

5. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Is it coming soon? Like today soon? Tomorrow like soon? :p

6. sg333

sg333 Registered

+1. I don't get the idea of holding onto an interview like this.

7. 88mphTim

Who said it was?

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Sounds to me like the interview is done, now SimHQ has to finish writing it. Ask whoever is writing it when it will be finished.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I doubt the author of the interview works full time for SimHQ or even gets paid any money at all. You'll have to wait until he/she has enough free time to complete it.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
  9. 88mphTim

Or there was an approvals process, or some screenshots to be given.

I wouldn't understand holding onto a completed one, either. So I don't really understand where the assumption comes from that anything "like this" applies to. But this isn't a new phenomenon.

10. sg333

sg333 Registered

You said nearly two weeks ago that it was 'finished'....if you really want to pick language apart ;)

11. 88mphTim

I said I was. I also didn't say I was the only person answering questions, or what needed to happen after that. Obviously you didn't pick it apart enough.

12. sg333

sg333 Registered

The internet really is a terrible medium, isnt it? :) You win, I badly phrased trying to ask "why hasnt this been released yet?" Can I settle out of court? :p

13. guod

guod Registered

Noting that this is the first time I have posted in this thread about the interview which I did not want announced until it was 100% ready...

(switching hats)

Hi Jamie. :) The first cut of the text is done, the second cut of the text is done, the third cut of the text with the final set of follow-up questions was submitted at 5:30 AM last night for replies. Each cut of the text brings new questions / follow-up questions. So "one and done" IMO does not make for a good interview.

A clarification. It isn't "SimHQ" anymore. It is SimHQ Motorsports. Different company, different people. I sold SimHQ.com in 2013 so I could devote 100% of my time to my first love in simulations, sim racing. With the projected growth and expansion anticipated I decided I couldn't do both well, so I sought a buyer and sold SimHQ.com. I am still a happy visitor over there and friendly with the new owner, but we are different companies now. The announcement at SimHQ.com for those who want to read it: http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/3962417/

Now, about the interview... If the replies back from my latest followup questions do not generate more questions, then yes it is written. If there prove to be more followup questions, then it is not written.

The author says he works for the site, but it is doubtful anyone could call what he produces as work... *cough*

Management occasionally tosses a chunk of meat through the cage bars but that has been minimized because said author has been dieting.

You forgot it. Until "it" has time to complete the article. :D

/back to lurking mode

14. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

15. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Oh for goodness sake just wait fer it. If its there its there.

Jesus

16. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

17. MrBiscotte

MrBiscotte Registered

Good interview ! Thanks. ;)

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Ok a bunch of things mentioned here have not been addressed in the simhq interview. I really hope the single-player aspect is touched upon the ISR interview.

19. 88mphTim

It's been touched on in the forum a few times. You'll basically just get the same answer that's already been given, but I'm OK with that if needed.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

We don't know what goes on behind closed doors so it is fair to ask. If the answer is the same, that it was briefly thought about at one point but is not in the horizon, then ok that is the answer.