Marussia ,where is the love?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bwana, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Did one race and a bit yesterday, this car reminds me how slow I am. :p

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

There's the love..!

This is the most fun I've had online in months honestly:

I was 2.5 to 3 seconds off the fastest guy's pace in qualy. Good enough for 2nd place though.
    I accidentally started the race on the super softs and with not nearly enough fuel.
    I honestly thought I'd spin out and crash sooner or later, so I thought "what the heck, let's see what happens".

A couple of laps into the race, the leader was of course flying off into the horizon, 7-8 secs ahead.
    He then drove straight into a backmarker, got hit by another car and had to retire.

I then took the lead, with burning hot, rapidly declining super softs that I had to take care of and nurse.
    I tried to keep the left front under 80 at all times, which seemed to work okay.

With 3 laps to go I realized that I would run out of fuel if I kept my current pace.
    I then had to lift and coast to the extreme and crossed the finish line in 1st, with 0/0 fuel.

What a race! A pretty great participation too! I think 11 or 12 drivers started the race.

Keep this server up and running mate. It's a blast!

4. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

Here is an anecdote to show how good RF2 and its Marussia are: my 21 year old son and I visited the Ferrari museum in May and discovered they sell time on a pair of sims that are identical to those in the F1 driver's homes. They use them for familiarizing themselves with new versions of the steering wheels. The museum has a contest each year for those who achieve the fastest lap times. The best qualify for an annual championship in January and the winner does some sim laps with Kimi. This year the course used is Silverstone, and the car is a 2013 Ferrari F1. Fortunately, my son has logged a ton of Silverstone laps in a Marussia on my RF2 rig with three monitors, fanatec wheel and load cell brake, and Simvibe. He said that the Ferrari sim was very similar to my rig as far as driving dynamics were concerned and within 18 laps he took second place for the year which is still current. The differences were full motion similar to a SimXperience rig and a very powerful servo wheel (set to half the force of the real F1 car). Great job ISI and Ben!

5. fullsus

fullsus Registered

In AC forum said Ferrari Sim is Assetto corsa software.
    25 Euro per one lap.

Very interesting that Ferrari sim was similar to Rf2. AC now in term of physic can race and see the back of Rf2 ?

Marussia is very fun to drive but It's faster than I can drive . I am slow and race with AI not more than 80%

BT20 and Eve F1 is suit to my driving skill race with AI 90-95%.

6. Z06Trackman

Z06Trackman Registered

25 euro per 7 laps. They were not busy, so we paid 50 euro for 18. They said Ferrari modified the AC software. Who knows how, so between that, the wheel, and the full motion, I don't think RF2 and AC can be compared here. Certainly my RF2 rig and the ISI Marussia F1 car provided an accurate training platform so my son could step into the Ferrari rig and really push it without a problem.

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

The car is great but a bit to much for me atm. :)

8. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

9. bwana

bwana Registered

10. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

I love this car as well. Unfortunately I could'n find anyone on server today. When you guys usualy race?

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

The peak is 21.00-23.00 CET.

Maybe we all Marrusia loves should join once or twice every week at the same day and time.:confused:

12. bwana

bwana Registered

Ive got a skin pack that I picked up from somewhere with all 2013 skins, would be good to have on server if that's whats required ,not sure how that works

13. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

Good idea!

14. 3NPV5IRR

3NPV5IRR Registered

In fact there is not only skin pack, but the mode of Marussia 2013 (here on forum) and vmod (I downloaded it from the site of one of the leagues in Poland). I don't see their server any more but can send the link to their site in the evening. Actually they frelly distributed the vmod, but still it is better to ask their permission.

As far as I know mode developers didn't change the physics, only skins.

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Marussia hdv

Does someone have an unencrypted ISI Marussia hdv file? I am comparing Frenky's RFT changed physics to ISI, I could do that for Formula Master but not for Marussia.

Thanks.

16. crz

crz Registered

You won't get that because it contains exclusive data from Marussia, hence the encryption.

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Skin pack is component and it is easy to add as one part of the vmod, server allows skin uploads like it is now.

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Have you seen the content of an hdv file?

Do you really think there is still confidential information from a 2013 car in it (if there never was)?

How long do you think that the encryption would have resisted cracking if there were information valuable to other commercial or technical interests?

A few minutes?

I rather think that the encryption was meant to protect proprietary textures of the modelers who made the car.

Cheers.

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

What is the point to change physics to Marussia :confused:

20. stonec

stonec Registered

Well for example my league (FSR) had interest running with Marussia, but we ended up with FISI. I feel Marussia is overall better car than FISI 2012, both in carmodel and physics. I understand that physics are encrypted, but it's a pain when you can't edit any mod properties due to encrypted files. For example, our league really needs Launch Control at starts to prevent mass incidents. And added brake ducts because Marussia cannot finish a race at Montreal otherwise, etc. Some better solution should be found to this encryption issue, as it makes any modding impossible at moment for most ISI cars.