Empty Box thoughts on indy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thrindil, May 26, 2014.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Oh I am equally passionate about this thing, just not about a video from someone whom has opinions about something. valid or not, biased or not, I don't know, don't care either. just don't see the fuzz.

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Thank you my friend, you were always honest and sincere to me but I'm currently in the mood to give up.

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I have a friend who is Hong Kong Chinese, if some one upsets her slightly she can be very abusive but dosnt mean to so offensive she just says the worse words she knows lol

languages hey

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The other side doesn't understand the reaction either. Pretty much all I have said to you is that I don't understand. I don't understand.

You say that you come here to defend. Didn't come across that way. But that is OK. You came across trollish in one post, but again, this is obviously a language issue again.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Great, now even trollish. But honestly, I rarely have such sensitive people experienced as in this online world where I was shot more than one time for little things.

That drives me to be menthal and upsets me so strongly that I'm a step away to delete rf2 of my hard drive forever and forget about.

I have sacrificed so much time of my life for this, have struggled with language difficulties repeatedly and never gave up due to my ethusiasmus for cars and such a great software where i'm waiting a lifetime to get but now I'm tired.

It's not your fault but a little indulgence would not be wrong, and only fair. Me Idiot 've done it again to make other people problems to my own.

Why I'm ever thought about. :confused:

6. 88mphTim

You know we could just move on, right? It wouldn't be difficult. Just do it. Calling yourself names and exhibiting a self destructive reaction doesn't help you or anybody else.

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

I guess I'm just too emotional sometimes and become frustrated about myself. This is because I'm good at what I do in reality, just not in this case and that annoys me immensely.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

English is not my first language and when I first came across the idea of forums, in May 2003 (because I had just bought Grand Prix 4, over at grandprixgames.org), I had to learn a whole new world. It's amazing how much you can miss, how long it actually takes to get used to emoticons (especially when it's one single forum for many years) unless you have regular interaction you don't know people's characteristics and you can completely miss jokes or other things. Took me many years to learn! And actually over here I tend to keep very "shut off" and dry, which is extremely different from real world. Sometimes I can't help it and end up posting crap and lame comments/jokes. Point is, it's the internet, don't take it too personally especially when there's a language issue. And hold off on responses without full grasp of the message.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

we've been here before speed1:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...honestly-answer-pleased-!?highlight=emotional

I suggest you take a break (again), learn English in the written form better and who knows, it might be third time lucky :)

10. 88mphTim

Great post. I often forget to use emoticons as well, and I type how I often talk, but tone is everything with me and it just doesn't come across on forums. I can often be thinking happy thought typing what I say and if I don't put ;) at the end it reads very different, especially to people who aren't British as I am.

Sent using Tapatalk

11. buzard

buzard Registered

If anyone ever made a sim that was 100% perfect, 99% of it's users would not be able to get out the car of the garage. Imagine how well that would be reviewed!

12. Minibull

Minibull Member

Hahaha, after seeing lots of vintage race cars in person, I think you are right. Some of them can get snotty as heck just trying to get to the grid, so very temperamental XD

13. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Registered

If you have a problem why not talk about it directly and polity why name call on multiple websites ?

I'm not aware of making stuff "for reactions" I got a lot of flack for this http://www.bsimracing.com/rfactor-2-ghost-town/
    But it was not written by me. furthermore in the video you can see that I'm racing on-line against people and not being particularly positive or negative, but just driving and having some fun with RF2.

I bet if you bumped into me at a game-conference we would get on fine and you would see the absurdity of having a dislike of me and bothering to bring it up in some of your on-line comments.

I understand you might not like my videos that's fine, to be honest its always the case when uploading a video I think it could have been better if I did XYZ.

As for the Indy Car I think its quite enjoyable approachable car not put much time into it though, but when DK2 comes out I plan to spend more time with RF2 and I think oval racing will work far better in full 3D with the ability to look around properly.

And as for Empty box I think he does a good job of being honest about sim-racing just about everything he says I agree with.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  14. yifter

yifter Registered

Yeah, and in the meantime you will praise AC with: "look no further, this is it"
    LOL

15. GamerMuscle

GamerMuscle Registered

I'm not sure why you have that perception, In my videos I tell people to buy RF2 i racing and AC all the time.

I do personally really like many aspects of AC but I'm quite clear in my videos in saying a person that likes X sim might dislike or like this car , or this car in X sim feels a lot like this car in Y sim.

People get angry if you say something negative about anything and then accuse you of having a fixed bias Its probably unavoidable, many Pcars fans swear at me but the moment I said something positive about it I got criticized by fans of other games.

Ultimately no sim is going to have all the same cars tracks or the same/all possible features so there is always going to be an excuse to buy them all or at least GSC,AC,RF2,R3E,Pcars you can pick them all up so cheep that even if you just have a basic interest in cars or Sim games they are worth getting.

Strangely I never got negative messages about OMSI 2, despite that game being one of the hardest pieces of interactive software to use.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Another thing ..

I use 5th ( 235mph) gear races and 6th ( 243mph tow and pass ) ..........something about everybody just goes around in 6th gear. ?

and whats this about the cars too fast

I done 39.4 no tow, best pass and tow 39.1

Frans did fastest solo lap I seen in ISI server from so far 39.41

He tells me fast guys in iRacing do 38s so you best be talking to them before ISI about too fast

lol :)

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

when watching it on TV Katherine Legge (HOT!) stated that 6th gear is used for Passing but mainly they drive around in 5th, having got her autograph at Brands once and idolised her ever since I have no doubt that she knows what she's talking about having driven the series before, so yes you're doing it "Right" :)

18. steviejb

steviejb Registered

Jesus....

19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah I was referring to someone commenting everyone was driving around in 6th gear on server which is not really true.

The default setup yes it is geared wrong but isn't that half the fun left to you.

Try Oval 2014 tuning with this setup in notes see is Ryan Mayfield's
    Gearing is 5th solo 235mph 6th for tow and pass 243mph+

230-229mph ........that is pretty close to the server average minus rookies.

20. speed1

speed1 Banned

Finally I'll do just that what makes the most fun, to drive rather to join meaningless and complicated conversations. :)

Currently the FR3.5 makes a lot of fun and even the Indy's fun but he's really very sticky.

Although I have not driven the oval very long and the car had not been optimized, I was already on low 0.40.xxx and I've made ​​quite a few errors.

Have the road version tortured on Silverstone, started by the end of the AI field on 21 and had to find out the AI has no chance at 100%.

It was very easy. Indeed it makes fun but there is a little risk of any boredom.