ISI can you tell me why mirrors cost 40 fps?!(video inside)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GTClub_wajdi, Jan 21, 2014.

1. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

I know, I maybe challenge ban just mentioned this, but what about here? Why is almost zero drop of FPS here?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MarcG

MarcG Registered

there's already been a couple threads related to this, Search is your friend ;)

No......it's not!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2014
  3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

different game, different game engine...

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I'v seen in the player.plr are switches where you can set how much detail has rF2 to render in the mirror. Maybe you have changed this in the past to a higher level ?

5. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

Well, i know that :D. But it seems, it could be done without loosing so much FPS.

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

The amout of mirrors do not matter, what does matter is that the engine needs to start to render what is behind you and in front of you at the same time(altho the objects detail and view distance in mirrors is hugely smaller than the main render window) which it does not need to do when you dont use mirrors, that is what causes the FPS drop

Please DO NOT EVER use any modders content in any way to refer the games performance, as in any game in the world, all content needs to be well optimalized by use of LODs, filtering textures, and inteligently used assets. If you used a custom made track for your test, than this whole thing is hugely irrelevant as it is most likely made by an amateur, who maybe can make a good looking high res and high poly assets, but that is not what game graphics are about. A professional artist always and endlessly fights the balance between looks and performance by challenging himself with using low resolution textures and low poly assets and yet making them look as good as possible.

7. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

LOLOLOL

Why the hell "we" must be lovers or haters of something? You like AC... cool i like it too but not inthe same way as RF2.
    you don't need to bring that shots on just to tell that AC its a better game than RF2.

Don't get me wrong mate, i'm not starting a war but to compare you screens i have a video with 20 cars in RF2 where i lose less than 5fps with mirrors with all maxed out... What about that?

The OP maybe are running the game with a AMD card and that is the same problem as always. By the way, that its the only problem by now...

Im still uploading the video so please wait mor 40 minutes to watch it. Was saved with Shadowplay and with GPUcore and memory/CPU usage, fps, and temps saved in overlay with MSI afterburner

8. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Indeed;

[​IMG]

9. Miro

Miro Registered

I've posted about that a few times already, always got the answer it's on my end, nothing sim related. I should check mirror resolution, distance, it's not an ISI track etc..... cuz some people seem not to have the issue so it simply is not sim related, right? I am tired of posting issues and not getting a single word as response. But hey, here you go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

In your case i would bet on AMD goodness...

11. Miro

Miro Registered

I can assure you he is driving more sims on a daily basis than you are and is not a fanboy of any of them (mybe GSC ;) ) so just keep the LOLOLOL stuff at home bud and keep it clean here.

Ah yeah, totally forgot that one.

12. Tuttle

I don't have any dramatic drop using latest ISI contents.

LD on triple on a single GPU (GTX780) - Vsync; 60 FPS Mirror On, 60 FPS Mirror Off. Vsync Off; 65 Mirron On, 65 Mirror Off. Same for Mores and Silverstone. Most of the trick is on the Track optimization....

I really hope you can't blame ISI for a bad optimized third party mod (visGroup usage and what KS was saying) and/or for a hardware/driver barrier.

Yeah, everything can be improved...but please don't start useless comparisons..;)

13. Mulero

Mulero Registered

I also have this problem, I have it from day one and happens with any car and track, either ISI or the modders.

We need a solution for this problem because it is a big drag on performance.

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

So it is a AMD video cars issues I guess!

15. Tuttle

In your OP case dunno, honestly. I can't give you any information about a third party mod. Thing I can say for sure is I don't get any 40fps drop here, using our contents.

Can you reproduce a 40 fps drop using, for example LD?

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Well, I will make the same video with an ISI car/ track and see what I get!

17. Tuttle

Ok and, please, make the same test before starting the recording and keep the green bar visible (CTRL+F). Thanks.

18. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Some screenshots on Mores and Loch Drummond with the Civic. The green bar does not appear in screenshots, but this 60% or so.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Tuttle

As you can see on my first post here, I'm getting the same stable value on LD - on triple - using nVidia (no drop at all)...then possibly a ATI problem. Gonna report asap.

20. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

100% true. Possibly some anencephalic will invite you to play AC if you not happy with 40 FPS loss just because the mirrors.