Civic with FPS terrible drops in any track offiline/online

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PedroM, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Yet again the main problem is Gmotor + AMD cards.

Still don't understand what's happen but devs could be gentle and explain why this is happen. I don't believe that no one knows why this is happening.

By now we should replace the ISI intro video for other one with "Nvidia, The way it needs to be played" :p

Even to ISI would be better if they could solve the mistery because the are many many users saying that rFactor 2 its a crap because can´t play it AMD cards. That guys need to realise that with Nvidia cards the game its a complete new game and in a superior level than the competition.

N. L.

2. Tosch

Tosch Registered

64bit :D

Here is a screen from sysinternals process monitor running in the background during my tests. The last test was with 22 AI cars at Siverstone, all settings at max, 1920x1200 res and 2xSparse Grid Supersampling (for some reason I can load 2 more cars with this enabled?)
    Private bytes for rFactor2 3.868.640 K! :eek: (@stonec, you may be right)
    FPS in car were around 50 but when I escaped back to pit monitor the interface didn't respond (couldn't leave the track for some time) and it looked like 3 fps.

[​IMG]

3. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Laughs...

It's a kinda joke to say "a 7970 can't handle 20 AI cars", that's funny because this GPU can handle 20 AI cars in other racing games or simulators. Actually it can handle more than 20 AI cars more detailed than rF2 Civics with no problems and I proved myself with my own eyes.

it's very easy to blame the customer's rig for the terrible LACK OF OPTIMIZING of rF2 material, both track, shaders and cars. I don't care about rF2 anymore since I have a very high-end computer (Nvidia by the way) and the performance with 20 or few more AIs is barely poor, let it alone when realroad + variable weather will eventually be working.

It's cheaper to buy a real race car than a rig that can handle rF2 (I've read here a very well based thread here showing low performance with 4 x TITANS QuadSLi - what else can I do but laugh?), the complaining are spread over the internet but the staff simply doesn't accept this fact or really put their efforts on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  4. PedroM

PedroM Registered

This is the best post on the thread, could not express better!

As example the same rig takes 200FPS with high settings on AC- about 400 on iracing with Setting FULL-
    The problem is on the SIM not in our machine.

It would be great to hear from ISI that they will look to the CIVIC, but no, instead change your 7970 because is not good enough to run med/high settings. I can only laugh

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

eeerrr they are working!

AC = ONE car, Weather? Real Road? Day/Night Cycle?
    iRacing = AI? Weather? Real Road? Day/Night Cycle?

Both different sims on COMPLETLEY different engines, AC will excel iRacing in areas and vice versa. Yes it's annoying that AMD dont want to help ISI achieve better optimisation, Yes I wish my overclocked HD7850 was better optimized for RF2, Yes ISI *HAVE* improved optimisation since the very first beta build and YES they will continue to do so.
    Bitching and whining about it is going to make NO difference whatsoever as we've already learnt that ISI work at their own pace and work on what they want as it's THEIR game....if you guys cant handle that then disappear for a year or two then come back and see how things are, no-ones forcing you to play this game!

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

"This is the best post on the thread, could not express better!" :eek:

7. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

A single Titan can handle rF2 in the very same way than can handle Asseto Corsa with al maxed out with more than 60fps. I really don't understand where you get that info. If you look to the graph in the other thread you can see that even a 680/770 can extract more than 60fps average with all maxed out and 20 cars.

That opinion look more like hate to rF2 but everyone can have own opinion so.......

I have all other Sims on the market, hopefully i play ALL of then completely maxed out and i don't see anyone in overall better than this one and all of them have good things....

8. coops

coops Banned

It seems that NVIDIA are doing more for new sims and games than AMD is willing to do. This should cost them a lot in sales if this does not change. Suggestion = NVIDIA sooner than later.

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Your first post did not say so from what I understood, as everything was in comparison to the Clio. Thank you for the clarification.

To run the Honda in an acceptable way, reduce settings until you can do so. The Civic uses detail that new cars will use, if you find settings that run the Civic, you should not have issues with newer or older cars. Obviously there are additional issues with the video manufacturer, but your answer is still to reduce settings to get the performance you want.

10. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

No, they're not.

You're completely right, engines different, one working well and another working bad.

From my rig, don't tell me what I'm seeing. I'm not doing hotlaps with 1 car or mid settings, of course. AC running with 20 ai cars in a mid-range system (way worse than mine) = 80 FPS, and much more visual quality. Look for it in the dev Youtube page, I'm not searching the links for you.

It shouldn't be necessary to mention that "a single Titan" is more than 90% of simracers have in their computers. And it will not solve the problem when you're trying to race versus 20 cars under rain all maxed. At no circumstances.

Even worse, a 20 cars field is a small grid. Let it alone some multiclass racing with 40 cars on track + heavy track + weather = unplayable. Or the game will crash or those 40 cars will crash one into next one due 1 fps at race starting. Add to it the multiplayer processing... God.

Keep fooling yourselves but don't use Groucho Marx method on me:

"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
  11. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Real Road and variable weather are not working for you but they for everyone else.....ok then.......

12. Domi

Domi Registered

For me, besides the low framerate I get on rF2, is that at same fps, this game looks less smooth than other games ... it's like you really have half of the indicated framerate.

13. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

True - its like its constantly stuttering a little bit. There was a point when B342 just got out that the game suddenly ran smooth for me - even with framerates below 60 FPS it felt very smooth. That was really great but only lasted a couple of days then it was gone. Never seen it since.

14. 88mphTim

What does the CPU bar say you're using? Thanks.

15. 88mphTim

They're not working as they eventually will. Assuming he means that.

16. datanode

datanode Registered

Tried a spark f2 at mills metro the other day. Was liquid smooth on my very old amd machine. (4870)

I don't really like this comparison stuff going on. Maybe it is an expectation, but we do not know or maybe appreciate fully what each sim is doing.

I do hope for some optimisation, but, there has been a good amount in the last few builds.

Sounds like people would rather play something else?

That's not to say we shouldn't push for better AMD support, but like a similar current thread, push both sides. AMD and ISI, they will need to work together for really good optimisation.

Not that I am singling this or any particular thread, but remember we are all wanting the same thing (roughly) play nice, be concise it doesn't cost anything :D

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

There's been a lot of "banging on about RF2 Optimisation" and "Civic is way too FPS hungry" going on lately so I did a little test:

Back of the Grid, 12 AI in front, normal settings, all noted from Cockpit view before the Green:

Civic = 55fps
    370z = 85fps
    Howston = 80fps
    Brabham = 70fps
    Megane = 75fps
    Corvette = 74fps

That's a massive difference, yes I appreciate the Civic is more highly detailed than other ISI cars, but if that's gonna be the trend and every future car is "better than the last" then I'm gonna need a lottery win to pay for a Super PC before the year's out :eek:

18. 88mphTim

That is not what has been said.

From your list, only the Brabham and Civic are relatively new models. Other models were updated since rF2 was public, but created before. The whole new cars will perform like the newly created models do.

Date of first model creations IIRC:
    2009 Howston = 80fps
    2010 370z = 85fps
    2010 Corvette = 74fps
    2010 Megane = 75fps
    2011 Brabham = 70fps
    2013 Civic = 55fps

Basing your settings and system specs on how they support the cars which use current specs is a much smarter way to do things. And, again, I'm not saying there aren't problems, but comparing one car with another considering the difference in them does show that the Civic is more FPS hungry, so thanks for that, that's what I've been saying.

19. MarcG

MarcG Registered

cool thanks for the clarification, even so it's still a massive drop when switching from car to car (see wishlist thread about it being a PITA to change settings!!), would lower res skins on the Civics help at all?

20. 88mphTim

It might, but it would also date the car forever. Obviously it can be annoying, but if rF2 lasts as long as rF1, we're talking 2020. It might be nice to have cars that look nicer for a few years rather than already looking dated (which IMHO the older cars, even though updated, still can).

I edited my post after you had replied, if you didnt see it.