Released rFactor 2 Build 382 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 19, 2013.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

Wich car?

2. Paddler

Paddler Registered

About the grip? Well, i have tried the howston, the F1 1979 and others.

3. tjc

tjc Registered

I have core and data in the same location and have always heard the spotter but he`s way, way in the distance, very quiet even at full volume...

Not really a problem for me as I don`t tend to use him but I know others do.

4. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yep your right.. I just checked again. Only the objects are reflected.

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

Thanks Noel, I'll try that :)

EDIT: got it, thanks!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
  6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Other person who reported this, installed the demo version as if it was the Lite installer. Did you do that?

7. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

Meaning I should try it? or maybe i did it by accident?

I did the auto update 1st, now tried the manual method with LITE.

Showrooms still do not reflect the car and are really quite horrible to look at.
    The Specular T1 stuff still worse.
    The cube maps are still not noticeable.

What I have found though, is the last 2 issues are with HDR on. When off, the Spec T1 is how it was before (still flickers between texture and white, but not really bright) and the cube maps are noticeable.

The showroom has issues regardless of HDR, but generally worse with it on.

8. 88mphTim

Meaning you might have done it by accident. He did, so I guessed maybe you did. :)

What car is it you're looking at? Is it the latest version of it? Checked settings to make sure you have other things turned on you expect to be on?

Are you able to attach a screenshot?

Thanks for your patience replying to me.

9. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

Here are some screens....

10. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

ah...maybe should have pointed out that they are my own mods! Sorry, I don't bother with any of your cars, however excellent they may be :D

11. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

Just tried with a couple of ISI content cars and issues are the same, which means either my cars are just as excellent as yours, or yours are as crap as mine :p

It could be settings on my gfx card I suppose, but I have as much understanding of that as I do physics files!

12. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

And at far distance car shadow could be just a simple box (or little bit rounded square) because it wouldn't look any better anyway (well of course some high helicopter view with long zoom could make it look stupid). This way it wouldn't eat performance and still look rather good. Maybe this could be good solution for others than max shadow settings?

And thanks for the update!

13. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

rF1 had projected static shadows together with realtime dynamic shadows. It worked very well, I wonder why they left those out.

14. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Didn't try yet B382: I also have Core and Data in same location and can hear Spotter from day one, anyway, it's always far to low and I think it should be raised more than x2 in volume easily (Max already in Audio settings)...

15. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Same here. Easy solution could be to add same kind of volume slider as tire volume has: user could increase spotter volume up to 200% (now max is 100%).

16. 88mphTim

I'm not really sure those showrooms are reflective. I know it's turned off on most of them... I don't know, is the reflected floor showroom still in the public build?

17. JGraf

JGraf Registered

when i first setup my in-game audio options, the spotter was very low but clearly working. ( spotter volume 100% )

on ms-windows desktop in the system tray is a volume control slider, i set it to 100%
    i have a logitech PC stereo speaker system, has it's own volume remote control... when something sounds too low at this point, it gets turned up^ at the remote.
    now i turn up the remote speakers volume until the spotter is suitable, then i reduce the engine, etc.. sliders until everything starts sounding natural. (engine sound low as 20% )

*NOTE:
    if i change "number of effects" from (default 32) to 64, the spotter sound fails. (may be due to only having stereo pc system)

18. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

I don't know anymore :D I'll really have to make some space to back up everything and install from scratch. I'll get back to you!

19. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

B382 Installing automatic updates worked well but after half an hour the game extrella it goes black screen.
    I'll try installing the lite installer above and if that does not work I'll make a clean install, which I had to do for one reason or another in almost all updates.
    I am not a developer or informatic, only one user and is very frustrating to have to reinstall with almost every upgrade.

20. 88mphTim

Can you explain what extrella means?

You shouldn't have to reinstall with any update. Most people, now that it is more reliable, use auto update every time. If you do, perhaps there is a deeper issue causing you to have to. We know (and can do nothing about) that there are issues for some users with where they have installed rF2, and the 'protection' the operating system then gives them, stopping most automatic services from running. We know sometimes security software or features can cause other issues. Each time it happens to you, we need you to tell us of course, and talk about your system, because if it is something we can fix, we will. If it's not something we can, then we can try to advise you what causes it for you.

What build did you come from?
    Where is the data installed?
    Where is the core installed?
    What security software do you have?
    What operating system? (Still Win7?)
    When it went blank, was the sound running? Was it a lockup of just rf2? The whole machine? Does this happen with other software that uses resources like ours (not BF4)?