"Lag" on ISI servers

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by narcolepsy, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I looked at my multiplayer.ini and indeed it was set to 128k. I edited to 75% of my connection speed and jumped on a ISR server with 15 drivers and saw no lag myself. I did see some other guys struggling at the start and bumping around but with my altered settings I had no lag.

2. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

I tested two days ISI servers with the Civic in Durmmont , the truth is that I have been disappointed in the multiplayer game performance for the serious lag issues continually suffered.

O my Wired Fiber Optic 200/20 is not enough, or something wrong in the game, or ISI servers fail .

In my opinion I do not think my connection is giving a ping and speed up and down stable , smoothly. ISI servers are no big deal , give many more problems that we are using here in Spain , not choke with so many drivers on the track . I lean a problem in the game, so I reassured somewhat because we were crazy in SpeedinLive working on solving small problems with mods we have in development since the original mods of ISI has much more serious problems on their own servers . We will have to await the development of a stable Build to enjoy the game fully and bravely developments that took so much time working .

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Hey folks,

Made some changes to how the servers run last night. Let me know if the lag is any better today. Thank you.

4. 88mphTim

I've been saying they have issues for quite a while. Initially thinking it was the liveracers plugin as I was told, yesterday I spent the day making small changes to their settings and am looking for feedback.

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Monitoring progress. i'm keen on using liveracers on our site so very interested to see what's what.

6. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

03/01/2014 18:00 horas - Santander - España

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2014
  7. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

Today the server Dormunt worked much better than yesterday. But today I had half of pilots. Still had some lag.

8. vali

vali Registered

Seeing all this comments makes me feel lucky. The only issues I got with ISI servers were these.

My PC is not great either: 4 GB RAM, E8400 @ 3 GHz and a single 560GTX-Ti. I need to lower the graphic settings a fair amount to be able to play in multiplayer, but save the ocassional lag when there is a pileup, no big problems here. In fact the latency is good (about 150 ms) if you take in account I am in Spain and the server in the other side of the pond.

My connection is 15/2 Mbps cable (and half of that upload is used almost all the time). Sometimes I have some hiccups, but most of them are my router (wich is dying) or the recent storms that made my switch act funny (yes, a switch, trying to play with wifi is a nonsense).

The multiplayer.ini settings are defaults (but changed to 256u/1024d just to see what happens)

P.D. I think it was a great idea from ISI to run several servers themselves. That's the best way to know where bugs are showing up.

9. 88mphTim

Hopefully that is a promising sign. Thanks for the feedback.

10. vali

vali Registered

Had a couple of great races. There was a thing I noticed it's better now: joining new players.

I had a smal lag spike (like the game skipped 0.1 seconds or so). Now I don't notice them. Does not know if was your config or my increase of default network values in multiplayer.ini (or both).

11. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

JMCardenas:

The IP you are pinging and doing the tracert to is our website, Not the race server...

The race servers IP are:

Dave

NRT

12. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

Sorry for the error. I copied what I saw in the forum to other peers.

These data are from a moment ago.

[​IMG]

13. Dave-NRT

Dave-NRT Registered

Thank-you....

Dave

NRT

14. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

You can use with no problem Denstjiro. We use it for a long time now, first on RF1 and now on both and not a single problem.
    If you want to have more than 1 rf2 server then you need to make multiple installs and change their names (folders, PLR´s and change also a line in LiveRacers XML).
    It dont mess anything and its a valuable tool.

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Thx Valter :)

We shifted over to rf2 recently and are currently still testing how well things hold up, what can or should be tweaked etc. so I was holding off adding external components just to avoid confusion. there is still much confusion across the boards :)

16. 88mphTim

Couple more changes made to the servers. I am told they were better the last 12 hours or so, please let me know if this after now is better/worse.

17. JMCardenas

JMCardenas Registered

Sorry. Kings travel. Return Tuesday before impossible.

18. gregor vodicar

gregor vodicar Registered

No problems today on LD Civic. 20peoples..

19. 88mphTim

Nice thanks for the report.

20. 88mphTim

Reenabled Liveracers. I THINK it will only show the server here when populated.