Assetto Corsa Respectful Comparison

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Minibull, Nov 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

Also you should know that 6x FXAA only works if you have HDR turned on. To get great image quality turn all NVinspector settings to default for AC.exe Then in the AC video.ini file in your my documents folder, add 8X to AA samples, and add 6 to FXAA. Save the file and you should have great fps and image quality. If you want even more and your pc can handle it. In NVinspector turn on enhance application settings for AA and set transparency AA to 2X or 4X sparse grid supersampling. :)

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

You can see my pc specs by clicking the coloured square below my avatar.

I have never changed anything in Nvidia settings...

3. baked bean

baked bean Registered

The AF is a fps killer ive got mine on x4 and cube map on medium, faces per frame is on 4 and im getting 150 up to 180fps some places Tig. 680 here too :)

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

After testing all the cars in AC, i feel that most of them have in common a lot of understeer!

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks for the info bean. I hope that doesn't make it look much worse.

6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Also i forgot to say ive got HDR off too, as it seems to make every thing too bright at the moment ,imo it looks better with it off :)

7. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Are you using the semi slicks where possible GTclub?

8. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

25 here and I have to admit, it seems I'm a bit of a Sentell when it comes to crashing cars :p
    First E30 320, incredibly stupid. Had been practicing for like 2 weeks on parking lots etc, wanted to drift it around a nice turn among farms etc on a wet tarmac. But the car said no, and just pulled its nose up and went forwards into a ditch.
    2nd E30 325, I went out with my boss during the midday break to get some sandwiches, was a car on yellow Koni's and tires who were just on the limit of still being legal. Was going around a turn at 60kmh with a huge bump in the middle (not even trying to go quick), inside wheel spun up insanely quick and the car snapped sideways when it came down again, the front dug in some fences that stood on the inside so that was sadly a write off.
    My current MB 190E, was drifting around backroad in the snow on those bumpy Belgian roads (those very slippery square stones) and in the middle of the corner there was a spot of ice so obviously instant 180° since i was doing like 40kmh. While I was going backwards I tried to turn it around again by doing a J-turn but the tree on the outside also said no :p Steering arm & front fender and back in business aha

Also almost crashed my corsa on a highway onramp during a huge storm, lifted the throttle at 110kmh or so in a quite shallow turn (on a very small crest) and the rear of the car was gone. But that was easy to save, just mash the throttle but this was my first car so it was a good lesson to not do that in the rain.

You have to buy better tires Matt, stuff only happens in the wet here :D Luckily the 2 tracksdays I did on Spa and the... I think it were 3 on Zolder have always been dry

9. Panigale

Panigale Banned

#1, Sigh. Impossible in the dry, it must have been wet, icy, and tires balder than Mr. Clean. I know this because I lift abruptly when pulling into the starbucks drive-through in our SUV, nothing happens! Possible half-shaft failure or your CV joint locked up and it just happened to go down when you lifted.
    #2, =You can't drive, if it was me, I'd catch the slide, drift, get on the gas, drift some more, crack the window, let the mullet air out (you were driving a trans am in the 80s so don't deny it), then bring it back in and do it again on the next turn. It is not that difficult, I'll make a video with the AC beta to show you how it is done.

10. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Guys, for whatever reason AC is caped to 60fps on my computer. NVidia control panel all default, No vsync in game, and capped to 60fps. I can make fly my rF2 or pCARS if I remove the adaptive vsync in NVCP, but AC don't want to go upper than my monitor, whatever I try. Something max it at 60, possibly in some INI file?

Also, does one of you have T500RS and can share settings? FFB is more than correct with default settings (but Gain set to 75%) and I have a FFB dead zone right in the middle I can heavy feel when going from one side to the other. It's just an FFB deadzone, wheel in game react pretty well (with a pretty well big lag too). So if one of you was able to have better settings for T500rs thanks to share! ;)

AA is awfull, I'll try the tips to turn AAx8 and FAAx6 in ini file (in game they are exclusive).

For my first 2 hours of trying AC, I can say that's boring to be alone doing laps after laps ;) I pretty like it, some cars more than the other. Overall I see lot of rooms for improvement, but a very good start. Sound are binaries like NKpro, I hope they will improve that. By binary I mean if you go on the sand you have immediately the sand sound turned on max volume, until you leave it and the sound go away immediately (from max volume to zero). same for kerbs, here, and not here, 1, 0, without any variation in volume. I like the FFB, it lack some effect I agree, but I like to feel the weight of the car, feel kerbs, and feel when I lose the rear for example. Nothing near what I greatly feel with rF2, but not bad and I feel I can do with it if they improve it a little more. Cars are really shiny during replay, crisp, possibly too much, but that's make pretty nice replay. I agree something is odd with physic as that's the first time I can drive a modern open-wheeler without spending my time in the sand searching where the road is (even without TC and ABS thanks to CTRL A and CTRL T). But it's fun to drive, and that's what I'm searching, casual fun! ;) and if Devs say it's a Sim and it's realistic, I even have more fun keeping that in mind ;)

Overall feeling I'm happy, I can't wait to see how they will improve it :)

Welcome in my Beta Folder AC! ;)

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

mmmm I have to checked that! thanks

12. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Hey guys are there any way to change FOV or at least move seat forward?
    Lol, maybe I should google it but I trust you...

13. Timpie Claessens

D:\Steam\assettocorsa\system\cfg
    Open assetto corsa.ini, change enable_dev_apps to 1
    Ingame hover over the app bar on the right and choose Onboard settings.
    FOV and seat adjustments, saveable per car

14. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

When you choose your screen resolution in game settings, there are options for screen refresh rate... You have multiple options for each resolution, like:

1920x1080 59hz
    1920x1080 60 hz
    1920x1080 99hz
    1920x1080 119hz

wierd... because with all different resolutions we have a very long list.

Probably you already know this but anyway... :p Otherwise I don't know

15. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Thanks!

16. Timpie Claessens

You'll probably have to go to steam/steamapps/common/assetto corsa but I used steammover to move it to my 2nd SSD

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Someone talked to me like that in a pub you get a liverpool kiss straight off, keep your handjobs to yourself douche bag.
    Don't hide behind a keyboard and antagonize people with your childish comments and pics, grow up.

Do you see me personally attack people here because of their beliefs. ?

One thing I never did was put people down for liking another sim for having a opinion, we are individuals.

When I say people are kidding themselves about a sim it is not personal, I saying don't get so tied up in what something may or may be like in 2 years time.
    Its the here the now that matters for me. :)

But it is easy to tell some home truths bite because why are you interested in what I have to say, why would you waste your time digging out one of your reply pictures.

What I do know is I think rF2 Historics are the best cars ever to be put in a sim and that did not take a whole lot of soul searching.

You do not agree, tough titties my frieind. lol ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  18. liebestod

liebestod Registered

19. peterchen

peterchen Registered

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Don't roll ya eyes at me, toddle off and find me a post where I do what you did, personally attack someone for simply stating what they think will be.

Well go on.

While we are at it what car do you think is the best in any sim ever ? do you even know ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.