[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Thank you!

2. jrg_carrion94

jrg_carrion94 Registered

Thank you pleclair, will test it this afternoon and will give you some feedback if necessary :) Keep up the good work

3. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Things that I'm aware of:

The skybox mapping isn't perfect. But the weird thing is, it is appearing perfect in 3dsmax, so I'm a bit puzzled on how to fix. I will dig deeper later. (But it was already so)

There is one or two group of trees I'll need to investigate their shadows. I have seen some shadows turn near the village.

And there is a road edge near the adenau bridge I'll need to fix. It is repeating itself on the vertical axis. I thought I had fixed those, but missed this little part there. Happened when I merged and remapped the grasses. Must have selected a few edges by mistakes, or maybe they weren't using the right mat I dunno.

There was also a grass patch that showed the hillside grass, and shouldn't. I thought about that one once the terrain was merged then splitted again, and when I tried to fix this, I couldn't export the gmt no more. The exporter window wouldn't move and stay there until I shut down max. So I had to keep that grass patch. I will fix that one later when I merge all the terrain again when geometry will be done on it.

4. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Downloading now... at 2kb/s. Should be done by Saturday lol

BTW Pleclair, did you ever look at this issue? A single line of black pixels appearing above two different trees... (you'll have to zoom to see them)

Single conifer
    Group of background conifers

(note: I took those screenshots about 5 versions ago)

Another poster mentioned that it may be an alpha texture bleeding in from the bottom. I've not seen it in any of your screenshots, so I don't know if you're aware of it.

Anyway, great work! Thank you so much for all the effort you've put into this wonderful track :)

5. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I'm aware of the issue, and I already tried one of the solution suggested with that post. I disabled tiling on the y axis, and it did nothing. I'll have to look back for the other solution to try. This problem has been around for a while now, but the odd thing, it did that for the treelines, and some new bushes I made. None of the trees are affected. And all alpha mask have been made the same way. Use the quick wand on the transparent background to select everything except tree, then inverse selection, refine, and create the mask.

EDIT: I hadn't looked at your screenshots initially, since I'm already aware of it, but was still curious to see them, and I just found out the large tree you outline have this problem as well. That's odd, I never noticed it. I'll look carefully next time I'm on the track.

6. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... another version (v0.97l) that mega won`t start up the download for.

Strange... out of all the versions this is only the second time I`ve had any problems.

Will try again later.

7. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

First thanks peclair for yet another improvement on an almost perfect track !

I had this problem too, solved it by first importing the file to my own cloud, the link is next too the download link (need to register at Mega for this I think) and then starting the download from there... worked like a charm all the way at 1 mb/sec. Maybe this will work for you also....

8. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ll keep this info in mind.

Thanks SnijdersB.

9. SnijdersB

SnijdersB Registered

Just did a few laps in a Formula ISI and I ad to come back to say: thank you, thank you, thank you! I dont know what you did Peclair but I went from 60 or less framerate (on 1650x1080) to a framerate between 90 and 100 and all minor stuttering has gone as well(check my specs with icon you'll see my system is getting pretty old:p )... this makes it an even greater pleasure do drive round the ring(and it allready was my favorite track) so please Peclair keep up this brilliant work your doing it is much appreciated by me(us).
    I'm off to do a few more laps ;)

Edit: tried 1920x1080 and same gr8 result with framerates, one thing I did notice(dont remember this in other versions) that the textures in the mirror dont show all the time, I add a picture were you can see what I mean. View attachment 10841

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2013
  10. Hectari

Hectari Registered

11. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

Pleclair, very nice progress with every new version. One thing that strikes me is blueish road texture. I dont know anything about track creation, but i think it was like that with rf1 version of this track too. As far as i know you are using new road textures from rf1 version so dont know what it is. See the pic below.
    [​IMG]

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

I don't know what went down but last version and this version just crash all of rF2 at the end of the progrss bar. No matter the texture or track detail level. I may have to do a complete reinstall.

13. tjc

tjc Registered

14. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

hi pleclair,
    just downloaded version l, looks veeery pretty in front of me :) but in the mirrors i have some strange issues in different places of the track, i have never seen before. just see the attached screenshots.
    View attachment 10842 View attachment 10843

i have set in PLR-File: Rearview Cull="0"
    i will try with 1 again. but had better views in mirror with "0" so far.

15. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Thanks! Happy that you experience similar results as I do!

Regarding the missing textures in mirrors, I play without them, and FOV30, so I don't see them. But have never noticed anything like that using rear view. Maybe the LODs in this area are a bit too tight. I'll look this up. This was one area that I had to adjust from my initial lod adjustments.

16. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Yeah, give it a try, it could be something that got saved along the way, and doesn't work no more with the more recent versions. I altered a few GMTs since j, prior to this, most work was done only in textures.

I wish I had a better answer, but as you are the only one to experience recurring crash like this, and with more than 1 version, without the solutions I mentioned, there must be something wrong with the installation, or more likely the userdata dir. Before you re-install everything, I'd first try to rename userdata to userdata_bak or something, and start rf2 again, it will create a brand new profile. See if it works this way, you'll know where to look for... if it works, it's userdata, if it doesn't, it's probably the installation itself?

17. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

when i look back with buttons on my wheel, it is all ok. only in mirrors i have seen it. I have changed Rearview Cull="1" but didn't change anything.
    but i bet, you will find it. will go for a drive now. it is so much fun anyway, thank you very much :)

18. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Someone just mentioned it, I'm not using mirrors so I didn't noticed this. Using rear view, I didn't see this happens, not on replays. Some LODs are likely too tight.

Can you tell me if it does this the whole track, or just in some areas? And which one?

19. pleclair

pleclair Registered

The objects optimizations had a huge impact on framerates, but textures that I merged also reduced vram usage. You can also try with larger grid than you previously ran. I was able to run 30 vettes and 30 fisi so far.

Haven't tried other 30 grid with other cars yet. I'm sure the megane, clio, gtr will work as well.

20. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

i will have a look for it. but i just started with version 97l, didn't do 1/4 of the track and saw it often. didn't see with any version 97 before. so maybe it is something you have changed since 97k??