[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Again, amazing work. Thanks!

2. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I don't understand how suddenly things are too dark. The only thing that changed between 0.97d and 0.97e are mostly the trees. Actually, all of them should be a bit brighter when shown in their most darkened versions, ie when the sun is facing you, or when the sun doesnt hit them.

The road itself needs to fine tuning. I agree it is too dark at times. I'll see to this soon.

Already made a few changes that further tighten up things.

Made a few edits to the trees again, saturated them a little touch more, and also improved their specularity.

I changed the ugly red brick at the paddock, created bump/spec maps for the cones, red/white posts at the paddock, and coke can in the gp overlap area. If you had noticed already, it was using the specular t1 shader, with no spec maps, and in many cases, they simply became white, or mostly white.

This is fixed now.

And also made the road a bit lighter too.

The next thing I'll be working on once I'm done with fine tuning the recent mods, I'll improve the treelines, I'll try to make better treelines images, and also finish up converting x shape bushes, to billboard bushes. Swap x shape grass for billboard grass, and add more trees. There are simply not enough. I want to remove the treelines close to track, and replace with billboard trees, fill up.

3. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Mega is stuck at 25% so I tried this... Done in 10 minutes!

4. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Here, a screenshot at 1pm for me, it doesnt look dark at all, and seeing no tall shadows...

[​IMG]

I like fixing up stuff, but I cant fix stuff I don't experience myself :(

5. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

Sorry mate, wish I had a answer for you, I dont understand why mine looks as dark as it does, all other tracks look normal with or without hdr,

6. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

A total game changer. Literally for every game.

I am going to fix up my rF2 packages folder and sync that entire thing so all my friends have exactly the mods I do. The scary bit happens when you leave it on full access so they can add mods but also allows them to delete EVERYTHING in my shared folder. Will take some getting use to.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It's definitely too dark overall, but it seems to me to be a global setting. It's as if a peculiar HDR profile were applied that was trying to make it dark rather than trees or shadows or something specific.

Since most of us are experiencing this with or without HDR on, all I can suggest is that you compare Ring with Spa (same general vicinity to each each other) at the same time and see if they look the same on your screen--when playing, not in dev mode. If they look the same brightness to you, then there is a big mystery with some strange settings somewhere. But more likely, Spa will look noticeably brighter.

Your 1 pm screen shot just above does actually look too dark in terms of the trees...so it may be that you are trying to compensate for ISI's "too bright" looking graphics mid-day and throwing things off as a result. It looks OK on it's own merit, but it does not look as bright "as it should" by rF2 standards. At noon or 1 pm, with no HDR, the lighting should look a bit too bright to be believable, or that you forgot to put your sun glasses on, if it is to match the rest of the tracks. Hopefully either HDR profiles or a global change will address that too-bright issue soon, but if you try to fix it within your track, we'll all be experiencing a too-dark track at all times and with all HDR profiles. Does that make sense?

8. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I'll give it a try then :)

Here is BTSync Read Only Share for 0.97f: BKROCQ56KRLW332HJSXJV4IKBWGQKVYVH

Curious to see how it goes with the upload speed I have.

9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

No problem here at 1PM, with HDR on. No HDR profile selected, it look pretty OK IMO on my machine:

View attachment 10543

10. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Taking notes :)

My screen is already very low brightness, after calibrating it with the image sent to the thread a while ago. So it cannot be my screen is too bright, and I'm making dark textures because of this.

You are right tho, its a tough fight to make textures look good at different times of day. Maybe I'll need to experience further with spec maps...they seems to be the key here.

11. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Does your monitor have adjustable gamma?
    I think its a gamma problem, not brighness.

12. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

It will sync when the program finishes indexing my 265GB of Flac music. Apparently it doesn't multi-task too well. When it finally gets revision f I will let that share on my connection

[​IMG]

13. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

BTW: I´m getting around 1.5 kB/s............

14. pleclair

pleclair Registered

No, unfortunately. As I have stated, I am now using a very old ProView 19in LCD... bought that early 2000s, 2nd generation LCD screen.

To give you an idea, this monitor got an auto adjust button, so the image fits right in the screen, otherwise, the windows taskbar can be partially hidden if you dont hit that :)

The only thing it got is brightness, contrast, and color (well also can adjust sizes, positions)...

I will experiment on the matter today, and report my findings when I got something relevant.

EDIT: I mean on this brightness thing... I'll experiment further diffuse/spec combos and see...

15. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Yeah, thats the thing.. I got 80kb upload speed max, and now a second person arrived :p

Not sure BTSync is good for me.... its gonna take ages for the first to complete.

16. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Ok, i guess will have a better screen anytime in the near future? There´s not really a hurry. In the meantime we can help ourselves with HDR profiles.

The Download gets better over time. i´m in the 50kB/s range right now :)

edit: I´ve been to early pleased! :-(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2013
  17. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Also, now that you mention this, I have tried Tosch HDR profiles pack, and all of them were overly bright and appeared washed out a bit. I think its gonna be hard for me to make stuff that looks good on your side :(

18. pleclair

pleclair Registered

A quick question regarding BTSync, is it like regular torrents? I mean, when some people have it completed, can I close BTSync, and people can still connect to the share, and get it from others who have it running?

The reason why I ask, I have limited bandwidth and get charged hefty prices for exceeding. I cannot afford to exceed at the moment, so I wouldnt be able to leave it running all the time.

If that doesnt work, I'll have to keep uploading to mega, and let Hoover handle the share.

I thought I would try it myself, so hoover dont have to hunt for my updates everytime.

19. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

As far as i can see, yes.
    Some more people wouldn´t be bad...........

20. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Hi, i just wanted to say a great thank you to everybody and particullary pleclair for this efford in form of this track, it is great and is massivelly better now than it was initially.

I have a small request tho. Is there any chance you could stop releasing small 0.97a,b,c,d, etc... versions twice a week, and instead of that, rather release bigger versions but not so often? It has become very difficult on multiplayer to be lucky enough to have the right version now, and i dont want to download it again and again so often to own all of the versions.

Thanks