[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Same FPS for me with the detailed cockpit.

2. Coanda

Coanda Registered

@ Barf Factor - Cheers for the handy info.

I altered the permissions and although I know receive the correct pop-up notification, once I select "allow" it does not re-commence the download and it reverts the permission setting back to always ask...

What a MEGA pain in the ass.

3. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Very cool. Wish I got an Nvidia card. Sigh.....

Next year

4. hoover

hoover Registered

Or use btsync as outlined in my previous post.

Cheers, Uwe

5. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Thank you for the option. If I could use my BitComet client to access then torrent file then cool as. Tired of signing up or installing crud.

6. hoover

hoover Registered

Please check the bittorrent SYNC page I linked to, it's nothing to do with your run of the mill torrent client... except the protocol.

Uwe

7. Coanda

Coanda Registered

cheers mate however as stated I am not interested in installing yet another program... Keeping my system clean. I am sure it is great. I'll wait for another mirror.

8. hoover

hoover Registered

I've been online since 1990 and let me tell you btsync is the next big thing. ;) While I understand the bittorrent protocol may have a bad name due to some bad apples / clients abusing it, there's a reason why companies like blizzard (wow) and others use the protocol for distributing their stuff. Give it a go, there's nothing to be afraid of here; you won't regret it.

Uwe

PS: not meaning to de-rail this thread, but it's kinda weird to see people complain about single site distribution when such a great alternative is readily available.

9. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Mate I appreciate what you are saying however it is not the protocol that is the problem. As stated I use Bitcomet for all my current needs. All be it different for today I don't want to sign up and install another client just to use once to download this track.

Im not that stressed about it ;)

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Why every thing is dark with this new version?!

11. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

I have the same problem, , only with this track,, time set at 1pm

12. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Couple of things I noticed:
    1. The cars' tyre smoke uses the same particle effects as running onto the dirt, track issue or mod issue?
    2. The track is a little bit too dark .. particularly in cloudy conditions with HDR on
    3. I'd lose the camera shake as cars go past, 95% of them are sufficiently far awar from the cars for it not to be a factor

Otherwise, cracking work! Keep it up and continue to strive for accuracy on track layout and elevations (i'm sure it's already excellent).

13. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

With or without HDR? If so ,what profile?

14. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I know what you mean but you do not have to sign up or something else. Only one time download the sync tool (without sign up). The tool is small and easy to use. For a sync you need only the hash and a folder on your pc.

15. oldschool1478

oldschool1478 Registered

I also have a dark look at 1pm, and the trees have long shadows?
    A little less dust would be my preference as well.

Over all, this is really coming along nicely! Thank you for your hard work!

16. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I tested it in both condition, with and without HDR and it is the same story!
    Why is the dust every where? first I thought it was the tire smoke so I thought I had some thing wrong with my brake balance or some thing wrong with the car setup, then from the replay I realized that it was dust! it is every where and I don't understand why of this thing!

17. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Same experience here. It´s simply too dark. You can compensate it with Toschs HDR profiles, but it should also look ok without HDR or without profile.
    In my opinion a modder should deal at least with some basic calibration of the monitor (brightness, contrast, gamma). Ok, this needs some learning but it´s worth it. Otherwise one will never understand why people complain about bad colors, brightness and so on, because it looks good on his own monitor....

greets

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

pleclair is using a bad monitor--he already told us that his better one failed. So yes, there are some serious issues, but it's not his fault that he can't wave a magic wand and have a top quality monitor.

Either Tosch will release an official 0.97e HDR profile that makes things look bright like the prior screen shots, or, hopefully with some helpful help and not complaining, we can assist pleclair to release a version "f" that is properly calibrated.

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yea Marc, we are here to help him signaling these bugs, so it's ok!

20. Digi Lauda

Digi Lauda Registered

Sorry, i didn´t want to complain, just tell about an issue. pleclair is a great guy and i really appreciate all the work he is doing for us.