[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas Registered

Great update. Looks more natural and consistent. Trees a looking good now too. It improves the atmosphere a lot :) Just did a quick test with AI and first thing I noticed was that you cant see the barriers from. Cant remember wether you worked on this or not.

All in all awesome update. Looking forward for more improvements. Thanks peclair for giving us this wonderful track. Keep on ;)

2. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thank you for the update Plecair, 0.96 will not load for me, I get rf2 is not responding around the point the cars start loading with say a 1/4 of the bar left to go.

3. Henki

Henki Registered

Looks great so far. Thank you for your work.

But, what happend to the carroussel? :D
    GRAB_001.jpg

4. baked bean

baked bean Registered

0.95 is not loading either :confused:

5. Henki

Henki Registered

Have you been waiting long enough? Here it needed quite a long time at the first start too

6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Doh, yes your right, it flys along at 1st then stops towards the end, even says rf2 is not responding but it dose load in the end. Thank you Plecair the surface(0.96) feel so much better, well done sir :cool:

7. pleclair

pleclair Registered

If you have your settings on high or max, it is likely you are running out of vram or something. As I said in the warning, the track is getting heavier each version. Althought I will make proper shadow groups, so when playing at low and med, it doesnt look that much different at first glimpse.

But right now, high and max are the same, and it is substantially heavier than last one. A lot more shadow casters, and they are showing from further away to prevent shadow popping.

I'll refine the settings in next updates.

That is the 0.96 version I guess? Cause I've been many laps around 0.95, and all real road elements should appear fine.

In 0.96, I smoothed the road quickly, and had some mats swap to do for a few sections, since the road mesh I imported had different multi-material a bit, so it is possible I didnt saw that last part that was messed up? I didnt do a full lap to test actually.

I'm currently upload 0.97 with the mesh smooth/tessel road mesh, which is the best to me.

Also note, that on 0.96 and 0.97, since the road mesh is smoothed, there are some little cracks here and there on the side of the roads... it doesnt matter really, and most apparent when driving with orangish skies. (early and late in the day)

Needless to say it will be fixed :)

8. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Oh yeah, sorry, I wanted to warn you. Since I added night driving (and omni properties to many objects) the first loading time of a given version is much longer than before.

Subsequent load are much much faster.

On my relatively modest system, it takes upward to 2 mins to load it first. :) Wish I had SSD sometimes!

9. tking

tking Registered

I just had time to let the ai run a lap with 0.96. Man, this really looks nice!! Good job!!! Congratulations and thank you.

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Hi mate, thanks for the work!
    I downloaded and installed the last version 0.96 and I found some bugs:
    1-Can't get out from the pit-line;

2-it's me or there is dust every where and the track is very slippery! especially the curbs, look at this video:

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Even when you brake there is a lot of dust :

More bugs

12. Senna12

Senna12 Registered

It's not right to ask for charity when converting an honest persons donation to the community.

This map is not a joke, you've made all these changes to a near perfect map...what do you think took 10,000 hours?

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

14. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Looking forward to trying this track again after the next build of rf2 (been taking a break)
    (I've only tried the 1st version release)

Good work pleclair for your continued commitment (-;

15. swaussie

swaussie Registered

haters gonna hate... dont donate then. What we do with our money is up to us and if we want to give a small donation as a thanks for making this game even better, then thats our choice!

I think this track is getting to the point of awesome!! sooo much fun to drive ;)

thanks for the huge amount of effort you are putting in pleclair!

16. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Just looked at 0.96, wow! You really see how much work went into the trees, it looks soooo awesome now. The road mesh seems to be alot better too, the elevations feel much better.

Couple of bugs, already mentioned, like the color in carussell, or the smoking curbs, but hey, this will be fixed eventually and i think that this version is already THE benchmark nordschleife for simracing!

Thanks alot

17. Domi

Domi Registered

Really nice update, pleclair, you are improving this track step by step, well done!

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Looks like 0.97 didn't make it...or at least no link yet on the first page. I hope you rest and have time to check 0.97 for the issues identified above, then post. We can wait a few hours. I'll trust your judgement that the 0.97 has superior smoothing of the road surface.

You are a super-hero of track editing, but don't kill yourself!!! The hardware problems alone would be enough to throw me off the path.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013
  19. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

[​IMG]

20. Domi

Domi Registered

I've noticed that the track borders are bit bugged (there is some space between the tarmac and the grass), I don't know if it's something new or was already on older builds

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxzek8u9nxr2dwj/nords_borders.png

Edit: Actually, I remember this happened to me as well when I tried to tweak a track mesh with 3ds max some time ago ...

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2013