Simresults.net - a webbased result reader & PHP library

Discussion in 'Other' started by mauserrifle, Jun 2, 2013.

1. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Good news!

Simresults.net is now running on a VPS server. It has much more resources and am in total control. Big results will parse from now on!

Latest Sim HQ race:
    http://simresults.net/130819-q4j (might not work yet for you due to DNS)

I changed the DNS 15 minutes ago to the new server. It might take some time for some people with slower DNS servers. For me it already works (149.210.144.205) :) There is a script running every 5 minutes that is syncing the old site with the new one. So no results should be lost between this transission.

Have fun :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2013
  2. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

How interested are you guys in fuel stats? I think that's the only major thing missing from the results. Other feature requests? Shoot me...

Some may noticed that the graphs have been updated, the legend is left of it and the bullets are not shown anymore for long races (100+ laps). The new server also works really well :)

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Not so interested in fuel stats but I can imagine that many are. I would be more intetested in tyre wear stats but I guess it's not possible.

but all is good as it is also.

4. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Ye tyre wear aint in the logs. Maybe it's possible gathering that info from live server stats but I don't have any experience with that within rFactor. Though I see some impressive live projects on here :) My project is designed to support any source of information (whether its XML, JSON or a live stream). So by design I could develop it, I just don't know whether it would be useful because of the other projects going on in here (which seem local hosted on the game server).

Anyone know whether it's possible to get detailed stats from the server using a remote machine?

5. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

I've done an update to the website:

* Included hours in gap times too when the finish time includes hours. This way gaps are aligned with the finish time.
    * Added a mouse title on gaps like "+1 Lap" containing the gap in time. This way you can still see the detailed gap information.
    * Fixed issue of Lap numbers in graphs not being visible on Google Chrome
    * Fixed About page to include all the information that was available on this forum but not the website

The library is also updated to version 0.2.2 (https://github.com/mauserrifle/simresults/releases).

Have fun :)

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

nice :)

7. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

I just received an automatic error mail of a visitor (Japanese) that uploaded a result that produces errors. I will fix it tonight!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
  8. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

9. Giel de Haan

Giel de Haan Registered

Awesome job! One question though..... Are tires logged in resultsfile, and if so, can you add it to the resultreader?

10. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Are not in result file. Hope ISI will add this info someday, then will include it for sure.

11. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Hi all,

Simresults.net has been updated to include tire compound information (requires build 342+). Please note that I don't consider this to be a final solution as ISI should fix things. More info found at this thread of Nibo: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/16512

To summarize: the result files include values 0 - x. 0 is the first tire choice in garage, 1 the second and so on. But this order is different per car/mod & track. So this means you as an user must find out what these values mean within rFactor 2.

An example can be found at the "Laps" of the following result:
    http://simresults.net/131025-t3N

Note that there is a question mark next to the Compound header. It also explains what the values mean.

For coders:
    The code written for this is a separate branch on GitHub:
    https://github.com/mauserrifle/simresults/tree/feature/compound
    so I consider this to be a WIP until ISI makes a proper result file. After that it will be merged as a new stable Simresults version.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2013
  12. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

good stuff.

Is "practice incidents" new also? haven't seen that before...

13. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Incidents are not related to sessions. All data is collected regardless what session it is. But maybe it's new in the new build, but I don't think so.

14. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

could you explain what this means? What kind of things it reports?:

"reported contact (1.00) with Immovable"

what is that time/number? what is immovable: car or an object?

15. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Found this:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/420-rFactor-LOGs
    0.03 is the force of impact with 1.00 being the highest possible value.

16. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Haven't seen incidents being reported before, cool feature.

http://simresults.net/131029-8Ck

for some reason contact reports are duplicated (maybe it can not tell when one contact is over)

It reports contacts with "immovable", "post" and "part"... would be good to know which is a car from these options (probably not "post")

17. mauserrifle

mauserrifle Registered

Sounds like incidents with track objects. Maybe it's due to the physics of the objects after hit? It's not really 'duplicate' cause of different impact factors. So I cannot fix it by removing duplicates. I have no idea what it is all haha :rolleyes:

18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

didn't notice they had different impact values, it's ok then.

19. Valbuena72

Valbuena72 Registered

Can we put it online on a web host (supporting PHP 5)? To make test
    Is that possible?

Great Work's

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2013
  20. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Immovable is normally a wall. The car can make multiple impacts with a wall. Like the front right corner and then the back right corner. Then parts may fly off which results with contacts with "part". If a contact is with another car it will state the driver name of the other car. I wrote an app for the league I race with which reads the results and lists all the contacts that involve two cars over %60 and sorts it chronologically along with the time code (in the same format that the replay fridge displays) that matches the server's replay. This makes reviewing incidents really easy. Because going through a 12 hour replay by hand would be a massive pain.